5.0 out of 5 stars Trouble with Money
I like this book because it showed me not to spend all the money i receive for special occassions on things that i may not need but i want very badly. It showed me that i need to be very careful with money and that spending it on everything isn't always a good choice.

Alyssa Seifferly
Published on December 9, 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars not for kids
They were playing spin the bottle!
I would not let kids read this book. They don't need to know what spin the bottle is!
Published 6 months ago by J

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Trouble with Money, December 9, 2005

Alyssa Seifferly

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome book, awesome lesson, December 27, 2005
A Kid's Review
the illustrations are what got me interested in this book when I got it from a book club as a kid. It teaches a good lesson about money and how to not act spoiled, and the idea that money should not make you greedy

4.0 out of 5 stars great book, July 8, 2000
By A Customer
This is an excellent book it really helps kids learn about money. The illustrations are perfect for my four year old

5.0 out of 5 stars Money, February 3, 2010
This is a cute story! I used this story in my elementary classroom during my unit on money to teach about the importance of saving money and the concepts of "goods" and "services." You could also discuss the concept of interest as well. My students enjoyed hearing the story and participating in a discussion afterwards! Their favorite part was definately creating their own "critter" bank to put their own money in!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, January 31, 2012
One of the many reasons I love this series of books...the GREAT lessons in them! This book is a great way to try to instill some very good money advice and to do it early in life!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good to teach children about money!, August 14, 2011
This is a great book to read to children to make them more money-wise. It's a bit wordy, so it is not the best with real young children or onces who cannot sit still for long!

5.0 out of 5 stars the berenstain bears trouble with money, February 1, 2006
A Kid's Review
i think this book is a really good book and i think that they have a problem with money and that they are really bad at that and i am to and my mom like tells me the same thing and it is cool just to have something that relates to my life and my mom tells me no don't spend all your money and stuff like that and that means i have a TEXT TO SELF and i love to read and it is cool. thats all i wanted to say. p.s. i love the bereanstain bear books they are so cool and i just love them and they are so cool i wish i could be a good writter just like you but you are a really good writter and if i could be like you i would but i am glad i am diffrent than everybody i love your books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!!, January 6, 2013
I'm an Elementary School Teacher and love reaching my students through literature. I designed a lesson plan about money for primary grade students. This book uses a cute approach to teaching about overspending, saving, earning, etc. This is a great resource to teach children the basic concepts of economics. My four-year-old thinks it's entertaining as well. I just love the books that teach lessons as they tell the stories with their words and illustrations. I got this book for a great price from the seller, the book arrived in my mailbox promptly, and the book was in excellent condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book that teaches the value of saving.., February 28, 2013
jenmcdan13 (Nashville, TN) - See all my reviews
I worked at a bank for five years and every year on Teach Children to Save Day I would visit the local elementary school (that hosted Career Day the same time) to talk about saving money to the older kids and read this book to the younger ones. I bought to read to my son when he's older. Love the Berenstain bears!

5.0 out of 5 stars I Give this Book to My Own Kids and to Elementary School Classes, March 1, 2014
Great lessons about earning, saving and minimizing thoughtless spending, while still including a few fun digs at the goofiness and silliness of Papa Bear's authority figure.

I give this book to the elementary school children I'm invited to teach each year, along with a checklist for their parents on how to talk about money with their kids. Every school library had better have a copy of this book. It's particularly suitable for 1st through 3rd graders, although children a little younger and bit older will enjoy it as well.

Todd
-Author, "Everyday Money for Everyday People"

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Berenstain Bears' Trouble with Money First Time Workbook (First Time(R) Workbooks)
Used & New from: $0.01