5.0 out of 5 stars Glorious rock and roll noise! A GREAT freakin' record!, August 19, 2014
This review is from: Benjamin Booker (Audio CD)
In a year when almost every rock band has either wimped out or become a parody of itself, it is refreshing and exciting to hear a record full of such glorious rock and roll noise. I'm almost not sure what to call this, perhaps punk blues, but the songs are grand anthems, owing as much to the great Minneapolis bands of the 80s (Replacements, Hüsker Dü) as to the classic blues of Son House. Want a sample, start with "Old Hearts" and "By The Evening" (listen to the end of each track). If you're not sold on his voice, his songwriting, the raw and gorgeous way he lays his soul out there on every vocal phrase, and way he bends his guitar into submission, the way he makes it bleed, than I'm not sure what to say. But to me this is what rock and roll is supposed to sound like. A great freakin' record!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Debut, August 27, 2014
I first saw/heard Benjamin Booker as the musical guest on Conan. I was intrigued by what I heard so I purchased the album. Every track on this record is great and it needs to be heard uninterrupted from start to finish. This is a very strong Album of the Year contender.

5.0 out of 5 stars I heard this CD played and reviewed on NPR's "Fresh Air" and I came here to listen to samples and in both instances was blown aw, August 22, 2014
This review is from: Benjamin Booker (Audio CD)
I'm here to buy! I heard this CD played and reviewed on NPR's "Fresh Air" and I came here to listen to samples and in both instances was blown away by the most excellent rock and roll guitar playin' and drummin' and ohmygoodness great rockin' music! Now here at long last a "newcomer" to make us rejoice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cd and very talented young singer!, August 22, 2014
This review is from: Benjamin Booker (Audio CD)
I LOVE this cd. It's mellow and bluesy and trippy all at the same time. This is my fourth time listening to this album.HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic album. Its not all fast paced, September 16, 2014
This review is from: Benjamin Booker (Vinyl)
Fantastic album. Its not all fast paced, but the slow quite songs are just as good. If you're looking for something new, give it a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, August 29, 2014
Great record! Finally a fresh sound from a very talented individual. Hope to hear more in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, September 5, 2014
Great new music with a great old sound !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 13, 2014
Great album, rock blue genius

Benjamin Booker
Benjamin Booker by Benjamin Booker (Audio CD - 2014)
Rate and Discover Movies