Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Benoit/Freeman Project
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

on November 29, 1998
Smooth and cool jazz from Freeman and Benoit. It's like the Rippington's with less brass and percussion more keys and vocals. Pleasant and rewarding marriage of guitar and piano styling.
on June 25, 1999
Heard this album just three months ago, and could not believe what I had been missing. Both artists are so very talented in their respective fields, and putting them together was sheer genius. The track"It's The Thought That Counts" is especially intriguing---alot of Freeman's guitar is so reminiscent of Antonio Carlos Jobim's style, and that is a real good thing. Jobim was a great favorite of mine. All musicians involved with this project[no pun intended], are very talented and from start to finish, it sounds like everyone was not only working hard, but enjoying themselves. I would not have known about this album if it were not for our great jazz station WHRL in Albany, N.Y. I have this "Project" on CD and cassette so that I have this magical music whever I go.
on July 29, 2015
From Mr Benoit's continually productive late 80s early 90s period, this is one of the better 'collaborative recordings' of this period, though I don't rank it up there with his 2-3 'best of breed' recordings from 90-93. Also top notch are the two most well known/popular 'Best Hits' recordings; one issued in the 80s, the latter one issued in the early 90s, I believe. Both are superb compendiums of his 'best' tunes/compositions. Without a doubt, Mr. Benoit is one of the very best Jazz or 'non-jazz' keyboard Composers of his generation and of the late 70s thru 2015 (so far). I have to rate his most melodic/orchestral/smooth-Jazz recordings from the early 90s as my favorites, and clearly the 'most moving & upbeat' tunes of his long career.

singer2
on June 27, 2016
TOP NOTCH !!!
No matter that this is over 20 years old - it's still fresh.
Mature , sophisticated stylings from two BIG names in contemporary jazz.
And some surprising vocals, too.
Get it !
on August 22, 2013
This cd produced in 1994 gives us an idea of the high quality of these two great interpreters of jazz such as Russ Freeman guitarist and pianist David Benoit, exclusive artists from legendary label GRP.
This production is excellent arrangements and a great sound. Fantastic interpretation of the famous theme of David Foster ' After the Love Has Gone', singer Phil Perry ... extraordinary and the theme of 'Smartypants' .. An excellent cd.
on February 20, 2009
There's not much I can say because the OTHER reviews say it all except... the musicians!
Which are DAVID BENOIT piano; RUSS FREEMAN guitars, synths, percussion, bass; with KENNY LOGGINS, ANJANI THOMAS, STEVEN GEORGE, VESTA, PHIL PERRY, vocals; NATHAN EAST, ABE LABORIEL, bass; JOHN ROBINSON, TONY MORALES, MIKE BAIRD, drums; JERRY HEY, DAN HIGGINS, GARY GRANT, horns; STEVE REID percussion; orchestra conducted by DAVID BENOIT.
on June 9, 2008
Not sure how it happened but this album got by me until recently I caught a tune from this CD on Sat. Radio and then had to do some serious research to track it down. Boy was it worth the effort. What drew me in was "When She Believed In Me" with Kenny Loggins singing the vocal part. AWESOME SONG and Kenny really does it justice (as always). But when I bought the CD and heard the rest of the tunes it quickly became one of my favorite smooth jazz choices. Benoit and Freeman are an excellent combination plus the CD is filled with many other GREAT jazz session players. How 'bout a 2010 version boys? Can't wait. This is truly....BlueJazz!!!
on January 4, 2012
This is possibly the greatest single cool jazz disc of all time. Freeman and Benoit fit together like they were born to it. There's a nice variety of music on this disc, yet it stands together as a wonderfully coherent whole. The opeining track alone is worth the price of the disc. Although I've never been a big Kenny Loggins fan, his voice and delivery fit perfectly with the second song (one of two tracks with vocals). Although credited to Freeman, "Swept Away" feels like it could have sat as one of the better tracks on any early Benoit disc. The very hip "Smartypants" will have you tapping your foot and humming long after the song is over. In all, 10 cuts and not a single dog or bit of filler--stellar from start to finish.
on September 24, 2006
Being a road warrior, I have the time to listen to music, and this album I hear every 5 moths or so. Its so good, there is not a fault, a disonance of any kind, yet it has depth as well as melody.

If you are selective and only look for that music you will keep forever, this is an album you cannot let go by.

BTW- I din't know Kenny logging could be so good on the 2nd song.
on January 6, 2009
This is one of my all time favorites that I listen to more than any other album in my collection. The song featuring Kenny Loggins, "When She Belived in Me," is outstanding. I had read an article shortly after this was released that they put a great deal of effort into this track really pushing each other...especially Kenny. Everyone that I play this album for loves it. Recommend Highly!