4.0 out of 5 stars YOU NEED A HUG
Published on April 8, 2012 by The Movie Guy

Published on April 10, 2012 by D.P.

3.0 out of 5 stars An EDGE-y Cop With A Straight Laced Lawyer Looking For A "Hawk", April 10, 2012
D.P. (California) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Bending the Rules (DVD)
Nick Blades (Adam "Edge" Copeland) is a New Orleans Detective currently being trial for corruption against Assistant District Attorney Theo Gold (Jamie Kennedy). On the way to court, he arrest a man named Gil (Kevin Weisman) who was holding on strongly to a newspaper before taking it from him & putting him in the custody of Officer Garcia (Jennifer Esposito) & bumps into his favorite actress Lena Gold (Jessica Walter) in the hallway not knowing that her son is the lawyer trying to put him in jail. Theo isn't have the best of luck either as his wife Kelly (Elena Lyons) has threatened to leave him & take the kids with her, has his father's (Philip Baker Hall) car stolen from his house, and gets no assistance & harassment from the police due to him having a fellow officer on trial. Due to a string of incidents happening to both men that connected them together, they become unlikely partners in order for both men to get what they want but they must deal with masked kidnappers, a Police Meter Man who's actually a mob hitman, and figuring out who is behind the criminal plot both men fell into...if they can get along long enough with Theo always trying to play by the book while Nick doesn't mind bending a rule or two to get results.

This is a movie that catered directly to Edge's personality as being a cop who has a sarcastic personality but also smart & actually plays off Jamie Kennedy playing the straight man. It had it's comedic moments while having a plot easy enough to understand with the only thing negative I have to say is that it's very short (a little over 80 minutes) but I enjoyed it so at least give it look at.

4.0 out of 5 stars YOU NEED A HUG, April 8, 2012
This review is from: Bending the Rules (DVD)
First the disclaimers: I am not a fan of the WWE nor do I normally watch any of their productions outside of Steve Austin films and a few with that Piper guy. The only reason I got this film was that it was at the local flee market and I needed a fourth film to complete my 4 for $10 and had a choice between this or another copy of "Hunger Games" with Russian subtitles. It is with extreme reluctance and prejudice that I popped this film into my DVD, hoping it would not play and I could return it next week for something better.

Adam "Edge" Copeland stars as Nick Blades, an unorthodox plains clothes New Orleans detective with a gag name. He is on trial for corruption and is up against Theo Gold (Jamie Kennedy) the assistant DA. Theo is dedicated, uncharismatic, and disliked by nearly everyone including his family. There are a number of odd things going on and about midway through the film the plot is explained to us by under an utilized Pruitt Taylor Vince in a doughnut shop.

There were some LOL moments such as when Blades talks to a young girl sitting on her doorstep. Then there were very slow scenes involving Gold's father. It was a decent second tier comedy/action/cop drama that had the feel of a television pilot. They could have cast better than Jamie Kennedy who did a lame job playing a lame guy. Good sound track.

No f-bombs, sex, or nudity

3.0 out of 5 stars A surprising movie starring a wrestler that isn't actually that bad. Not good, but not bad. Made me laugh. I say B, March 25, 2012
Tony Heck (Belgrade, MT USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bending the Rules (DVD)
"In one week Willy Bieber gets his just punishment because I refused to compromise." Detective Nick Blades (Edge) is on trial for corruption and Assistant DA Gold (Kennedy) is the one prosecuting him. After a mistrial occurs and Gold's car is stolen it is up to the two adversaries to work together to solve the crime that gets increasingly more sinister. Yet another movie starring a wrestler. I will have to admit that this is one of the better ones and at least they realize that it is hard to make a serious movie with one. While this boils down to just another buddy movie it is actually not that bad and kind of entertaining. There is enough comedy in this to keep you watching and even though this is fairly predictable it is still very much worth a watch. Fans of wrestler movies will love this, everyone else will enjoy this. At least I did. Overall, much better then the recent wrestler movies. I kinda liked it. I give it a B.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 12, 2014
love it

5.0 out of 5 stars would buy again, May 8, 2014
This review is from: Bending the Rules (DVD)
This is a very funny show. Seems a little corney but then so are the dummer and dummer movies. This one is better than that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get it and have fun, April 29, 2014
This review is from: Bending the Rules (DVD)
I was sooooo entertained. What a fun movie. let me explain....don't expect academy awards here but do expect lots of fun. Jamie kennedy as a stiff-necked District Attorney who is prsecuting Adam Copeland (wrestling's Edge) for being a "bad" cop. yes he has taken a few liberties with his duties but he is a good cop, nonetheless. Now there 2 need to work together and solve a case. Jamie is funny and has to finally give in to the charms of Edge who is funny and so charming. I originally got this movie because I seem to enjoy many of these movies that wrestlers get into, no sure why I do but I'm 80% loving them. This movie Jamie is so good but the movie is stolen by Adam Copeland....Edge. He gives such a sweet and charming performance....I'm a huge fan, not of wrestling but of his. (And I'm not at all into wrestling!) BTW loved the entire cast, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad to see this movie., December 27, 2013
FUFUPAME (CHICAGO, ILLINOIS) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bending the Rules (DVD)
I am glad I saw this movie and I am glad that Jamie is getting his mojo back. Jamie is terrific in this movie. The movie is very entertaining and it gets better as it goes along. SPOILER ALERT - Pretty soon, the bad guys are not after cars but after people! the twist is great. All in all, this movie rocks!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great purchase. I strongly suggest any one to buy this. Well worth the money for this product., December 5, 2013
This review is from: Bending the Rules [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bending the rules, October 4, 2013
This review is from: Bending the Rules (DVD)
The person I got this for was very happy and pleased with the time I received it in. They watched it and no problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this movie!, September 18, 2013
This review is from: Bending the Rules (DVD)
Adam Copeland, AKA WWE Superstar Edge, is one of my family's favorite and this movie is hilarious. It's a lot of fun. Both of my daughters have a copy, now!

Bending the Rules [Blu-ray]
Bending the Rules [Blu-ray] by Kennedy (Blu-ray - 2012)
$29.95 $23.10