Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Format: PaperbackChange

on September 16, 2001
I am an elementary school librarian who reads "The Berenstain Bears Go To School" each September to our new kindergartners. It helps set their minds at ease about what school is like.
In this Berenstain Bears story, Mama Bear notices that Sister Bear looks worried when Brother Bear mentions that he wants to get back to school after summer vacation. Mama Bear takes Sister to the Bear Country School to meet Miss Honeybear, the kindergarten teacher. A few days later, Brother Bear rushes to the bus, dragging Sister along with him. Sister discovers that she loves school, so a few days later when Brother Bear wishes it was still vacation, Sister is the one who drags *him* to the bus.
My students always laugh at this change of perspective. I find most of the Berenstain Bear books to be an ideal, and entertaining, way to teach children positive behaviors or attitudes, or to help them relate about the real world. This book is no exception.
on August 19, 1999
This book (which my kids love) is a fine way to introduce the concept of school to small children (age 2 or 3). It tells about a child who is afraid to go to school, but who then loses his fear and discovers that school is a fun place. Fine illustrations, a good buy.
on September 30, 2003
This book was about Sister bear and Brother bear go to school for the first time. Sister bear is in her own class for the first time and she is very scared. I would recommend this story to a 6 or 7 year old because it is good beginner book. The moral of the story is not to be afraid the first time you go to school.
on January 10, 2011
My daughter is afraid to go to school next year so I thought that this would be a good start. She loves the book and it looks great on the Kindle.

I specifically mention how it looked on the Kindle b/c no one could tell me whether or not there were illustrations or just words that would show up on the reader.
on December 27, 2005
I really loved this book as a kid because I loved all the illustrations and I loved kindergarten as well. I was volunteering at a kindergarten class one time and read this book to the kids and they loved it and were so happy for some reason when I told them I have the book at home too :) It's a good book to prepare your child for daycare, preschool or kindergarten if they're having anxiety about going.
on January 7, 2013
I read this to my little boy before the first day of preschool. We read several books about starting school because he was a little nervous about starting school. Of all the books we read about starting school, The Berenstain Bears Go to School was his favorite. My son just loves the Berenstain Bears. I love them too because they teach children valuable life lessons. The Berestain Bear Books teach children how to grow-up and be respectful, responsible adults. Obviously parenting is a difficult, yet rewarding task. A book won't solely do the job of ensuring your child grows-up right, but it's safe to say that The Berenstain Bear Books may very well indeed help place them on the right track.
on September 8, 2007
My son recently started preschool and I remembered I loved this book as a child. I particularly remember how vibrant the pictures were and how my imagination ran wild with them. It was a great way to prepare him for his first day of school and one we continue to read over and over and over! A definate classic!
on December 12, 2002
I myself enjoyed the berenstien bears Go To school becuse i can relate to their school problems its like they have already walked in my shoes.This book goes into great detail about the first day of school and how it can seem hard to make new friends and sometime the teacher might seem a little scary
on December 29, 2012
Purchased for my 4 yr old prior to beginning pre-k. Very helpful and calmed his anxieties about starting pre-k. We read these type books while he's young every year prior to school staring and they help so much. Definitely recommend!
on January 5, 2001
My 3 year old loves this book and makes me read it over and over. She cannot wait to go to preschool and I think the book is a great introduction to what it will be like.