Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Bergan Catnip Hurricane Cat Toy
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Previously we had the version with scratching cardboard in the center. Our cats loved it - both the ball and the scratcher. However, our pup kept peeing on the cardboard - something about it made him think it was the place to go.

We recently received this one, with two ball rings, and both the cats and dog love it! When the dog is not dominating it (growling and chasing the balls - see my uploaded pictures...) one of our cats in particular will usually be there batting and rolling the ball around.

This model seems to be the regular one, that would normally have a cardboard center, as well as a smaller ring as well. If you wanted to you could separate them and order the cardboard scratcher refills for the big one and have two separate toys.

Great toy for pets!
review image review image
22 comments|78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2012
This toy is so much fun for my kitties, who are a little less than a year old. One of them sneaks up on the balls, pounces, and chases them back and forth. The other likes to stick his paws out in the track and bat the balls back and forth to himself. They stuck it partially under a piece of furniture and now seem to enjoy that the balls disappear and reemerge. The coolest thing, though, is that they will play together occupying opposite sides of the toy or I can play with one of them in this fashion. Hands down, it's a great toy!
VINE VOICEon February 5, 2012
I got this for my cat and he has played with it several times a day since I received it. He loves to spin the balls around the tracks, and sometimes he gets them going in opposite directions and manages to play for a long time (he has kind of a short attention span, and this is the longest he has ever persisted in anything that wasn't a nap). He doesn't seem interested in the catnip, but he has always been a little hit-or-miss about catnip (mostly miss). Overall, he loves the toy and I am glad I got it for my furry friend.
1111 comments|53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 25, 2013
Right outta the box they were on it. Sure it's partly the smell of catnip (in the factory air I guess) even tho I haven't poured any into the toy. I also bought the two for $6 cardboard ctrs, separated the two parts of the two track toy, inserted one of the cardboard ctrs into the larger section and now have two toys.

My 17 yr old instantly played w/ the bigger section. Was batting the ball around between sessions of rubbing her head all over the toy because of the factory catnip odor. There must be a ring of neighborhood cats surrounding that factory if my cat goes nuts w/o my even using any of the inc'd dried catnip. The factory workers must have cats following them home! I'll sprinkle a lil' bit of the dried catnip on the cardboard ctr later.

Her two 12 yr old sons played w/ the separated smaller ctr part of the toy very quickly also. Tag teamed it, one swatting the ball, while the other sat opposite moving his head in circles watching the ball. Then they'd switch jobs.

I'm very happy w/ my purchase. Have just ordered two more. One to place in another part of the house and one for the rear deck for visiting friendly neighborhood/stray cats that often cut thru my yard and sometimes sun themselves on the deck.

On a carpet it's just fine but for tile, vinyl, wood floors I'm going to hot glue gun dots along the bottom for traction.
on April 17, 2012
The Hurricane Cat Toy is fantastic. The cats are extremely interested in it nearly all day, which keeps them occupied; including my older cat who just loves it. It is a very good sized toy, quite sturdy, safe, well made, and arrives ready-to-use. You can add catnip (included) to the top, or you can put any small toy in the top holder to add to the fun. The two tracks are wide and easily accommodate cats with large feet as they bat the balls around the tracks. It is the best interactive toy I've ever purchased for them. Made in the U.S.
on September 28, 2012
This was not my cat's first Bergan toy, I look for the name because I know I'll be getting a durable toy made in the USA. I was a little disappointed when at first my cat just didn't seem interested in it. He's not a catnip fiend, so sprinkling that on it didn't work. But he is a hunter! I took the packing paper that the toy came wrapped in, unfolded it and spread it over the toy so that only a bit of the track peeked out--and instantly I had a hit on my hands. He can't resist walking past it now without a pounce and a paw-punch that sends either of the balls rocketing in a circle. I'd say it's now his favorite toy!
on April 18, 2013
I was excited to see the product when I opened it and my two cats instantly loved it. However, within 30 minutes, the top level had broken away from the bottom level, and now we have two separate circles. It would have been nice to have the original stacking circles for more than a half hour, and we would have, if it was sturdier. But I guess it worked out because there are now two circles, one for each cat.
on March 7, 2012
I could tell what was in the box by the sound of the balls moving in the track, and so could one of our cats, he came over before I even opened it ! The two concentric tracks should really give them something to think about, add catnip and they'll love it :)
on July 12, 2015
Toy was just delivered and on a Sunday so we were home all day and get to watch the kitties enjoy their new toy. They immediately got into a disagreement about who got to play first. The catnip made them pretty nuts. The toy got a little messy because they drooled and chewed all over it, and kept trying to stick their heads into the middle hole where the catnip sits. They are definitely having a good time with it, and do swat at the balls a bit. Mainly they are rolling around on top of it though and trying to get at the catnip lol. Most likely once the odor wears down they will focus more on the balls.
review image review image review image review image review image
on December 13, 2013
I've got two medium sized cats. One had the center "catnip holder" off within the first hour. The second had the blue ring separated from the green one within the next hour. I put it back together and saw why it came apart so easily. There are 4 "D" shaped tabs that are supposed to hold the blue ring to the green ring. There are two problems: 1) there is a bunch of plastic molding flash that was never cleaned up around the "D" tabs which prevents the tabs from fully engaging into the slots. 2) there are only 2 slots on the blue ring for the 4 tabs on the green ring to engage. the other two sides are scalloped in that area so you can't even cut 2 more slots if you wanted to.

Just very poor design and sloppy assembly. Really sad because it wouldn't have taken much extra to make it right.

So, why 3 stars instead of 1 or 2? Because the cats still enjoy the two, now separate, rings so it's not a total loss. And I still have the option of slapping it together from time to time to let them burn off some of their destructiveness tearing it back apart. I could also glue it together permanently, but they seem to be happy with each of them having a ring to play with.