Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation STEM Toys & Games

Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )

...first impressions are everything, as the saying goes -- and, Photographer's Pro Bundle with Tenba 15-inch Black Messenger LE Bag and Benro Tripod Kit delivered the "wow-factor" right out of the box!

for Me, the Benro Tripod Kit does not disappoint when it comes to quality.

I am now the proud owner of two Benro tripods, so I found myself already familiar with the workings of the tripod set up with ballhead and quick release plate.

a couple of things I really like about the Benro Tripod Kit:

* easy setup, light weight, quality construction, comes in my favorite color - black

* there are two bubble levels, one on the leg/base and one on the ballhead -- thus assuring me of a pretty level setup, from the ground up

* the Benro Tripod Kit is light weight, folds neatly and actually fits back in the nicely padded carrying case, without any problems -- and, who needs problems at the end of an all day photo-shoot? :)

* there is a zippered compartment inside the tripod case wherein the detailed instructions, a couple of handy tools, a very nice, wide, shoulder strap, and 3 interchangeable spiked, seemingly durable, metal feet for outside photography, like grass and dirt, await discovery. these little guys ( the interchangeable spiked feet) just screw right in, with no problem, and cleanup is a breeze after a day outdoors.

* I love the Benro ballhead with the quick release plate -- sometimes, I just leave the quick release plate on the camera, if I will be using the tripod the next day -- soooo easy, just pop the camera on the tripod and lock in place -- good-to-go. 'nuf said! :)

the Benro Tripod Kit also comes bundled with the most Awesome Tenba 15-inch Black Messenger LE Bag:

* comes in my favorite color, black -- goes with any outfit :)

* light weight

* very sturdy

* creates envy :)

* the Tenba 15-inch Black Messenger LE Bag stands up by itself without caving in on itself, or falling over

* nice feel to material

* lots of roomy zippered and padded compartments to stuff goodies in

* padded, breathable, carry handle and thickly padded, contoured, adjustable shoulder strap -- can be worn across the body (which is the way I like it -- looks very chic, this way)

Photographer's Pro Bundle with Tenba 15-inch Black Messenger LE Bag and Benro Tripod Kit is Highly Recommended! --Katharena Eiermann, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Benro A0570F Aluminum Tripod w/Benro BH0 Ball Head and Tenba LE 15" Messenger Bag

Benro A0570F Aluminum Tripod
Folded w/head - 23"
Extended w/head (leg length) - 51.5"
Weight - 2.5 lbs.
Load - reportedly supports average weight gear

Top of the line tripod and head duos can cost up to $1000 so $200 is considered a good price to pay for reliable equipment. Benro (and its sister Induro tripods, owned by Mac Group) get good reviews at Amazon and are even more popular outside of the US, particularly in China. Serious photographers often say they prefer Benro to the better known Monfrotto tripods because they are more compact and stable.

The selection of an aluminum tripod over a carbon fiber one depends on how you will use the tripod and how much you are willing to pay. Carbon fiber is lighter, has less vibration, stays warm in very cold environments, and is more expensive. Aluminum is stronger, more stable (weight is good in windy situations), stays cooler in hot environments, and is less expensive.

I thought weight would be an issue because I'm not that strong and I sometime carry around a tripod for a full day. Although I have two lighter carbon fiber tripods, 2.5 lbs shouldn't be a problem to most people, including me.

The legs loosen and tighten with only a half screw making the tripod quick to set up and take down. Per the manufacturer, the design of the legs makes them resistant to dust and moisture so that you can use them in adverse conditions. I was unable to get two of the smaller legs to lock down in the collapsed mode so I'd appreciate if someone would tell me if there is a trick to it. Because of the carrying case, though, it's not really an issue.

BH0 Ball Head
You can see a closeup of the head here at Amazon (Benro BH0 Single Action Ballhead $47). My camera mounted and dismounted easily, way quicker than on my other heads. The leveling bubble will be particularly useful to me as I have a tendency to take photos with a slight tilt.

Tenba LE 15" Messenger Bag
The bag's fine; larger than I really need for my gear but that's a personal choice. I will say that the shoulder harness is so well made that I wish that Tenba would consider making shoulder harnesses for string trimmers. I make actually take it off the bag and use it on my new Echo.

