|Item Weight||10.1 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||17.5 x 10.5 x 18 inches|
|California residents||Click here for Proposition 65 warning|
|Item model number||10-005|
|Discontinued by manufacturer||Yes|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $6.75 shipping
+ $5.04 shipping
Bench Dog 10-005 Feather-Loc Single Featherboard for Table Saws and Router Tables
|Price:||$17.63 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Multipurpose featherboard for holding the stock against the guide fence
- Unique miter gauge slot allows quick removal
- Easy set-up feature
- High tech polymer ensures it will maintain its original shape
- Advanced design means no marring to your workpiece
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The Feather-Loc has T-head bolts that slide into the machines miter-gauge slot. It also has a pair of adjustment slots and two large knobs that allow you to position the featherboard, and then securely lock it in place. Itll also fit most 3/8-inch by 3/4-inch T-slot track systems, like those used on the Bench Dog 40-006 ProFence or the 40-037 ProTop Complete Router Table System.
Consider buying more than one Feather-Loc Featherboard, since it can be used on virtually any tool with a miter-gauge slot, including a table saw, shaper, router table, and bandsaw. -- Joseph Truini
Top Customer Reviews
With the Blade Loc featherboards, they use the existing mitre slot of your table saw or router table (3/4" approx) for their grip. They have a tapered cut on a built in metal mitre track (that you can not see from the photograph) that the nut underneath mushrooms out, squeezing it against your mitre track.
Since those locking T-handles that you see are installed along a sliding groove (that you can see) you are able to slide-adjust the featherboard to meet with your workpiece. No far reaching clamps to deal with.
The feathering action is nice. They give in such a way as to make the grip as gentle or as tough as you want it. I find that with home made featherboards, that aspect is harder to control. If you cut the tongues too wide, or too thin, they can break. With the Bench Dog, they are more durable, never break, and are fully adjustable to the tension you want.
You can buy the mitre slot adapter, or style which is what I am talking about in this review. They also come with a T-nut style so you can use them in a track. That is simply a nut underneath that rides in your T-style track. They work even better than the mitre track method, which depending on your mitre track on your saw, may or may not grip as tightly as you would like, if it has even the slightest bit of oil, or waxy residue on the surface.
I must say that with either method, all in all a great piece of equipment. Handy, universal, and inexpensive considering how often you may get to use it.
1. The black plastic knobs that you use to tighten the featherboard in place capture onto a nut head. The largest problem with these featherboards is that it is easy to strip the black plastic knobs when they are tightened, allowing the plastic knob to turn freely on the captive bolt.
2. A better design would ensure a more positive capture into the miter track by having both black knobs works to lock the split aluminum bar into the miter slot, in this design only one of the knobs does this. Which BTW is the one that strips as above, since you have to tighten it enough to stop the featherboard sliding in the miter track.
3. The black plastic knobs are small and feel cheap, other commercial featherboards have larger knobs that are easier to tighten.
4. Also after using them for a while you've start to hate the non-parallel bolt slots that the featherboard slides around on. Most other commercial featherboards have parallel slots and these are easier to adjust.
Amazon has wooden featherboards and the Grip-tite model available, both are much better than these. Also Rockler makes a good $7 table saw featherboard that is a much better product.
Anyway, this is a good tool that in my opinion is slightly too expensive. If it were $19.99 or less I would give it five stars!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I couldn't be happier with this product. Did anchors firmly in place and keeps the product stable. It does exactly what it is supposed to.Published 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
This feather board doesn't fit my skill 3305 saw mitre slot. I can't dock any stars for this as I knew it was a possibility. I'm going to try the adapter and hope it fits. Read morePublished 13 months ago by edward m grier
This feather board is a must for all wood workers. This model has a hold down for the guides in your table saw or router. I tried it right away and it worked flawlessly. Read morePublished 14 months ago by wcopeland38
It doesn't fit my 5/8 track, but other than this it seems quality.Published 14 months ago by Coffeepot