5.0 out of 5 stars "Groups of One"
If you don't want to spend what it would cost for a so-so used car, this is where to put your bucks.

I have tested and used this rifle over the course of thousands of shots, and I'm still impressed. The bench-rest tests sound phonied-up, but believe me (or bet me), they're not: 90 feet, 5/16" group (center-to-center) of ten rounds. Repeatable.

This...
Published on March 28, 2010 by MeteorMagnet

3.0 out of 5 stars An Okay Rifle for Hunting and Plinking
The Marauder is not a bargain basement PCP, but it is moderately priced. And you get quite a bit for the money. Things I liked: Fit and finish, trigger (with a bit of polishing and lubricant it can be match quality), noise to power ratio, and potential for customization with lots of aftermarket parts. Things not so great: Power (in .22 caliber) was not that...
Published 16 months ago by S. Comer

5.0 out of 5 stars "Groups of One", March 28, 2010

This is with Crosman Pointed 14.3gr pellets. (I've tested those, too, with a .01gr scale, and it's not worth sorting the lot out --- they're very, very consistent, with statistical outliers that don't really bear too much notice.)

I believe (this is based on my experience) that the combination of the pellets' skirt thickness and alloy, combined with Crosman/Benjamin's barrel choking, yield those results. Beemans and JSBs fall into the same category, with variations that were minor in my setup. RWS, however, have thicker skirts and are (IMHO) more likely to disappoint in this rifle. I would also advise against the Gamo 22gr ... not strictly because of their weight (this gun can certanly push them), but because of their length. I might've been able to throw them into a tighter group.

Bottom line: This is one fine air rifle, right out of the box. The manual describes a variety of tuning procedures, and, if you know what you're doing, you can make this thing sing. The trigger can be tuned to preference. Put any optics on that you feel you can afford --- the rifle will do them justice (within air rifle limits, of course). There's no recoil (reverse or otherwise), so a couple of hundred dollars or so of optics won't get trashed. I've had several scopes on this, and am currently using a Leapers UTG "BugBuster" 3-9x Compact. The reason I'm mentioning the optic is that you will be shooting at a wider spread of distances, and having an adjustable objective is crucial. Simply having a great scope with a parallax set to 50 or 100 yards will not help you at 10 or 15 yards. The "Buster" can give you clear focus (and parallax) down to three yards. The gun is a bit heavy. If you feel more comfortable with a full-size optic, go for it, but you'll wind up with a 10-lb air gun. I think you'll find the balance is a little odd that way, unless you're rest shooting all the time.

If this sounds crazy, consider the application, outside of paper targets and plinking. This rifle is a wildly superb pest eliminator. Once properly set up, it "owns" an effective radius that will surprise you. And the pests.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a flat out knock down rifle, September 14, 2011
This review is from: Crosman Benjamin Marauder Air Rifle (Sports)
I will start by saying this is the third in my collection. I have the .177 the .22 and now the .25 I am so impressed with this rifle I had to have all of them.
Benjamin/crosman Is a fantastic company with great product support, I mated the rifles all with leapers scopes.
The .177 is my boys he shots 10 round groups the size of a dime at 35 yards
The .22 is my target/small game rifle.
The .25 is for the raccoons and the coyotes that like to come around This rifle with the gamo rockets are the absolute knock out punch ( one shot in the fuse box and down they go not even a twitch.
The rifles are some of the most accurate I have ever fired you will be very pleased with this rifle.
1. easy fill I have a high pressure scuba tank 4350 psi i get about 42 full fills. I can get 3 clips per fill on average The .25 just 2 plus the .25 is 8 shot not ten, That is a very large pellet to push

2 the rifle has a pressure gauge and a rear air dump so you can empty out all of the air before storage.

3 The stock looks great the gun looks over all very rich.

4 The price WOW it is only 450 on amazon for this rifle the quality and the fit and finish is great.
edgun is 1650 try and get parts or support for it. so all of my guns with scopes cost less than one edgun. I will shot just as accurate as it will and when i need a clip it is only 12.99 not 70.00 and 3 weeks shipping

5 The shrouded barrel is so quite you cant tell the rifle even fires. There is no recoil at all no shock at all so you can really put your nice scopes on it and not worry about the shock.

