Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on October 8, 2013
Very good! Skinned a couple of a hogs and it is still sharp. I would have had to sharpen my old knife in the middle of skinning one hog. Gut hook works great. Handle looks kind of small, but it is great in the hand.
on December 18, 2013
The is a razor sharp heavy duty knife.
It's is a little smaller than I expected, but even with my huge hands it fits well.

The ad does not mention it , but it does come with a Leather sheath.
on January 20, 2014
Excellent knife! Solid and beautiful construction, with the D2 steel blade and gut hook. I bought this knife for deer hunting later this year in Minnesota.
on January 15, 2014
The best knife for processing a deer. And hold a edge for a very long time. Benchmade is best knife on the planet.
on December 30, 2013
This is the best knife I've ever used to skin a deer.
It is also the most expensive ~$100. I cleaned 2 deer the first time I used it. It was just as sharp as when I started. It has a nice weight. Its easy to clean. The gut hook seems to work better than any other I've used - not sure why.
on November 8, 2014
This knife is exactly what you expect from Benchmade. If you have never had one of their knives, this thing is razor sharp, holds an edge, and has a clean finsh. I only wish the sheath would be kydex instead of leather.
on June 26, 2011
This knife is amazing! I love the large blade with the gut hook along the back. It has some weight which is nice and you can see the full tang of the blade.

I haven't been able to take this knife hunting yet but the gut hook is so useful for other things.
0Comment2 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 18, 2013
Benchrest of course is a quality blade. I wouldn't say top of the line, because of course it don't use s30v or s35v steel, but D2 is still real good steel, and being i picked this one up for $92 i really can't complain. The Blade is very sharp and seems to hold an edge pretty well, in fact i was just skinning some squirrel today and cutting through leg bones pretty easily, and it still held an egde through several more squirrels. D2 steel is known for its hardness and corrosion resistance. So this is perfect for skinning animals. I Give it a four because although i love the handle style with the index finger groove, the ribblets, and the metal ridges through the edges of the handle. Its increadibly small grip. I have pretty small hands and I grip this thing with my thumb touching my middle finger kuckles. I wish it would had a bit more girth to it, other then that i love everything about this knife and would recommend to a friend.
on July 14, 2013
Benchmade #15010 is the Fixed Blade with Gut Hook: [...]
Benchmade #15000 is the Fixed Blade Caper: [...]
Benchmade #15005 is the Fixed Blade Skinner: [...]

The description on this product is confusing as there is no Caper with a gut hook. Also, the picture is a skinner blade not a caper blade.

Please correct the description/picture/model# to reflect the appropriate product. If it is the pictured product then it is the #15010.
0Comment1 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse