Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Benriner Wide-Body Large Slicer” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 70% off the $87.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Benriner Wide-Body Large Slicer
|Price:||$31.88 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$56.11 (64%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 4 different stainless steel blades make the Benriner slicer great for all types of produce and various types of slices
- Safety device included to protect fingers from blade
- Double edged blade can cut in either direction. Wider design allows for slicing of larger produce
- Easy adjustment for thickness of cut
- Made in Japan
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Style Name: Wide
Top Customer Reviews
Two drawbacks though:
1. The safety guard is a joke. It doesn't hold the veggies very well and is a pain to use effectively...which means I usually don't use it. I've cut my fingers on this mandolin twice now, which isn't bad for two years of regular useage, but I don't like the sight of blood so I'll leave it as a major detractor. Luckily for me, I cut myself on the julienne part and not the actual wide slicer. In other words, my finger meat was left shredded but intact. Whew!
2. The metal parts rust. Yep. They rust. Hence the reason I am now shopping around for another slicer. Don't know yet if I'll get another Benriner. Might look into the Bohn.
Apparently Benriner realized the metal parts rusted because their mandolins now come with plastic screws to hold the julienne blades in place and to adjust the thickness level.
I have a Bron stainless steel mandoline, whcih costs well over $100 more but the Benriner is what I turn to again and again.
I buy these by the case from quickspice and sell them to friends.
One note. Alway, always, always where a glove. Mandolins are famous for slicing fingers. i use the blue rubber coated ones, again, you could spend more for one designed for cut protection but I find the blue rubber coated gloves to work just fine.
At this moment I would like to warn potential buyers to avoid this cheating.
I've had mine for 6 years now, and still LOVE it. There is nothing that rusts, and the tightening screws for the comb blades are brass and work exceptionally well, and blades are meant to be replaceable. This makes quick work of salad mix, cole slaw, matchstick potatoes or carrots, or a sandwich-making tray of perfect, thin, even slices of tomato, onion rounds, pickle slices, for easy self-serve burgers or sandwiches, buffet style or for lunchboxes. Lastly, it allows me to slice or shred ingredients over a bowl or frypan without getting out the cutting board. I came back to Amazon to find a replacement blades because after 6 years of constant use, the blades are starting to dull. That's considerably better mileage than a food processor, and much easier to use, clean, store, and buy in the first place.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This slicer is good, but a little small. The bigger size is perfect, but don't come with the container.Published 15 hours ago by TuHoa N.
Super duper...i love to grate,slice all my veggies with this. Blades are very sharp. Great value for the price.Published 1 day ago by Vrata Chinmulgund
I have had a few of these wonderful mandolines. Caution, very sharp blade, advised to use a protective glove with a latex glove over so you are protected and do not have to wash... Read morePublished 1 day ago by kx4808
Boy is this thing sharp! Very adjustable for thickness, which is a good thing. The box & instructions are in Japanese so if you need help changing blades or adjusting thickness of... Read morePublished 1 day ago by Amazon Customer
In reality this thing works for what I need it for, but I wish I had known the part that you slide the food on before it hits the blade(s) is held up/adjusted by one knob instead... Read morePublished 2 days ago by Amazon Customer
I love the way this works with a kevlar glove. Wish I got the wider version.Published 2 days ago by Bernie
Does what it says it will do and is now one of my favorite gadgets in the kitchenPublished 3 days ago by Terri Mclain