Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Berenstain Bears and the Missing Dinosaur Bone
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: Hardcover|Change

on September 30, 1999
My son, who is 4 years old, loves this book from the first day the book arrived. Every night, we would read this book together and relive the adventure of the bear detectives as they look for the missing dinosaur bone. The other interesting area in this story is that the bears have only an hour to locate the bone in time for the museum opening. The ending is unexpected but funny. Recommended reading for all parents with kids who are beginning to read.
on November 17, 2013
I love the original Berenstain Bears books and so do my kids. They are wonderfully illustrated and the rhyme and meter are second to none. I was born and raised on these stories and I bought them for my children when they were born. "Inside, Outside, Upside Down" was the first book by daughter learned to read on her own. She is seven years old now and still loves them. These are timeless classics that you can pass on to your children and grandchildren. Buy them all now!
HALL OF FAMEon November 10, 2001
I recently introduced my 5-year old nephew to the Berenstain Bears, who are among my favorite characters in children's literature. In "The Berenstain Bears and the Missing Dinosaur Bone," three young bears and their dog search for the missing museum article of the book's title.
Authors Stan and Jan Berenstain tell the story in fun, easy-to-read rhymes, such as this one: "A dinosaur bone is missing in there! 'Somebody took it!' said Dr. Bear." The rhymes are accompanied by whimsical illustrations that depict such sights as a totem pole, a mummy case, and the "Hall of Famous Bears." Parents and other adults should appreciate the gentle satiric touches. Another fine entry in a great series.
on July 5, 2012
I purchased this book for my preschool class to use for "Dinosaur Week". Its a cute mystery story, with rhyming words so the children will listen. The pictures are also great. I also purchased copies for my grandchildren. I like the old Berenstein books better than the newer ones and this one is as good as any. I highly recommend it for preschoolers to about 1st grade.
on August 19, 2015
The combination of easy vocabulary and a rhythmic, rhyming story makes this one of my favorite Berenstain Bears books. It is short enough to keep my son's attention for the duration of the book and the rhyming makes it easier for young children to learn the words (or memorize them... depending on how often this book is requested :).

The three little bears and one little pup
must solve the mystery before the time is up!
The museum open at noon but a bone is gone
To see what happens, you have to read on!
on December 30, 2004
The books that the Berenstains wrote for Beginner Books (which Dr. Seuss edited) are very different and, to me, much better than the stuff they've been cranking out since. They use much simpler vocabulary and shorter sentences, and are written in rhyme, which really helps hold my son's attention. The stories, too, are simpler, funnier and just plain more entertaining. This one is one of our favorites, with a really fun "Is That it? Nooooooo" storyline, and a cute surprise ending.
on April 18, 2010
My kid loves this book; it is full of adventure, rhymes and beautiful color illustrations.

In this tale, we join the bears as they investigate a missing dinosaur bone from a popular exhibit. The tale is made extra thrilling as the museum is going to open soon and people are lined up outside. What happened to the bone is hilarious and entertaining.

Darien Summers, author of The Mischievous Hare, a children's book.
on October 6, 2008
This is a great book. I remembered it from MY childhood, and my daughter (2) loves it! This is an easier B-bear book for smaller kids to listen to, as it rhymes and is a very simple plot. Basically, a dinosaur bone disappears from the bear museum and the bears (3) search for it. "There's no case too hard, no case too tough, for the bear detectives and their hound dog Snuff!"
on August 22, 2008
My 3 year old daughter LOVES this book! It is just precious. I highly recommend it. It is a lot of fun and quite an adventure!
on March 9, 2006
Great book for young readers. Easy to read and understand. Great pictures to follow along with if unable to read.