5.0 out of 5 stars Dealing with old gas in snow blower engine
I saw a recommendation to use B-12 to deal with the problems caused by leaving gas in an engine for a long period of time. My snow blower was sputtering and running very rough. I used 1 oz. of B-12 in the gas tank and within a relatively short period of time the engine was running smoothly again.
Published 8 months ago by Robert V. Meushaw

3.0 out of 5 stars didn't seem to help much
I really cannot gauge the effectiveness of the product though I have been happy with how BG 44K and Red Line Sl-1 injector cleaners have worked. This product did not appear to make any difference though I cannot be certain it was the right product for the situation. It may be a good product for a different situation.
Published 14 months ago by C. Schultz

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Dealing with old gas in snow blower engine, December 8, 2013
This review is from: Berryman 0116 B-12 Chemtool Carburetor/Fuel Treatment and Injector Cleaner - 15 oz. (Automotive)

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it, February 19, 2014
This stuff works awesome, helped smooth out my xt350 without tearing up any seals or gaskets. I don't like to put mechanical faith into things that come out of a can, but this stuff works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Was running rough, now does not miss a beat!, November 21, 2011
My 2002 explorer was running rough and stalled this morning when the defroster kicked on. All of this after I changed my battery last night. When the batteey was out, the system resets and because the system was somewhat fouled, it was running rough due to the fouled sensor. The added load of the compressor starting is what caused the stall this morning. So I dumped in a can of B-12 Chemtool and filled up the tank... no problem now, literally within minutes I can now run the compressor and the car is running much better. This stuff is amazing, be careful to not spill it on the outside of the car as it can mess up the paint job. I also use it in my yard tools every now and then, just a little bit keeps them running smooth year after year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Uinbelievable but true story about Engine cranking after setting in storage for 9 years., May 25, 2014
This is a true story because I would not want to mislead anyone. This weekend I took a pressure washer out of my storage unit that has been in storage since 2005 without being touched. I brought it home and put gasoline into the tank and would not, of course start. I pulled bowl off carburetor and it was a horrible dark brown, almost black sticky gummy mess. The bowl was full of old smelly 9 year old fuel. This is a 13 HP Honda Engine on a 3500 PSI Karsten pressure washer. I replaced the bowl an put almost a whole can of this Berryman in the tank and poured a small amount into the top of the carburetor and let it set for about 45 minutes. I pulled on the engine and on the third pull it started running and kept running like brand new. I was simply amazed. I am not stretching this story. It is true. This is amazing stuff. I figured when I brought it home I was going to have to rebuild the carburetor because it had been setting up since 2005. Berrryman B-12 to the rescue.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good routine for a sports car, April 16, 2014
Run this twice a month in my camaro. Keeps the injectors clean and the car running at the best it can be!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best fuel system cleaner out there., April 6, 2014
I have an old 98 Windstar that will misfire due to a sticky injector and trigger the engine light. I tried Seafoam in the tank and even through a vacuum line and it did not fix the issue. I add a can of B12 and van runs like new. I need to add a can twice a year and the Van is good. My wife's G6 had a hesitation on acceleration, one can of this, problem solved. I used this in my Bike and it runs like new, same with my lawnmower and snow blower one ounce per gallon. One last thing I noticed is I get about 50+ more miles on a tank of gas with this stuff than without. I drive from Chicago to Indy every week and can make the round trip 440 miles on one tank in my 05 Grand Prix with a 3 dollar can of B12 otherwise I gotta stop and fill up on the way home. Get yourself a can, it saves money!

5.0 out of 5 stars NO MORE P0491 P0492 ON MY CAR, September 2, 2013
I used this product along with Berkebile Oil Company 2+2 Instant Gum Cutter to clean the carbon deposit from the secondary air pump system on my 2005 BMW 545i. Took about an hour but it worked like magic. Combination of both products opened up all the ports. NO MORE P0491 P0492 ON MY CAR.

I had tried Seafoam in the past but seafoam is not as strong and will not break away carbon. Dont waste your money on expensive stuff when they are not as potent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product! The price.....not so much., July 13, 2014
This is a great product. If you are buying it you already know what it does, no need for details. My issue is with the price increase on here, much cheap other places, or you can buy it by the case which equals to about half the price of buying each can individually, as of this writing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 7, 2014
Came as expected. Seems to improved idle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Do you believe in miracles?, July 2, 2014
Had to DJ an outdoor event at a summer camp for several hundred children. 30 minutes before showtime, my Honda EU2000i generator decides it wants to run rough. Go figure!

Luckily, there was an auto parts store down the street. I asked for Seafoam, but they didn't carry it. My choices were B-12, Gumout, STP or Techron. On a hunch, I bought the B-12 and returned to the camp where I added about 2oz of it to the fuel tank. Started it up and still ran rough. However within 30-40 seconds, the idle miraculously smoothed out and my generator was running normal. For the next 3 hours, my generator ran smoothly and allowed me to perform my gig.

B-12 Chemtool saved my A$$ and I am eternally grateful! For what it's worth, I always used 89 octane and treated/stabilized it with Seafoam. Fuel in generator was "maybe" 6 weeks old. Called my small engine mechanic to explain what happened. He told me to avoid Seafoam because they changed the formula to a high isopropyl alcohol content and it is not as effective as it once was.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›