5.0 out of 5 stars Kept me up all night!
This one will keep you up all night! Something's amiss in the north woods this winter and at the root of it all is a vampire, true to tradition at last, that is as monstrous as it is terrifying. I still get spooked every time I walk snowy country roads on these gloomy winter days. A terrific read!
Published on January 9, 2012 by Rob Cotton

1.0 out of 5 stars A bloody mess!
Published on June 20, 2011 by Bob Gutowski

5.0 out of 5 stars Kept me up all night!, January 9, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars I Couldn't Put it Down!, August 12, 2011
This review is from: Bent Steeple (Kindle Edition)
Loved it!! FINALLY a real, non sparkling, non angst driven monster who breaks every social taboo and makes no excuse for being. What a trip!

1.0 out of 5 stars A bloody mess!, June 20, 2011
Bob Gutowski (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bent Steeple (Kindle Edition)
I downloaded this to my Kindle with great expectations. However, I found the book a mishmash not only of a lot of Stephen King and a bit of LET THE RIGHT ONE IN (meow, hiss, if you know what I mean), but a mess. The heroine is a chain-smoker. She smokes. A lot. And we have to read about it. You'd almost think Wells got money from the tobacco industry to include such elaborate depictions of her habit. I thought it would pay off in some monumental way, but it didn't. There's also a lot of inappropriate giggling from this gal, which ceases to be character delineation early on, becoming merely annoying. Wells also includes a Steve King-like idiot savant character, one who can only speak one word, his name (sample dialogue: "'Fergus' said Fergus. 'Fergus.'"), but who can psychically see future events and other dimensions. If you're thinking of THE STAND'S slow but charming Tom Cullen (m-o-o-n, and that spells better book), well, so did I. If you want to read another what another, better writer's take on 'SALEM'S LOT, pick up Peter Straub's GHOST STORY.

Bent Steeple