5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for wood workers
Wasn't sure I would use these when I got them. I now use them every day especially for supporting boards up off the ground while I cut them to size using a circular saw. I just went and got another set yesterday as well for larger peices of wood for more support. They really do grip well especially if you have them on a slick surface like a painted garage floor. A+...
Published on November 11, 2010 by StrandedPirate

3.0 out of 5 stars Just okay
Published 24 months ago by P. Murphy

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for wood workers, November 11, 2010
This review is from: Bench Dog 10-035 Bench Cookie Work Grippers, 4-Pack (Tools & Home Improvement)

Don't buy them here though. Lowes has them for lower.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing but awesome!, March 1, 2010
J. Brooks (Nampa, Idaho United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
These cookies are just plain awesome and I can't believe that it took this long for a product like this to hit the market.

Use them for elevating your work piece off of the table so you can paint it, use your router on it, whatever you need. The no-slip base works awesomely on pretty much any and all material. Just make sure it's free of saw dust or any loose debris and they'll stay planted.

Rockler sells these as well and I must say that the blue ones they sell are much better looking then these, but obviously function the same (and are the same price).

If you are a serious woodworker, a novice, or even a beginner, these are a must have for anyone. Buy two packs and just go crazy!

Pros:
Securely holds and elevates your workpiece.
Cheap!
Take up very little space in your workshop.
Durable and well made.

Cons:
Orange and black color not all that pretty, LOL.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great!, March 15, 2010
I have a couple router mats that I've used for years before coming across these. I have a feeling the mats will be rolled up and stored in a cabinet now. These Bench Cookies give you the added benefit of height when routing a complete edge or plunge routing something out of the center of your work. I bought 2 sets so if I want to do some jig saw work I stack 2 on the corners and my work is elevated enough that I can work right over my workbench. The anti-slip surface works as well as my router mats. Something so simple that is so useful....wish I came up with the idea....

5.0 out of 5 stars Laptop Stand, December 22, 2010
I haven't used this product yet to keep wood steady when working on a project, but I did find a different use. Whenever I am working on my laptop I put all four of these down first so each corner of the computer is sitting on a "cookie". This makes it more comfortable to type and it keeps the laptop cool.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just okay, December 26, 2012
These are a knockoff of Rockler's bench cookies. I have a set of both and they work fine. The issues is that with any bench type cookie or even friction mat is that you are generally working in a high dust, wood shaving/particle environment. When dust and particles get attached to the "no slip" surface they loose their effectiveness. I really haven't found a good way to clean them thoroughly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bench Cookies, December 16, 2010
the wumpus (Cambridge, MA United States) - See all my reviews
Yep, they're simple and work great--I wonder sometimes why I never made anything like them myself. Now, though, they're cheap enough that it's not worth the time to do so.
I bought them on impulse, but these rapidly became one of the most-used items in my shop. Having enough relief--and enough vibration-damping--to hold pieces for the router is particularly useful, since they're always at hand, saving a step of setup.

5.0 out of 5 stars Doggone Good, March 21, 2010
I'm making some cabinets and could find nothing to hold the face frame parts in place. These things work great to sand the individual parts or the whole frame. Also great spacers for staining & finishing (just put one of my used sanding disks underneath to protect them from finish/stain).

Highly recommended ~ considering purchasing another set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why Didn't I Think of That?, September 17, 2010
This is an absolutely amazing product that is indispensable for anyone who works with wood! No more clamping down objects you are tying to sand then having to sand around the clamps or constantly move the clamps. Also allows you to work the edges of a piece if need be. I am going to order eight more of these for my shop.

5.0 out of 5 stars shipping and tax free alternative to Rockler cookies, March 12, 2010
Jason Wagner (Philadelphia Suburbs) - See all my reviews
I've wanted a set of these cookies from Rockler since they came out. I just never wanted to pay shipping and tax on a $12 item. I don't order from Rockler much because of the shipping, tax and usually the prices can't beat Amazon's. Back to the cookies...I am happy with the purchase. They're very grippy. They're smaller and thinner than I was picturing and I think that's a good thing. Who cares about the color? I have several Bench Dog products and have been pleased overall (other than their feather board). These do what they're intended to do and I'm satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars No skid., May 29, 2010
I haven't used these bench cookies that I bought,but I have used the ones that my son has and they work very well. That is why I bought these for myself.
Make sure you put them on a clean surface.

Bench Dog 10-035 Bench Cookie Work Grippers, 4-Pack
$18.94 $11.16
In stock. Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.