Verified Purchase
I purchased this gun mostly for the "fun" factor. I have owned a Daisy Powerline 45 for a few years now and it is fun to shoot due to its power and accuracy but not so much from a realistic standpoint. The Beretta PX-4 Storm is not quite as powerful but it brings a much more realistic feel to shooting thanks to the weight of the gun and the blowback action. The PX-4 has taken every type of pellet I have loaded to it from Daisy to Crossman, from flat to pointed and works well with Crossman copper BB's. The clip holds a total of 16 shots (8 on each end) and fits into the bottom of the gun just like the real deal. Very fun to unload 8 shots, release the clip, flip it and then reload for another 8 shots.

I have found the gun to be less accurate than my Daisy but I have a feeling it is due to me not being used to the blowback feature. I need to learn to compensate for the feedback I get as I don't get any feedback from the Daisy. I have shot this gun mostly at a trap/target and have run comparisons side by side to my Daisy. From about 15 feet, I can get decent groupings to with my daisy but I get much wider groupings with the Beretta. Hopefully my fault and not the guns. From a power perspective, the Beretta sound much more realistic and loud which can be mistaken for more power but it is definitely on the lower end compared to the Daisy. I believe the Daisy is rated for 410fps vs. the PX-4 at 380fps. However, I notices a huge drop-off in power with the PX-4 after maybe 30 shots or so. My order gun seems to maintain the charge much longer.

Overall I am very happy with this gun for the fun factor. In summary:

Pros

1. Weight and feel of the gun is very realistic
2. Blowback feature makes it more realistic to shoot
3. Takes bb's and pellets...and seems to take just about every kind out there
4. Powerful for a blowback Co2 pistol

Cons

1. Doesn't seem to hold Co2 charge very long compared to other guns I've used
2. Loading a Co2 cartridge is a pain due to design within the grip
3. Power drops considerably after maybe 30 shots
4. Safety is hard to disengage (good for safety with kids but still a pain!)
on December 11, 2010
I recently bought one of these without first knowing anything about the real Beretta PX4 handgun this one is based on. I've never owned nor shot an air pistol quite like this one before; the nearest equivalent would have to be an actual firearm.

Functionally it's different from a firearm, but to a casual observer, the only noticeable difference between this and the real Beretta is how the underside of the grip looks. When shooting this one, however, you immediately realize that there are no actual de-cock or slide lock levers. You de-cock by engaging the safety and don't lock the slide at all.

This is probably the perfect air gun for people who own automatic firearms and want to keep the feel of shooting one when they plink. It might also be a good way to introduce novice shooters to both the weight and the recoil of a mid-sized, small caliber automatic. Once the novice is comfortable with this, they could graduate to something in, say, a .380 or 9mm. The only major difference would be in the noise level.

Conversely, I do wish this gun had adjustable sights, but I'm not losing any sleep over that. As with many fixed-sight firearms, you get acquainted with your individual gun and learn to compensate for any flaws in its aim. Alternatively, you could invest in a laser sight and go all Splinter Cell on your soda cans if you want to.

Lastly, the magazine holds 8 rounds at each end (BB or pellet). So you fire 8, flip it over and fire 8 more. If we consider all 16 rounds to be one mag, I find I can usually get about 3, maybe 4 mags' worth of wadcutter pellet shots before the 12g CO2 cylinder peters out.

All in all, I think this is a fine little air gun. I was a little leery of paying this much for an air pistol, but now that I've shot a few rounds with it, I'm really glad I got the PX4.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 6, 2008
I love this gun. It looks and feel, even shoots like real gun (blowback.)
It comes with 1 16 round clip (actually, it's a clip with 8 rounds on each end.) When you finish the first 8 round, you have to slide the clip out and reinsert the other end. Accuracy is so and so, and since this is a blowback pellet gun, the velocity drops below 400 fps (380.) Extra clips available for around $10 each. I gave it a 3 star due to the way the CO2 is loaded. You have to tighten an inner screw, then tighten the 360 degree outer pressure pad on the outside at the bottom of the handle. You have to guess, to get it right. If not it's either too tight (at which the outer pad cannot sit properly,) or too loose (no power or leaks.) See all my reviews for other BB and pellet guns.

mgso
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 8, 2010
Verified Purchase
Now this gun is what most people are looking for. It feels great in your hands. Perfect length of the handle for any type of hands. Clip release button is right there for your thumb, unlike the Beretta Elite 2 bb gun where it's harder to reach with the thumb.

This gun has an all metal barrel and hammer which makes it heavy, like the real version. The lower half is made of tough, hard plastic which reinforces the toughness of the metal barrel. Nice.

