Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

86%
14%
Price:$1,980.00+ $75.00 shipping

on September 24, 2013
I have seen dozens of the BenQ projectors from the SP890 series to this unit. They have a great Lumen output, and the resolution is outstanding for the price. I haven't found a better projector to date that is in the price range with the warranty provided. These are basicly the SP890 but the original SP890s had ballast issues that after several months would start blowing bulbs before they should. The firmware revision to this unit corrected the lockup issues seen on the SP890 as well. I have tested about 30 of the SP890s over 2 years and now these are being tested at 2 sites with no problems yet.
NOTE: ALWAYS REMEMBER TO KEEP WELL VENTILATED. Never place hot projectors in small spaces, bulbs do blow up and can cause fires.
22 comments11 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2013
We purchased 10 of these and have 4 in use 24/7. They are positioned 32' from the viewing wall and are 12' off the ground (our wall is 2 stories high). We went with this model specifically because of it's "long throw" capability. We had 1st tried a different brand of projector, but couldn't get our image small enough due to the 32' distance. With this model, at 32' from the wall, we can get the image as small as 8' (horizontal). Have not had a single issue and they have been in use for approx 5 months now. The remaining projectors have since been allocated for use in conference rooms due to their crisp and bright image capability. It is a sizeable unit... make sure you have a sturdy surface or mount.
on December 7, 2013
I purchased this for an office conference room. I wanted to keep the lights on while the projector was in use. Works great and the resolution is fantastic. The Lens Shift feature was important for our layout.
I installed this BenQ SH940 as a home theatre projector for my exercise room so I can watch movies and tv while working out. My concern was that the room has a huge south-facing sliding glass door that takes direct sunlight through much of the day, and the wall I'm projecting onto is next to a hall with windows as well. So it is in a bright room with regular direct sunlight. I did not want to have to black-out or even put curtains on the windows.

The BenQ SH940 works perfectly, it is so bright that I can see it during a bright day and it looks incredible at night. I am projecting straight onto a wall without a screen, so as you can tell, my room is far from optimal for a projector. Nevertheless, my projector is excelling. I am glad that I spent the extra money to get the 940 over the other BenQ's that aren't as bright nor have as much of a contrast.

On a side-note, at the time of purchase, the comparative tables on Amazon that show the various BenQ projectors were not all accurate. It shows at this time that the SH910 has a 1:50,000 contrast ratio equivalent to the SH940. They both are 4000 lumes however. Basically this means that they will both be bright but the darks will be darker on the SH940, which is very noticeable.
on March 12, 2015
The BenQ SH940 projector offers a bright, high-quality—and high-resolution—data image, along with conveniences that include a 1.5x zoom lens and both vertical and horizontal lens shift.

PROS
+ 4,000-lumen rating.
+ 1,920 by 1,080 resolution.
+ Horizontal and vertical lens shift.
+ 1.5x zoom lens.
+ Good sound quality and volume.

CONS
- Rainbow artifacts and annoyingly obvious digital noise limit usefulness for video.

A good presentation projector, but due to rainbow would recommend this Epson for video and games also price: http://amzn.to/1MXZdKs
on February 22, 2015
Amazing brightness and color, wonderful picture in every application, worth every penny we spent!!!

Justin Krupa, Northstar Church, Panama City FL.
on February 19, 2015
JUST "AMAZING"!!! very Pleased with this product!!