on February 11, 2011
I have worked in Law Enforcement for a long time and have a small collection of pistols and holsters of all different types. I recently bought a Taurus PT92 very cheap and wanted to get a holster for it. I didn't want to spend a lot of money and wanted a leather holster, thus why I purchased this one. I received my holster yesterday in the mail and first impressions were not good. The black leather on the holster is very very stiff to begin with, so stiff that I had to use an enormous amount of force to get my Taurus PT92 inside of it. I then had to use an extreme amount of force to get it back out. I have had this issue (although not to this level) a couple of times in the past with new leather holsters. Usually if you press the pistol hard into the leather and let it sit over night it will form around the pistol and you should be fine. Like any leather product, with time and use most of my leather holsters become very loose, comfortable, and easy to use. That is one of the reasons why I like them so much.

Soooo, I put a little bit of leather oil on the holster to help protect it and soften it up. I placed my pistol inside of it, along with a thick belt, and let it sit over night. It had molded a little better to the pistol but was still very difficult to put into it and pull out the next morning. Much more so than what I have experienced in the past. In my line of work on or off duty, I cannot afford to risk a mishap when needing to draw my pistol.

The icing on the cake is the 4 position setting you can wear on your belt. Because there are no pictures online of the back of the holster I made the assumption that it was a paddle style with adjustable screws to change it. That has been what all other leather pistol holsters I have had in the past. This is NOT the case with this holster. It has a very cheap and simple criss cross cut piece of leather sewn to the back of it. Not entirely a bad idea, but the 4 different positions are really pretty worthless. My pistol is also a very heavy one, and when it is in the holster and attached to my belt, the holster wiggles around a lot. I believe this is due to the angle, width of the leather, and position that the loops are placed on the back of it.

All in all it is a horrible holster. Even for a cheaply priced one, it is not worth the money. I plan on returning the holster as soon as I can and I will get something else. Don't make the same miss take I did.
on January 26, 2011
The holster seems to be very well built, but my Beretta M9 didn't fit it right. It required a ton of force to get the gun far enough into the holster to be able to close the snap. Once the gun is in there, good luck getting it back out. It might fit the 92FS properly due to the VERY slight frame difference, but don't buy this if you have an M9
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 17, 2011
This holster does not fit the beretta 92fs at all save your time and money and do not buy this holster
on December 28, 2012
I've used leather holsters for carry mainly because they look good and rarely wear out. I got this as a Christmas present to use when not carrying in my Galco Fetch as it looked like it'd be better for CC than the Fetch is.

My first impression is that it was a finely crafted holster made of quality leather, but when I attempted to put my pistol into the holster I met with more than a little resistance. It actually took quite a bit of maneuvering to get the 92 into position to snap the thumb break. Taking it back out was another struggle with two hands. If I were to try that while carrying, I'd be dead because I could not get the weapon out and on target in time to do any good.

I figured I'd put it on my belt and let it sit in the holster for a day or two with a little pressing and flexing by hand to help the leather become a little more pliable would make drawing easier. Not so much.

If I had the time to work with this holster everyday it would probably do well, but since I got it as a backup I really need something that I can put right to work.

If you have a Beretta 92 or Taurus be warned that this holster is not big enough for those frames. Spend the extra money and get a Galco or Don Hume that are molded for these large frame pistols.