The clip itself is a cheap plastic bb/pellet holder instead of all metal. It's a cheap design clip. Not good. I mean, if you were to look at the bottom of the handle, you can see this big hole where this clip goes into. There are no flushed covering to it to conceal like most other guns. However, the capability to shoot pellets is nice. Most pistols don't shoot pellets, but bbs. You can use just about any type of .177 caliber pellets. I have the RWS sharp tipped pellets. Does good damage.

The replica is incredible. Just like the real PX4 Storm. I've seen and held the real version. Not bad at all. You can cock the barrel back or pull the hammer down. The 3-dot eyesight is excellent for accuracy. It aims well and is very accurate for blowback action.

The only part of this gun that is cheap plastic are the clip, CO2 cartridge cover, and the front of the handle. Mostly the handle part is of cheap to heavy plastic composite. Everything else is metal and strong plastic.

Upon shooting, I find that pellets have more accuracy than bbs. Oh, the bbs and pellets load into the clip and stays by magnets. Neat. If you throw it around or shake it real hard, it will get loose and get stuck in the gun. Then you have to shake it loose.
on December 29, 2011
Verified Purchase
This is the first CO2 pistol I have owned. I saw it on the Outdoor Channel Show, "American Rifleman" as a special feature. I was looking for an "introductory" pistol to teach my wife and daughter pistol shooting skills. All of the rules for shooting were reviewed while handling the CO2 gun. Neither previously had shot. The review on the Outdoor Channel stressed the realism of the feel and handling of the pistol. The blowback feature provides an accurate experience for the novice or the experienced shooter who wants to practice indoors in the winter months. Even though the pistol isn't as powerful as others, knock down ability isn't the goal. The pistol is accurate, sufficiently loud and a great deal of fun. The magazines are easy to load. I have two extras so I don't have to stop as often to reload because that can be tedious, especially to the novice. I disagree with the comments about the CO2 cartridge being difficult to load. Like anything, there is a knack to it and it is quite easy after a few reloads. The CO2 doesn't last as long and the power is slightly less than the other pistols because of the blowback feature. There is a compromise there, but entirely worth it from my point of view because of the valuable practice that can be had with the blowback feature. For those reading this review who are also novices to shooting sports, blowback occurs when the slide (top portion of the firearm) sharply moves to the back of the gun and then forward again as part of the process of ejecting the spent (just fired cartridge) shell and sending a new cartridge into the chamber to be fired. This blowback action occurs in semi-automatic pistols and can be distracting to the shooter. The pistol is an amazingly accurate replica of the Beretta PX4. The weight of the pistol is an excellent introduction to shooting. The progression from the Beretta CO2 PX4 to the 22LR Sig Mosquito was seamless. No surprises from either my wife or daughter and thus no flinching! After the comfort level and accuracy with the small bore is accomplished, then they can progress to center fire pistols of higher calibers.
on April 28, 2010
This unit has near-heft of the real deal! Very solid and excellent detail. Be advised this will get you shot for real if you do something stupid like "flash" it around. I spent some time in LE and if someone pulled it on you there is not a jury in the world [except Kalifornia] that would prosecute you if you returned "real" fire. That being said it is not and should not be a kid's toy. The reason I purchased it is to start training my young son in the safety, use, marksmanship of firearms. I thought something with real heft, blowback action would be great [male-bonding]. We are setting up an area in the garage to practice. This unit came today and I wasted no time getting it out of the box, it is very user friendly and I was firing my first shot in minutes. I shot it at 20' and immedately got a 2-2.5" group with rapid fire. The pressure and accuracy will be lower with rapid fire, taking my time with a couple of seconds between shots accuracy did improve a bit. I intend to primarily shoot bb's thru it but the ability to fire pellets is a plus. I know some folks who have reviewed this gun knocked its long-rang abilities. I guess you have to know what you are buying and for what purpose. I don't feel is is a realistic expectation to be able to snipe a varmit from 100' down range. For that and further you need to spend at least $500 on an air rifle. My intent was 20' and less training exercises and maybe popping one of the varmits that insist on digging holes in my backyard. My son's first experience with this pistol[or any]today was great, at 6 years old he put all of the steel on paper with an exceptional grouping. I'd like to say that my instruction was the key but I have to admitt that this is a very accurate model and that he has natural ability, granted he was about 8' away from the paper. The last aspect is the "cool-factor" my little guy gives this thing the respect it deserves b/c he equates the look and weight with a real pistol. I can already tell he is serious about learning how to shoot.

This was one of the rare instances that I did not buy thru Amazon, their price was close but I had a special deal thru a dealer who occasionaly sells on Amazon. I suggest to anyone that you deceide what your needs are and utilize the information on the web to do the research. Youtube is a great resource. My first impressions are very high. I will update this review as we continue to use this great pistol so you all can benefit from it as time goes by.
on July 3, 2011
Verified Purchase
I have a feeling that's what the designers had in mind for the .177 version of the PX4 at any rate. This is a reasonably accurate copy of the full sized Beretta PX4 Storm... I say reasonable as certain functions that are present on the real gun such as the safety are molded in and have no functional value on this version. However, unless someone were to actually pick it up to look at it, this pistol is almost indistinguishable from the real thing! It also has a good weight to it and a surprisingly substantial kick for an airgun. Also makes a pretty good report when fired, so this pistol has a lot of visceral appeal to it.

