Published on March 25, 2008 by W. Moseley

3.0 out of 5 stars Lately, need a scissors to open package
Published on May 17, 2012 by F&P

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for parents of children with life-threatening allergies, March 25, 2008
W. Moseley (St. Louis, MO) - See all my reviews
I have been waiting for something like this for a long time -- my child has a life-threatening peanut allergy. No matter where we go, we have to carry epi-pens, a bottle of Benadryl and the spoon/syringe to administer it. These will make things so much simpler -- we will be able to keep a single, pre-measured dose in every purse, backpack and car that we use -- and I won't have to fumble around trying to measure the correct dose when an allergic reaction happens and time is of the essence.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids with allergies, July 17, 2010
This review is from: Benadryl Children's Perfect Measure Pre-Filled Single Use Antihistamine Spoons, Cherry Flavored Liquid, 10-Count Spoons (Pack of 3)
I bought these for my daughter. Unfortunately, my grand kids inherited some allergies from me. She carries the vials in her purse, and they are great for quick responses to immediate problems. They are small and fit into purses or diaper bags, and the premeasured vials are great for a worried mother or grandmother who is in a hurry to help her child. No chance of overdose. I highly recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lately, need a scissors to open package, May 17, 2012
When I first bought these years ago, the wrapper containing the spoon was easy to open. But the last few times I bought them, I needed a scissors to open the wrapper - there was no slit or anything, and even my husband couldn't get them open with just his hands. Fortunately I was not in an emergency situation away from home when I discovered this. So now I make sure I "pre-snip" part of each wrapper or keep a scissors in my emergency medicine bag along with the Epi-pen and Benadryl.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good For Airline Flights, November 2, 2011
Robert Bruce (Arlington, VA USA) - See all my reviews
I usually experience an adverse reaction to the air in the cabin of most jets within an hour after takeoff. I found using a couple of these liquid Benadryl packs provides quick relief. They are easily to carry, use and dispose of. For me they are much faster acting than Benadryl tablets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very convenient and mess-free!!!, January 21, 2011
We are so glad we found these! It makes giving Benadryl so much easier. My husband doesn't have to remember how much to give our kids and we no longer have to worry about getting it all over since your child can just suck on it and squeeze (our 5-year old does it himself!). We even use this with our 16-month old. We tried using a spoon and dropper and we were not successful. Then we tried this (even though we thought he was too young) and it made it so easy and we didn't spill any! But with our 16-month old, *we* squirt little amounts of it into the side of his mouth. I highly recommend this! I wish other medicines like children't tylenol and motrin came in these pre-filled spoons!

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful idea. Perfect for travel., August 9, 2011
Nuknuk (Springfield, VA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
The Perfect Measure pre-filled spoon Benadryl is a wonderful idea. It is great for travel as you don't have to fumble for a measuring cup or a syringe, just throw a couple of these in your bag. Most of the times, the kids gets exposed to allergic reactions when they are away from the house. This usually happens during hiking or camping, or visiting friends where they serve foods that are new to them. Not only on food, my sons also have allergic reactions from bug bites where they get really swollen.

Our only issue is that drinking from it tends to take much longer than usual. The dispenser has a small hole and when they sip on it they can really taste the medicine which tastes not exactly candy-like.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Product Every Parent Should Consider, April 11, 2013
Let me start off by saying that no parent wants to give their children drugs, but when they're sick you need something reliable that will work. When my own child caught a really nasty cold at the age of 2, she wasn't able to sleep due to severe congestion. To make matters worse, she would cry because she felt so lousy. This made her even more congested. As a single parent, you have to get things done while taking care of your child. Unfortunately, I was traveling when she caught this nasty cold! There's nothing worse than a toddler with a cold flying in an airplane with all that pressure building up in her ears!

My pharmacist suggested I give this to her before getting on the airplane, and to keep a few doses handy for after the plane and until arriving at home. So, I did!

Honestly, I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't found this product. Within 30 minutes of giving my child this pre-measured dose of Benadryl, she was breathing comfortably and getting the rest that her body so desperately needed. I was elated, especially after being able to catch a quick nap after three days of my baby being sick.

If you're on the go a lot, or simply don't wish to mess around with droppers, measuring doses and medicine bottles, I highly recommend this product!

The only suggestion I would offer is to be sure that the pre-measured dose is the correct amount for your child. The bottle goes by weight/age. However, my child is very petite for her size, and falls under the half teaspoon dosage. However, after discussing with both her pediatrician and my pharmacist, it was agreed that it was safe to use at the pre-measured amount. It's always better to double check, especially when it comes to your child's safety.

Oh and feel free to purchase the store brand. The ingredients are identical, and the dosage is the same. I saved $3 buying the Walgreens brand.

I'm very happy with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very convenient!, November 13, 2011
Mom2TwinBoys (Columbia, SC USA) - See all my reviews
I bought some of these so I could keep a couple in the diaper bag at all times after my toddler was diagnosed with a peanut allergy. They are very easy and convenient to use and carry; highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally! No more spoons!, January 10, 2008
For those of us (you know who you are!) who have no idea how to use a spoon, this is a godsend. I mean, why fumble with awkward, reusable spoons, when you can use these handy pre-filled spoons for only 4x the price? This innovation also makes the product safe for people who confuse teaspoons with soup ladles, who constantly overdose their children.