5.0 out of 5 stars Ben Franklin
One of our funniest, smartest founding fathers. Old Ben had it all figured out and loved his women and a fast life style after flying his kite.
Published on January 20, 2012 by Alan Freebie

3.0 out of 5 stars Ben Franklin -- Wit and Wisdom
Actually, I ordered this little book by mistake -- it was a different Ben Franklin book that I was looking for. But it was a happy mistake, because I am enjoying it immensely. I keep it on my coffee table with the "big books," and my guests can pick it up and peruse quickly, and I can cite his wonderful remarks for a wide variety of occasions.
Published 23 months ago by Marialivia

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Ben Franklin -- Wit and Wisdom, January 30, 2013
This review is from: Benjamin Franklin Wit and Wisdom (Americana Pocket Gift Editions) (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ben Franklin, January 20, 2012
Alan Freebie "LHA" (USA, La Quinta, CA) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps you warm twice, November 2, 2011
It is a nice compact edition of some of Benjamin Franklin's choice quotes. Always nice to keep in pocket when you need to say something profound. Takes up just a little more space than the currency featuring his portrait. It is often said that time is money, but this book is worth your time but a little overpriced...

3.0 out of 5 stars A little short!, February 20, 2013
Booky (Toronto, ON) - See all my reviews
I love reading the numerous wise words of Ben Franklin and hoped this book would be a great collection of his writings. Unfortunately, the book only lasted 30 minutes. The content was enjoyable however, the layout a little different. For the price though, one wise quote taken away justifies the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book, October 30, 2013
This book was stunningly witty, wise, and, believe it or not, instructive. It reads like Proverbs if Proverbs were written today. Benjamin Franklin speaks across the centuries.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, but a surprise, December 12, 2013
This tiny book was not what I expected. It was in good shape, but such a small volume. It arrived in good shape.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Practical Genius, January 11, 2014
This is a beautiful little book which carries easily in hand or pocket. Makes a wonderful gift, but, I kept it!.

5.0 out of 5 stars Man of Wisdom, March 12, 2013
Wonderful to have practical proverbs from a great American handy on my Kindle. Advice and humor at a moment's notice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Wisdom and Remarkable Insight is shared to all willing ..., November 29, 2014
JimGaming "JimGaming" (Huntington Beach, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Amazing Wisdom and Remarkable Insight is shared to all willing to accept it! Benjamin Franklin was a leading scientist of his day, a very successful business owner, and the leading diplomat to France during the Revolutionary War. While in France, the greatest scientist in Europe came to him to discuss scientific theories of his day. He invented the Lightning Rod to prevent wooden ships of his day from catching fire, also the pot belly stove to allow cooking inside without carbon monoxide killing those gathered around, and he released his patents for use by all - without asking for a royalty.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Kindle service was continually interupted and had to be ..., July 15, 2014
The Kindle service was continually interupted and had to be rebooted. I am not going to try another book.
I have'nt had this problem with GOOGLE BOOKS.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Benjamin Franklin Wit and Wisdom (Americana Pocket Gift Editions)
Benjamin Franklin Wit and Wisdom (Americana Pocket Gift Editions) by Benjamin Franklin (Hardcover - April 1, 1998)
$4.95