‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars does the job, December 26, 2010
This review is from: Bergeon 6767 Springbar Tool
This springbar is a no frills tool that does the job. It is entirely metal and I've successfully used it on several high quality watches. I would recommend this tool over the plastic or partial plastic models.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Tool: Be sure to specify if you want F or S version, June 15, 2012
This review is from: Bergeon 6767 Springbar Tool
There are two types of this tool, the S and F versions. I assumed this was the F or Fine tool, it is not.

I am currently contacting the seller to see if F tools are available.

I can't use the S tool I received as it is too large, but it is still a quality Bergeon tool.

EDIT: The seller has since shipped me an F tool and I was able to fix my watch. Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Right Tool for the Job, June 15, 2014
This review is from: Bergeon 6767 Springbar Tool
I had put off buying a proper springbar tool for a long time, trying to make due with the cheap/free springbar tools such as the one I had from one of those 18 piece watch repair kits that you can buy for $6. Those were rather frustrating times, especially because those tools often couldn't fit into solid endlinks to change bracelets.

After trying the 6767, I immediately noticed the difference. The tool feels very solid in hand as it should for a tool that costs about $25. It is substantial in hand and feels like a real quality piece. Then I tested the function. The FINE fork fit into the gap in the end links of my Omega Speedmaster Pro bracelet and worked perfectly. There was no hesitation, no squirming around to try to fit in forks that were too big, and I had the bracelet off in seconds. The pusher on the other end also worked perfectly to adjust micro-adjust in the clasp. I will never go back to a lesser tool and expect the Bergeon to last a lifetime based on the build quality. Also, if I accidentally snap the fork, replacements are available for about $3.

If you change straps somewhat often and don't currently use a proper tool (I'm looking at those guys who cut a notch in a fine screwdriver), just put down the money and buy one of these tools. It'll make your life so much better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now I clean my watch band regularly., July 3, 2011
This review is from: Bergeon 6767 Springbar Tool
I like this tool because it is sturdy, easy to use and now I clean my watch bands regularly. I have two watches that are age 8 and 12 years. The expansion bands were building up interior dirt. Now every few months I remove the bands and clean them in dish soap and water. Just last week I cleaned one band after spilling coffee on it. This tool makes that easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars The right tool for the job., November 28, 2010
This review is from: Bergeon 6767 Springbar Tool
Sizing a watch (or anything where you need to remove pins or spring bars) is often a frustrating exercise involving paper clips or other improvised tools. This can lead to scratched watches, broken parts, or a hole in your finger. As infrequently as I use this tool, it has paid for itself many times over. You can exert a huge amount of force with precision, and get a tough job done instantly. The tool looks crude, but it is obviously what works best (this is something you will find on watchmakers work benches across the globe). Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Tool, May 21, 2013
This review is from: Bergeon 6767 Springbar Tool
This is a good tool for Brietling Superocean and other watches which match the fork size. The tool arrived promptly, just as described.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for replacing watch bands, July 31, 2013
This review is from: Bergeon 6767 Springbar Tool
If you do not want to get frustrated and curse a blue streak, and you plan on changing watch bands, get this tool. This is the easiest and slickest tool, for changing out those little spring-loaded devices (looks like a mini-metal version of a toilet paper holder spring-loaded bar) that hold a watch band in place. My friend Lily has lots of watches. Most of them, she hadn't used in decades because the bands broke, or they were missing bands altogether. I bought this little gizmo and she is yippee-skippy about all of her "new" watches that she can wear again. She even had an abalone covered stretchy metal band, which never had a watch face, so we did a little mix and match with her other watches and she is thrilled to be wearing it. She had that abalone band for over twenty years and never attached a watch face to it, so it just sat and sat in her jewelry box, looking sad and pathetic. Now it brings a huge smile to her face. Two seconds with this device and presto...she has about 20 newly repaired watches to choose from!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 9, 2014
This review is from: Bergeon 6767 Springbar Tool
perfect tool for breitling watch!! saw the person at the watch store using the same tool~

5.0 out of 5 stars This Tool Fixed My Watch Band ~ Yea!, October 27, 2011
This review is from: Bergeon 6767 Springbar Tool
I can't say how long it will last as I've only used it once, but it was simple to attach my band using this tool. I'm always having trouble with watch bands as I need a longer one than most watches come with, in addition to them wearing out or breaking. I finally quit wearing my watch because I couldn't get the bar on the band snapped in. Then looked on-line to see if there was a tool so I could do it myself instead of trying to find a store that would do it for me when I didn't purchase it there. Researched these tools and saw most didn't last long, but this brand has a good reputation and I want one that will last for repeated use. I was also impressed that it arrived wrapped in tissue paper in a box. Says something about the quality as well as encourages me to treat it with respect. Wish I had known about these years ago!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tool. Solves a common issue for watch owners., July 10, 2014
This review is from: Bergeon 6767 Springbar Tool
Exactly as described and very well made. I now can change my watch bands at will. Saves me trips to the store.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›