Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Color: Fluorescent OrangeChange
Price:$3.41+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on August 2, 2007
I have used variations of this bait for many years. It should be illegal it is so good, especially on hatchery raised trout. I suggest you snag any non-floating formula you can and rig it with a bobber for the kids. They are sure to get some action off the bottom using the floating formula, but they would likely enjoy watching that bobber go under if they used the non-floating kind.
on March 28, 2012
Bait and switch-----red the ripper's ad shows two bottles of red power bait for $10.79----
He ships ONE only-------the most expensive price I could find in any store for the same one bottle is $6----
SILLY ME------DON'T LET IT HAPPEN TO YOU-----------
on July 9, 2013
I fish Citico Creek a lot through out the year. This product works great up there and on the Tellico side also. The hatchery fish are fed brown pellets since birth. That is all they are used to. So when you wrap some of this brown putty around your hook into a little ball the trout goes crazy for it. It stays on your hook better than any other brand I have tried also and I have tried them all it seems. It has a scent and flavor the trout seemed to really like.
on April 4, 2015
The picture shows two bottles of power bait, but you are really buying only one. Two bottles at that price would be a good deal even with the shipping. But for only one bottle it is not deal at all!! I was extremely disappointed, to say the least!!
on March 31, 2015
I hadn't been trout fishing in over twenty years. Always used rooster tails or salmon eggs etc.
Now I am old and needed a place to bankfish and easy bait. Locals said use POWERBAIT . I go huh?
I get to the old man fishing place a small lake..go in the only store in the area (small) and lo and behold.
They got powerbait coming out their ears. I was picking up the jars and trying to decide when the young lady clerk came up beside and pointed out the Rainbow flavor. Said it works best. So I get rainbow and this orange.
Caught 2 on orange and 5 on rainbow. Like a previous reviewer said... you need to slim down your glob on the hook
Squish it flat almost on hook but cover it.. . I kept getting robbed by mr. wily trout until I slimmed it out. Then Started catching evry third bite or so. Anyway this is the new velveeta I guess . worked for this old coot. Put on bottom with weight about 1 foot back...depending the weeds. sic em now.
on April 27, 2012
Before this, I was an avid worm user.
But I tried this while fishing in Western NC, and caught 7 (8-10inch) trout in 1 hour. Easily a substitute for worms.

Me and my brother just back from fishing, he used worms, I used this exclusively. He caught 7, I caught 10, and i'm the fishing noob. Threw some young trout back but managed to net a 12 inch Brook.

When rigging, streamline the dough to the hook, don't make a big blob. I always use a splitshot about 6 inches above the hook to sink this. Yes this is Floating Trout dough, but underwater, its a killer. Cast, jerk, slowly reel, jerk, slowly reel, feel for bites after the jerk. Guaranteed to piss off the most stubborn non-eating fish to bite.

I was a non-believer to artificial bait until I got this. Only use this FL Orange color! I made sure to stock up on this.
on April 1, 2014
this is the first bait in the water then chartreuse followed by capt america (red, white and blue). never fails to catch fish, mouse tails seem to work as well but are too expensive...

we catch limits or near limits most of the time so we haven't tried other types of bait.
on June 26, 2013
HAVE USED THIS IN MY TROUT BAIT ROTATION HERE IN WESTERN WASHINGTON; I'VE CAUGHT TROUT WITH IT, BUT THERE ARE MORE EFFECTIVE VERSIONS OF POWERBAIT THAT I USE, MAINLY THE GARLIC INFUSED POWERBAIT AND GULP ALIVE PRODUCTS.
on January 14, 2015
Berkley powerbait is the top of the line for trout bait. This variety is biodegradable and floats. I use either the glitter or the garlic scent where I fish. Chartreuse and rainbow seem to work best for my spots.
on April 18, 2013
This seems to fall off the hook a lot more than regular powerbait. It may be because of this that I didn't catch nearly as many fish as with the regular powerbait on the last trip.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse