5.0 out of 5 stars Good ballhead
This is a simple but solid ballhead. I do not have the gear to test the ballhead to its ~17 lb capacity; however, it easily supports a 40D/ 70-200f2.8IS/ 580EXII setup in any orientation.

I would have liked for it to be a bit lighter and to be provided an extra release plate; however, these are just minor complaints.
Published 17 months ago by S. NGUYEN

1.0 out of 5 stars very bad
This head has a certain problem, which you cannot figure out when buying. After some usage the metal on the clamp scratches and the Q/R plate locks not tightly, allowing for some movements. I think all Benro that has the same Q/R plate lock may have this problem. I would never buy Benro now.
Published 6 months ago by Anna

1.0 out of 5 stars very bad, October 20, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Good ballhead, November 20, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, March 3, 2014
This review is from: Benro BH2 Single Action Ballhead (Electronics)
I bought this for my benro tripod. this turns out to be a great ball head, I would buy it again.

4.0 out of 5 stars I just want one more thing..., July 31, 2013
This review is from: Benro BH2 Single Action Ballhead (Electronics)
If they make a stick on the side of the top, we will be easier to control camera. Some time we couldn't keep on camera and... any thing too bad :(

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, November 8, 2012
This review is from: Benro BH2 Single Action Ballhead (Electronics)
The Benro BH2 Single Action Ballhead has a sturdily-built feel to it. It's a "beast", as they say. I've mounted it on an Opteka M900 heavy-duty monopod for use with a pair of "gigantic binoculars" (25x100's) that themselves weigh about 11 pounds. The combination works great, allowing easy viewing from well below the horizon to nearly straight overhead without having to tilt the monopod itself much while the latter supports the binoculars' weight. Thus I don't have to bend much at the knees or waist in order to scan across a wide range of elevation and azimuth angles, after initially setting the monopod+ballhead+binoculars to my eye-height while I stand fully upright (I'm somewhat over 6 feet tall). The smooth flexibility of the Benro BH2 ballhead takes care of everything. The whole rig, including binoculars, is not too heavy to steadily hold in position quite easily while viewing.

The single-action ball-locking mechanism of the BH2 works effectively and is easier to use than separate locks on each of three axes found on some other ballheads. The quick-release plate of the BH2 works well to EASILY AND SECURELY attach the ballhead to the binoculars.

I find that using a ballhead and monopod is a lot more practical at times than using my heavy binoculars with a tripod and pan-tilt head (except, of course, that the monopod contraption can't stand up by itself whereas the tripod can!). One must hold onto the monopod and/or the binoculars with but a light grip, and this is not at all tiring despite the binoculars' substantial weight.

I'm totally satisfied with the Benro BH2 ballhead (as well as with the Opteka monopod--purchased elsewhere, admittedly, but also available from Amazon--by the way).

Additionally, delivery of the ballhead was very prompt. I also took advantage of a timely Benro discount to get an especially good deal on this purchase from Amazon.

ARRAY(0x9b744ce4)