This is my fourth tripod and will be the one I use.
on November 29, 2011
To give you some background, I am a semi-professional photographer and own 3 other tripods and 4 different backpacks/slingbags. I purchased this set from Amazon's Black Friday sale and consider it an amazing deal. Even without the sale price, I still consider this an exceptional value for the money. This is not professional level equipment but as a starter kit, it is an excellent accessory bundle. You are essentially getting a BENRO A-058M8 Aluminum Tripod, a Benro BH0 Single Action Ballhead and a modified version of the Tenba 638-221 Small Messenger (Black). If you need a lightweight ball-head tripod and a messenger style camera bag then this set is a no-brainer. I purchased this primarily for the bag which I will use for a specific type of outing where I need quick access to my camera without setting down the bag. I just received the bag and it appears to be relatively well padded and has some flexibility with the removable insert. While I prefer camera backpacks over the messenger style bag, the shoulder pad is wide and well padded so that should help with comfort for heavy loads.

Because I already own other tripods, I may give this one away or possibly keep it in my car for impromptu shoots. I noticed some of the reviewers were questioning the weight load and sturdiness of the tripod. I mounted a Canon 7D with battery grip attached with a 100-400L (approximately 5 lbs) to the tripod and it could easily handle the weight. The quick release plate worked well although I found the ballhead movement to be a little rough as compared to some of my other heads. As others had noted, the tripod footprint in the standard position is not very large so I would not use this in high windy conditions or soft, uneven surfaces. However for solid, flat surfaces the tripod is more than adequate. The legs do adjust to different angles so that is another option to provide greater stability but you will lose height. Also the tripod column has a hook to hang additional weight to provide even more stability. Finally the bag that comes with the tripod is also well padded and well built. Overall, this is a highly recommended set if the bag and tripod fit your needs.

12/4/11 Update
I did some quick testing with the tripod and there is a certain level of vibration that takes time to dampen. This could be a problem for long exposure shots or possibly shooting slow shutter speeds with a long lens. FWIW, most lightweight tripods will have some vibration - even the carbon fiber based models. It's part of the compromise of weight versus convenience.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I'll say in advance that this review is mostly about the bag, because I wasn't looking for another tripod. So let me get it out of the way: the Benro tripod in this bundle is a high-quality, classic, stable platform for a still camera. There are no bells, whistles, extraneous handles or gears on this tripod. Yet, it exudes a sense of security and grounded confidence as you touch it. (There.)

The Tenba bag is designed to address the needs of a photographer who takes a digital SLR on location along with a pro-class laptop for possible tethering and definite post-shoot processing. In a space just a bit bulkier than a standard messenger bag, it manages to do this quite well.

There are two main compartments, one for camera and one for laptop. Each provides a number of adjustable vinyl-clad foam inserts for customizing the space. The most unusual, and useful, feature I found was a quick-access zippered port over the camera compartment. This opening allows the user to remove just the camera without opening the full messenger flap and exposing the full contents to the world.

There are plenty of organizing loops and pockets for small accessories. The bag itself is constructed in a relaxed way that does not scream "molded laptop briefcase" or "steal me." And it includes the feature that is most important to me when carrying heavy equipment: a well-padded shoulder strap.

As individual items, this bag and this tripod are each valuable. As a bundle, they will get you out the door for a day of productive photography and processing.
VINE VOICEon September 8, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I gave the tripod 4 stars and the camera bag 2, for an average overall rating of 3 stars.

The tripod is solid, holds it's position well. It has a quick-release mount and comes with a zippered carrying case and shoulder strap, essential, as anyone who has tried to juggle carrying a tripod any distance knows. The only shortcoming was the lack of a control to pan the camera, making this an inconvenient tripod for shooting videos, but fine for still photos. Minus one star.

The camera case, while light weight and adaptable to various configurations with adjustable velcro dividers, didn't seem durable enough or padded enough to adequately protect gear, especially larger, heavier lenses and such. I wouldn't trust it with my expensive gear.
on June 15, 2011
Sometimes it's hard to choose a good tripod or bag out of the 100s of options out there. I think Benro did a GREAT job putting this bundle together. I'm very much an amateur (this is my first tripod and bag).

The tripod seems very solid. It's very easy to pop into place. It has TWO levels on it. Just a really solid piece of equipment that I think will last for awhile. The extra carry bag was a nice touch.

The camera bag is great as well. The construction appears very nice. There's plenty of pockets and lots of cushion for the camera. The actual size appears bigger online than having it in my hands. I honestly couldn't have hand picked a better bag for my use. Should be a perfect 2nd carry-on for airplanes and an easy enough bag to lug around on trips. It's a good medium size bag.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This Photographer's Bundle is really nice! The Benro Tripod is the real winner in this kit. It is very well made for a compact tripod. I expected flimsy for the size, but got something wonderful! THIS is the tripod I will want to travel with. The messenger style camera bag is a nicely built with deep pockets and easy access.

