The successor to Bern’s original visor lid (the Baker - patent # US D572, 865 S), the Watts combines a visor with top and back vents to provide a balance of airflow and style. Sun, rain and snow - you name it - the Watts defends against it.
Available as a Hard Hat with a burly ABS shell with multiple-impact soft Brock® foam or as a helmet with ABS shell and EPS hard foam. EPS hard foam meets ASTM F 2040 and EN 1077B standards for snow and ski, CPSC and EN 1078 standards for bike and skate. Hard Hats with Brock soft foam do not meet the standards for action sport head protection.
Bern Unlimited is a lifestyle action sport company specializing in head protection for non-motorized action sports. Bern is passionate, focused and committed to providing skaters, snowboarders, skiers, bikers and wakeboarders with adaptable All Season head protection that fits each rider’s individual personality and style. Bern also offers action sport enthusiasts other products that promote and complement their lifestyles. Bern’s mission is to deliver products that action sports participants want before they know they want them. Through new designs, engineering and development, Bern has driven the evolution of head protection. These key Bern differences are designed to enhance your performance, comfort, quality, style and the overall experience of doing what you love to do.
Bern’s unique, customizable All Season interchangeable liner system allows you to use your lid year round. Just snap the knit of your choice into your lid. From breezy summer visors, to toasty winter knits, to Bern’s high quality “8tracks” audio system, we have you covered for any adventure. Fine tune the airflow of your Bern lid with the included vent cover and attach your optical gear securely with the detachable goggle clip.
Burly ABS Shell with patented Brock soft foam
- Shell: Thicker ABS shell specifically designed for Brock foam
- Impact Foam: Soft and breathable Brock foam for multiple low-impact protection
- Features: Brock is open cell foam which allows air to circulate through the foam and out the lid, keeping you cool and dry.
- Standards: Hard Hats do not meet action sports head protection standards. Hard Hats are designed to protect against multiple lower force impacts and may prevent concussions when hard foam helmets will not.
- Material: [shell] carbon fiber; [impact foam] EPS
- Adjustable Vents: no
- Fit Adjustment: adjustable knit (3 sizes)
- Certifications: CPSC, ASTM F 2040, EN 1077B, EN 1078
- Claimed Weight: 12.8 oz
- Recommended Use: skiing, snowboarding, biking, skating
- Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year