4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good results

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice track, cheap fixtures, useless hooks
Published on February 4, 2011 by Rebecca Howe

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good results, September 1, 2010
This review is from: Bendable Shower Curtain Rod, Chrome Finish
My tub/shower is upstairs with a very steeply slanted ceiling so I was unable to use a standard shower rod. I was able to form this rod to conform to the restrictions of the room. The rod is formed by two aluminum extrusions around a flexible plastic center. Almost all of the fittings are plastic (that's why it is so cheap.) The rod bent easily- I used my knee- and has a lot of flexibility for alignment. The installation and instructions are NOT for a first time, inexperienced installer. I used power drills, hacksaw, level, etc. Install took about 2 hours and I am satisfied with the results, but I am not hopeful about its longevity because of the plastic fittings, slides, and hangers (happily you get 2 sets of hangers.)

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice track, cheap fixtures, useless hooks, February 4, 2011
This review is from: Bendable Shower Curtain Rod, Chrome Finish
I read through the other reviews before buying and it sounded like a bit of a gamble as far as real usability. It turned out that they were right on. The track is a nice aluminum with a bendable plastic support in the middle. The two ceiling support rods and end brackets are junk plastic and the ceiling support is only 20" so I hope you don't live in a nice house with a high ceiling. I had to build supports out of dowels and they actually look much nicer than the plastic rods that come with the kit.

The real problem is the hooks though. They grab and catch and don't slide. They are so cheap that it makes it seem like it's actually a toy. I've seen model airplane parts with more durable construction. They are really useless and a huge disappointment. Figure out how you will attach a curtain to this without the use of these useless hooks BEFORE you buy this rod or you will be frustrated and let down with the final product. I'm going to try a few other options and I'm satisfied with the rod which is one of only a few that fit non-standard spaces.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bendable Shower Curtain Rod, Chrome Finish, January 27, 2011
Andy Tsang (San Jose, CA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bendable Shower Curtain Rod, Chrome Finish
We are no handyman. Our contractor installed it. It fits nicely with our custom shower pan. The curtain rail allows us to roll curtain all the way. Otherwise, having supporting mount, curtain would only roll up to the mount. The look exceeds our expectation. The only disappointment is the curtain hooks are cheap plastic that we are not sure how it hold up in long term.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a nice and usefull curtain rod., October 23, 2013
This review is from: Bendable Shower Curtain Rod, Chrome Finish
I had this already for about 1 year and is still going strong. I just used the top of my knee to make the bends. the chrome looks a lot nicer than the white one. I also purchased the white one for another rental and it was my trial and error one. For the second install I knew better to just use two sections out of the three it comes with, taking into count where the seems where going to be, they happened to be on the right place where the vertical support rod goes, this install was for a neo shower 19inX25inX19. I dont have the pictures right now but I will soon.

fist complain I have is that the vertical support rods should be longer, maybe 3-5 inches, On both of the showers I installed,I had to put a piece of wood as a spacer, my showers are not that high, I would say maybe 7-9 feet high not sure exactly right now. The piece of wood was about 2 inches.

They give you plenty of plastic hooks including replacements, they are plastic, which is ok because you should only be hanging curtains.

They should include some grease or something, it makes everything so much better.after installation,

This rod is cheaper than other tube rods, but I think it is still overpriced if they dont give you better hooks, instructions with drawings or some tension clamps to keep the form of the rails together, I used paper clips to maintain the rail forms to prevent the books from falling out on the curves. good luck

4.0 out of 5 stars Good price, OK construction quality for the money, solved a tricky bathroom space problem, December 31, 2012
Sean W. Franklin (Eureka Springs, AR) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bendable Shower Curtain Rod, Chrome Finish
The house we rented had a very strange corner shower stall, and the landlord had muscled in one of those curved shower rods that's meant for a regular tub - but the curvature didn't fit the stall properly, leaving too little room inside an already-small shower. Being a rental I obviously didn't want to spend a lot of money to improve on this situation, and this product fit the bill very well.

This rod did the job just fine. It took some fiddling with a needle file to get the curtain to draw smoothly across the joint between the two sections I used (it comes with 3 sections but I didn't need it to be that long). The clips are not very beefy, but I had both a curtain & liner on each one and in a year only broke one clip. Lots of spares were included.

The only real complaint I have is that the ceiling supports assume you have 8' ceilings. With a 9' ceiling I had to fashion an extension for the rod, and it's not a common tubing size so that took a little bit of creative engineering. There's plenty of room in the box to make those rods longer, or provide a couple extra rods and some end-to-end couplers.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good idea, cheaply made, October 27, 2014
This review is from: Bendable Shower Curtain Rod, Chrome Finish
Great idea for a product. Needed a rod for my 32x32 corner shower and this was the only product I could find to fit. It went up easy enough with some bending and sawing. Like other reviews, the shower hooks and hardware are cheap plastic and I cannot imagine them holding up well. Luckily, this is for a guest bath that probably gets less than 6 uses a year. Would not be good for everyday use

5.0 out of 5 stars Missing instructions, July 4, 2012
This review is from: Bendable Shower Curtain Rod, Chrome Finish
I love this rod; it worked perfect for my project. The big problem was the lack of instructions which made the assembling very difficult. I gave it five stars because the product itself is great, just be prepare to be able to figure out how to assemble and install it because you are on your own.Bendable Shower Curtain Rod, Chrome Finish

4.0 out of 5 stars Bendable Shower Curtain Rod Review, March 13, 2011
This review is from: Bendable Shower Curtain Rod, Chrome Finish
The rod was sturdier than I thought it would be, and it was fairly easy to install. The directions could be improved somewhat. Be careful not to cut rod too short; ie rig up mockup before cutting. Plastic current hangers are too flimsy, but should last a long time with care as the curtain hangers slide easily in the slot in the rod.

4.0 out of 5 stars Flexible product for odd shaped shower enclosures, March 24, 2011
This review is from: Bendable Shower Curtain Rod, Chrome Finish
The shower curtain rod took some effort to install on the tiled walls but at the end this was the best product we could find within our budget for our neo-angle shower stall

4.0 out of 5 stars does the job, March 18, 2013
This review is from: Bendable Shower Curtain Rod, Chrome Finish
if you have an odd shaped shower...this is the one for you....maybe the only real solution. Overall construction is good and should be solid assuming you can get the downrod supports into a stud....they will likely pull out if you just mount them into the drywall ceiling (that's not the products fault). My only worry are the plastic slides for the shower curtains...they look like they could be the weak link but time will tell...no call backs yet.

all in all...this is the second one I've bought for two different remodels and I'll buy another if I have another odd shaped shower.

Bendable Shower Curtain Rod, Chrome Finish