The Benro tripod is compact and so much easier to carry around than the current standard size tripods I own now, especially since it fits so easy into it's beautiful padded carrier. When I opened it up to full height, I discovered that the Benro tripod is well-built, sturdy, and quite capable of doing the job. It's a beauty too. This tripod will be the one I travel with!

The Tenbo messenger style bag is really nice too. What a delightful style to change from the usual backpack, belt pack, or square bag. The interior had a removable padded camera insert to protect your gear. The extra zipper on the flap gives you easy on-top access to your gear without having to open the flap. There's a extra side deep pocket and smaller pockets for accessories. The carrying strap is padded and is comfortable to use. The best part is that is keeps a slim profile which is much easier to carry and navigate around people with.

(Currently, the bag I have has been refitted for a 17 in. laptop we recently purchased. I couldn't use the padded insert for that, so I made a DIY padded insert for the laptop. So far so good. It's spent a couple of months on the road in a truck without any problems. The messenger bag has kept up with the rigors of living in a truck without any problems.)

Overall, this is a great bundle to get your hands on, especially for the Benro tripod. It's a good looking set that will get you on the go without lacking in quality.
VINE VOICEon June 23, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have just returned from a week-long trip in the Rockies during which I put this Tenba bag through the wringer. After having hiked and climbed over some pretty heavy terrain at distance, I cannot say more confidently that I love this bag!

First and foremost, its adjustable, removable, and well cushioned shoulder strap made my life easy. I did find, however, that the over-the-head across-the-chest position is far more comfortable and convenient on the go than the one shoulder position. Beyond its comfort, this bag had more than enough room for all of my goodies while separating everything into easily accessible compartments. At one point I was toting a Nikon D40 with lens, smaller Nikon Coolpix, a camcorder, two bottles of water, and some other miscellaneous junk that I forgot to remove before our hike. I was able to separate everything (including the junk) into specific compartments which made finding items on the go much easier. That which makes this bag the most convenient is a top-side zipper, providing just enough access to the contents to get whatever one needs without the fear of spilling everything on the ground and without the hassle of having to undo the strap-down cover. Basically this bag is durable, comfortable, roomy, and convenient.

Unfortunately, I was not able to get as much time with the tripod. The limited time that I did have with it was enjoyable. It is light-weight and sturdy; as is its included carry bag. It includes two single bubble levels at the top of the tripod as well as on the base-plate, which is necessary as the pivoting head is extremely fluid. The legs are easily extendable and retractable, yet hold a position well.

Overall, I have been more than pleased with this combo and would recommend it to anyone. One caveat must be stated in that the bag is 15", which might be just a little small for some. Keep just how much gear you need to bring in mind when considering if this bag is right for you.
VINE VOICEon June 26, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This bag and tripod are good quality, and would be a decent buy even at a higher price. I can't really add too much to what the others have said.

If it hasn't been mentioned already, there is room in the bag for a laptop. Although if you fill the bag up with lenses and other things, it might be cramped, and could be hard to find room for the laptop power supply. The compartments in the bag are removable, so if you're not taking all your lenses, you can make room for other things. The bag is good quality, and comfortable to carry, so if you're not taking your camera, this would make a great carry-on bag. The bag is also padded thickly.

I've only owned cheap department store tripods before now. While they work, they aren't built to last, and as with everything, you get what you pay for. The ball mount on this pod works very well. All the controls work smoothly, and set up and adjusting is easy and done quickly.
on October 7, 2011
I started out with a Crumpler 6-Million Dollar bag, and thought it was great. Then I went out on a limb and tried this Tenba, and it is head and shoulders above the Crumpler as far as practicality when out and about. Holds my D7000 with 18-105 attached, 70-300 with hood reversed, 35 1.8, and chargers/cords/etc for the camera and laptop... Camera insert easily comes out if you want to use it as a messenger bag.

I believe this combo deal includes an older version of the Tenba Messenger bag, as the newer ones appear to have more storage pockets under the front flap. Not a real issue, as they typically never really fit what you want to put in them anyway... It has plenty of space for odds and ends.

Overall, I'm very happy with the bag. The tripod is fairly stable and lightweight. Its not a rock-steady tripod, if that is what you are looking for. However, it is light enough that I wouldn't mind hauling it around.