Accuracy is fair... for having a rifled barrel and the ability to shoot pellets, I was expecting a little better results. Right now getting about an inch and a half spread @20 ft. However, this is still a new gun and things might settle down as I continue to break it in.

Power: Until I have a chance to run it under a chrony, I really can't give an objective number. However I suspect that the factory numbers are pretty accurate @ ~380 FPS. Thing is that some of the power is being siphoned off to work the blowback mechanism. For plinking and fun, this is not really an issue however as a pistol like this was never intended for pest control.

Things I liked:

Magazine: Ability to shoot BBs and pellets is a cool feature, and the reason why the designers chose to put two 8 round rotary clips at each end of the magazine. Magazine extracts easily and simply a matter of flipping it around to fire off an additional 8 shots. Need to pay attention to loading it though as it is easy to load pellets in backwards. Maybe a sticker here would have been a good idea?

Ergonomics: As mentioned above, this gun really does feel great in hand. Combined with the blowback, this gun is really fun to shoot.

Accessory rail: Many air pistols come with some kind of rail these days, but still a nice feature to have for mounting a laser.

Things I didn't like:

Safety: Bad, bad, bad! For a right hand shooter, it's located on the wrong side, and the required motion to operate it one handed is very awkward along with a possible risk of dropping the weapon in the process. To switch the safety back to "fire" mode requires two hands as there is a small slide that must be pushed in order to move the safety up.

Trigger: Another area with room for improvement. Tested the trigger pull to 6 lbs... slightly on the heavy side for my tastes but I can deal with that. Also trigger assembly has a lot of travel in single action mode. Part I didn't care for was that it would travel to a point where everything tightens up and feels like it's ready to engage, only that the trigger then will snap back to a second point where it tightens up again and is finally ready to engage.

Sights: Wish they were adjustable. 'Nuff said!

Verdict:

Good gun for plinking and fun. Where I really see the value of something like this is in training for practical shooting type events or handling an automatic pistol in general as the action and general feel is very authentic. Despite the shortcomings, the PX4 really is a lot of fun and very satisfying to shoot. That's why I give it 4 stars!
on September 13, 2013
Verified Purchase
first off this is a NICE pistol it feels nice in your hand and the recoiling slide gives you a realistic feel. if you plan to shoot ordinary pellets out of this pistol you will have to compensate your sight picture a lot. I shot at a target 20 feet away and used crossman pointed premium pellets that are 7.4 grain. this were consistently high and to the left. I then bought some eun jin pellets that were 16.1 grains and they were right on. unfortunately they did not feed in the magazine (DO NOT USE!). Then I tried crossman ultra magnum 10.5 grain domed they were center high.Then I tried RWS super dome 8.3 grain and they were center but even higher. My best grouping was H&N sport Baracuda Hunter which were 10.34 grains (hollow point) which were pretty much right on target and fed great in my magazine.
on July 15, 2010
Verified Purchase
Very powerful weapon. Very realistic look and feel. I do recommend buying this weapon if you enjoy Blow back Co2 pistols. A very few minor flaws with the gun.

Pros: -Awesome feel and weight to the gun.
-Very powerful weapon.
-Shoots BB's and Pellets which is great.
-The sights on the gun work great.

Cons: -You can't tighten the knob too much when you are putting the Co2 canister into the gun or else when you are turning the latch at the bottom it'll literally take superman to finish turning the latch. You might have to waste a canister of Co2 if you cannot finish turning it.
-The guns blow back does not stay back after your clip is empty.
-Safety is super hard for both lefty and right handed people. A bit easier for lefty's because you can use your thumb.
-BB's fall out of clip easily.
-Eats up Co2 fast.

I know it looks like more cons then pros but they are very minor like I said. It really is an awesome gun. I just think it could be fixed up just a bit and price dropped a lot...
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 5, 2011
Verified Purchase
I went from an old Crosman 357 to this piece of fine art. The gun was everything as I expected and came right on the day and time as promised so I am perfectly happy. One thing I am upset about is that theres only one mag included. I highly recommend buying one or two extra since it runs out very quickly. Very satisfied and am looking forward to purchasing the Beretta Storm Air Gun, that thing looks amazing.

Pros:
-Feels and looks like the real deal
-Easy to use
-Powerful
-Quite accurate at a distance of 10-15 meters

Cons:
-Only one mag
-I wish the bottom butt of the gun extended more to cover up the mag (to look more close to real deal) but its okay
-The CO2 cover falls out/is too loose