I cant say enough about this fantastic rifle JUST GREAT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value, bane of the rabbits, March 24, 2010
Accurate, silent and deadly, as you would expect from a PCP rifle. The amazing thing about this technology is the lack of recoil and smooth operation even with heavy ammo in .22 caliber. The fit and finish are first class and it even comes with fixtures for a shoulder strap, which few airguns have and proves invaluable if you like to hunt outdoors over distances, as this is a full size/weight gun.
The bolt mechanism and 10 round mag are one of the killer features of this rifle, specially if you had a single load equivalent with a big scope (you need alien fingers to reload). Accuracy is excellent, seeing concentrations the size of a penny at 20 yards.
Construction is solid and well thought out. The shroud over the barrel makes it look like a 0.50 buffalo rifle, which I like a lot! Pressure manometer is a nice touch, as is the screw on end cover for the air intake valve.
I would improve the design and quality of the trigger, as it seems to come from an ordinary airgun, ditto for the very practical safety lock (a second forward mounted trigger).
Net, it works, feels and looks like a rifle twice its price, or more. I recommend highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Marauder pcp .22, August 16, 2009
Great rifle, accurate, very quiet, a bit heavy if you install a good scope, air hungry, 20 shot (powerfull ones) and i need to refill again from 1000 to 2000lbs, lot of pumping, (about 70 to 80 strokes) make me tired very quickly, so if they offer a elecrical pump in the future i will buy it!!! make this pcp perfect....
Like Crosman Premier's hollow-point...
Benjamin have great products..

5.0 out of 5 stars The best air rifle, July 6, 2011
I have more than 10 different air guns and so far Benjamin Marauder rifle is absolutely the best. It is amazingly accurate, very quiet and very powerful. The gun looks beautiful and not so heavy. It does not come with an air or CO2 adapter so you have to buy separately. Amazon has the lowest price.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME GUN, August 12, 2012
I LOVE THIS GUN. . It works wonderfully. It's very accurate and powerful. There's no comparison between this and my gas piston or spring break barrel rifles. I normally shoot 30 meters out and shatter marbles as my targets!!! I did buy scuba tanks because I got tied of pumping it after 50 good shots. It can shoot more but accuracy and power goes down. The scuba tanks are a must have!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Gun!, April 16, 2013
This review is from: Crosman Benjamin Marauder Air Rifle (Sports)
Very nice product. Extremely consistent well-grouped shots. Sighting in at 25 yards. I shoot 8 shots and only see 5-6 holes with each clip, realizing that 2-3 go through the same hole. This is a very well produced gun. Everything about it is first class. Pumped it up with the Benjamin hand pump to 3K PSI. Getting 3 clips of 8 shots (24) per pump from 3000 to 2000 PSI. What a nice gun!

Update: 6-10-2013- After about 100 shots it would not hold pressure when hand-pump bleed valve was opened. It was a lot of work pumping only to just bleed off. Not sure why??? Returned rifle to Crosman for repair. They sent me a brand new gun in an unopened box and a can of pellets for free. I'm working on sighting it in now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, March 26, 2012
This review is from: Crosman Benjamin Marauder Air Rifle (Sports)
Made in USA. Extremely quiet--I could drop a coin and make more noise.
Accurate-at 50yds I was hitting a quarter size bullseye.
Excellent workmanship.
I would recommend to anyone needing this type of product.
5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing how quiet it is., February 19, 2012
I still can not believe at quiet yet powerful this is? I could easily shoot this in my back yard with my neighbor not knowing I was shooting it. I had about 2 1/2 inches of folded card board boxes and it had no problem going through them. Can't wait for spring to get it outside for some long shots. I have never had a PCP before only spring air. The PCP is way more superior. I get easily 60+ shots from one fill. I have read of some people with some mods getting 120+ shots per fill.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding rifle!, March 16, 2012
Right out of the box this is quiet and dead on.I've only put 2 mags through since I purchased it. I fill to about 2500psi(fuller the tank the quieter it is).
Note: Polymags won't fit the mag unless you machine it a bit or order ones.