5.0 out of 5 stars Best All Around Line For The Money
Published on November 9, 2011 by tuna can

3.0 out of 5 stars Great fishing line
I regularly use big game in different poundage on most all my rods. Great inexpensive product. Only complaint was I was misled on the size of the spool and thought I was purchasing a large spool not a small spool. It was actually cheaper at Walmart
Published on December 1, 2012 by Christopher Weatherspoon

5.0 out of 5 stars Best All Around Line For The Money, November 9, 2011
This review is from: Berkley Trilene Big Game Monofilament Custom Spool (Sports)
Big Game works well, has good knot strength, has low memory, behaves well during casts on baitcasting and spinning reels, has good abrasion resistence, and is very affordable. I have used 10 to 15 lb Big Game for freshwater school size striped bass and saltwater calico bass with no problems. I have also used 20 to 60 lb Big Game for multi-day Baja trips for tuna and yellowtail also with no problems. When you go on multi-day baja trips you end up spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars on the trip, fish cleaning, tips, etc. Using Big Game line is a good way to get good quality line at an affordable price. There are lines out there that might be better and cost way more but also might have too much memory (too stiff) or perform strangely during casts (i.e,Maxima, Izorline). Big Game is user friendly, likely wont let you down, and wont break the bank.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for Walleye, April 22, 2011
I use Berkley Trilene Big Game Monofilament (20lb. test) when fishing for walleye from shore on the Missouri river in North Dakota. Conditions are very tough on fishing line because you have to drag through various obstacles such as rocks, weeds, willow trees, etc. This line does the job as well as can be expected under these conditions and it will take a lot of damage without snapping. It does get more "memory" than some other monofilament lines I've used, but nothing so bad as to prevent me from continuing to use it. I use this line on spinning and spincasting reels without any problems. The last walleye I caught in 2010 was just over 10 lbs. and I was glad I had Big Game on my reel.

Update: 2011-09-25
******************
I like this line so well I bought two more spools.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It, June 14, 2010
This is my favorite line for catfishing. I've caught plenty of big cats with it with no problems. Even after getting rolled around on the rocks, it may be frayed but it has never broken. I tried braid for a while, too many breaks from getting sliced on the rocks, came back to the Big Game mono.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Line for the Money, April 7, 2012
Barbara (Woodstock, VA) - See all my reviews
The 10 lb solar collector color trilene line is hard to find in the stores. I received the line within 4 days of ordering from vendor. I love this line. Its a strong and durable product. Its my favorite line to use. The Solar Collector color is easy to see against the water. It arrived just in time for me to catch a 22 inch flounder before leaving Florida. Love it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Rockfishing in SoCal, April 26, 2013
Very visible, especially for fishing for rockfish. I usually use 50-65 LBS Braid with Mono leader, but using this helped me see the leader in the water since I use green braid most of the time. Not sure if it had the effect, but I have caught more with the Solar Collector as the leader than standard clear, green, or steel blue lines.

4.0 out of 5 stars what you expect from Berkley, March 15, 2013
this line performed good I used it surf fishing and it casts good didn't have any bird nest problems. several cast and line relaxed and had no real memory problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I orderd, January 30, 2013
This line is exactly as I expected. 1700 yds of a dark clear green 8 pound test line. Seems to hold knots really well but doesn't kink much. Very good line for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars big game, April 2, 2011
this line is good i read other reviews saying it was bad line if your going to order 30 pound test line like i did make sure you got at least a size 50 reel using thick line on a small reel wont work with any line. this is better then the stren line i had before recomend this line to people that know how to fish

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT FISHING LINE, March 1, 2011
this is a very good fishing line ..and i know because last time i was fishing and i caugth a big fish
but the line i was using was not good enough and the fish broke the line that's why i change to berkley .. ang in here they have good deals..
have fun fishing

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Line, January 19, 2013
Nati (Cincinnati, OH) - See all my reviews
It was cheaper here than it was at my local outdoor shop for the same brand length and weight rating.