5.0 out of 5 stars Travel tripod that delivers
I love this tripod--and the ballhead that comes standard. Despite a tiny footprint, this out-of-the-box combo handled wonderfully a Mamiya RB67 and stout lens (about a 7 lb beast) on a backpacking trip to central Colorado. Almost dropped extra $ on carbon fiber but am very happy with this model, which is under 3 lbs.
Published 24 months ago by Mike Schneider Jr.

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't hold much steady at all
Published 17 months ago by Bichon Lover

5.0 out of 5 stars Travel tripod that delivers, September 2, 2012
This review is from: Benro A0691T Travel Angel Transfunctional Tripod Kit with Aluminum Twist Lock Legs with B00 Head (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY PLEASED!, March 6, 2012
I did not want a heavy-duty tripod. For one thing, I have had one for a long time. But it's now too heavy to be comfortable for me. This Benro is a great, solid, well-constructed tripod, that will take you through so many photographic adventures. If for some reason, in a particular instance, you need more stability, there is a hook at the bottom of the center column where you can hang something heavy. That being said, this tripod is a solid, although light weight, piece of equipment. It is fully adjustable and can also be used as a monopod. It comes in a very attractive and heavy-weight carrying bag with a handle for the shoulder or carrying it by hand. This tripod also comes with a quick release ball piece which is very handy, enabling you to get the camera on and off the tripod easily. I leave on the the camera the flat part that slides into the quick release. I'm very pleased with the tripod and would recommend it to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine Product-, April 15, 2011
1. I like the tripod and head. It is compact, relatively light, and provides some flexibility for the user. (You can go lighter and you can go more compact with other products).

2. It comes with a nice case for it.

3. I like the fact that I can have a monopod, but the monopod is a bit on the short side--I can't use it standing up, but that's OK.

2. Documentation material is hidden in the inside pocket of the case. I missed this the first time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pros and cons, December 27, 2011
There is no doubt this is the lightest and easiest to carry tripod and I love it. But it shouldn't be ignored just in case of wind it's not as stable as u want. Also if I had a choice now I would try another head than B00 as it is not really very easy to install and release.Overall it is wonderful when u need something light and packed to carry in ur backpack.And as I studied tripods a lot, u can't have a perfect tripod so if u want it to be light u should give some other features away.

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't hold much steady at all, April 1, 2013
Bichon Lover "MicheleB" (Seattle, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This tripod is indeed lightweight however I experience consistent ball head creep with a very light Canon SX50HS 1.2 lbs/551g. There is NO way I'd put an SLR on there let alone anything with a lens. In addition as another reviewer said the plate will not hand tighten securely and is constantly coming loose. It is light, but isn't worth the huge trade-off in functionality. I wasn't expecting it to hold a big SLR, but I certainly was expecting it to hold my small camera for hiking. Very disappointed. I do not recommend this tripod.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tripod., January 28, 2013
brad (PLACERVILLE, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
This is a great tripod. I love how light and small it is. Holds my T3i and my Sigma 150-500 without any problems. I could see it getting shaky in the wind, but no problems yet for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best weight, load, size, price ever!, October 15, 2012
Benro A0691T has the best relation weight, load, price, size I've found in the market so far. It's light, small when retracted, and withstand a big load, enough for a big DSLR with big lenses. The material which it's made is of very high quality. The ballhead is not good for film making but this is something easily solved. I definitely recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Takes a lickin and keeps on tickin, December 13, 2013
G. Kerber (Oregon City, OR United States) - See all my reviews
Does what I expected it to do. Great for traveling. Easily fits in a suitcase. The ball head is a bit wimpy so I replaced it with a slightly bigger one. Legs are a bit spindly and overall height is short, but I expected that. I can always make it work. I can tell you it takes a lickin and keeps on tickin. I used it while on a hike to a waterfall (wanted to save weight in my pack). There was a foot bridge over the creek below the waterfall. The bridge was wood and soaking wet. I luckily had my camera inside my backpack but had the tripod in my hand (fully extended). My first step on the bridge was my last. It was SLIPPERY and down I went. The tripod went in the creek. It got lodged in some rocks. I was able to rescue it. One of the legs was slightly bend and one of the leg swivel locks was broken. I took it all apart to dry everything out and was able to straighten the leg well enough to make it useable. If this would have been a carbon tripod, that leg would have most likely broken. Still using this tripod.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, only one gripe., March 6, 2013
This is a very good, lightweight, compact tripod that will serve you well if you can't afford more expensive/heftier Manfrotto's or Gitzo's. I took it on expedition above the arctic circle, where it held my Nikon DSLR and attached lens in 30 below temps. It took a beating and kept on ticking. My only gripe: the screw plate is kinda iffy, and it really requires a pocket screwdriver or hex wrench to guarantee it's completely and immovably secured to the bottom of your camera. Otherwise, it WILL loosen while on your tripod if you try to hand tighten out in the field. It's biggest plus: ultra compact. I can actually fit this tripod in a backpack. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tripod., April 28, 2012
The tripod is sturdy but very easy to carry. It's able to convert to a great monopod, also. I'd recommend this to friends.

Rate and Discover Movies