5.0 out of 5 stars If your stuck on level 1-15....
Published 19 months ago by E. Jay

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs more tutorials and/or diagrams!
Published 19 months ago by Tara

5.0 out of 5 stars If your stuck on level 1-15...., February 16, 2013
This review is from: Spirit Catcher (App)
I got stuck on level 1-15, thought it was impossible to beat, so I used my 1 spirit bomb that you get initially, to clear the stage. I was stuck on the next level as well, got really frustrated, because I was enjoying the game so much, and didn't want to give up on it. Then by complete accident, I landed the bomb on the small right angle, bridge-looking thing, and discovered the spring board. The game never explains that their are spring board. I then was able to beat it, go back and beat 1-15, and continue the game.
Normally, I would have to dock a star on my rating for this, but the game is so addictive and fun, I got it for free as the FAOD, and it has very low permissions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun and worth replaying, February 16, 2013
This review is from: Spirit Catcher (App)
The game play is similar to Angry Birds but has more options in terms of adding value going back and playing previous levels. As you play, you get points that allow you increase skills which help increase scores. Once you upgrade, you can go back to an earlier level to try to get a better score.

The object of the game is to get the demons. When they die, you direct their path to the catcher. As your skills grow, use the path to collect the colored lights. If you collect the lights in groups by color, you gain bonus points. Be careful early on though as you can only guide the spirits for so long. As long as the last direct for the spirits is toward the catcher, you'll pass the level with a higher score.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars, February 17, 2013
Charles Warner (PAPILLION, NEBRASKA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spirit Catcher (App)
Great game love to switch things up. This game also has great graphics amd game play. I have recommended it to all my friends.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Game!!!, February 16, 2013
This review is from: Spirit Catcher (App)
Spirit Catcher is a fun Physics Game that has a combonstion of Shoot the Apple, Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, and more. As of today it is free so I definitely recommend downloading.

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs more tutorials and/or diagrams!, February 17, 2013
This review is from: Spirit Catcher (App)
I didn't have any real problems with the game once I'd finally discovered the "ricochet" physics effect. Problem was the time I wasted searching for it when it could have been explained. Every good game holds your hand and walks you through tutorials so that you can progress through their game without frustration. Knowing what you need to be doing and realizing your flaw in timing or technique is still quite challenging, don't you think?

The chained orbs swing like rubber pendulums waiting to collide and then ricochet in opposite directions. Some moves require activating multiple orbs through a "Newton's Cradle" type effect- which are never explained in the tutorials given.

Other than basic art style, this is not Angry Birds. Once you send the bird flying, you have no other control over the environment until the next slingshot launch. In this game you have to tap different parts of the screen because they activate important trigger objects. Like the ice blocks you have to touch to break... I recommend that you touch every object as soon as the game starts up to see what pieces do. You can always restart after you know for sure.

Finally... some other practical hints (I'll upload more as or if I play more). 1) Spirits can go through objects. There's no need to avoid platforms and fly around them, you can cut through them. 2) Give up trying to get every glow light in the first few levels. You need extra power so that you can make longer trips. That bar at the top of the screen you're so quick to run out of before you can collect all of your items? That's your power bar. 3) When you hit certain square shaped creatures/gargoyles, they can die and then bounce of the screen knocking themselves into other creatures and vanquishing them. 4) Items in bubbles can only be collected if the swinging orbs pass through them. So if a gargoyle dies and becomes a spirit, it will not be able to pick up bubble items. 5) You can get all three stars (perfect level achievement) without having won them in one go. Play once and bounce orbs through item bubbles. Play again and collect as many glow lights as you can. You may need to play again to pick up the remaining lights. Finally, play one more time and send spirits straight into spirit warp without collecting anything. As far as I can tell, one star is for time bonus, one star is for glow light collection, and the last star is for item bubble collection. I've played 10 levels and only twice have I gotten all three stars at once. Despite that, my other completed levels still have 3 starred "perfect score" readouts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool beans, February 16, 2013
This review is from: Spirit Catcher (App)
I am doing this for the SP (spirit points) but also cause the game deserves 5 stars and your $$$. if ur into puzzle-ish type games, that is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful physics game, February 16, 2013
This review is from: Spirit Catcher (App)
This game is a little challenging right from the start. You have to think which chains to cut to drop the ball in the correct position so that you may knock out the little creatures, which releases their spirits. You collect the spirits in the portal and receive points. It seems there is a small badge system which make you want to keep playing so that you can obtain them. This is a different type of game from what I usually play. It is quite enjoyable with good graphics and interesting gameplay and music.

3.0 out of 5 stars not sure yet, February 16, 2013
This review is from: Spirit Catcher (App)
I would rate this game higher if it had better instructions. I haven't figured out exactly what it is I'm supposed to do. The graphics are excellent. No complaints there. I'll just have to keep working on it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Quirky and cute, April 14, 2014
This review is from: Spirit Catcher (App)
I enjoyed Spirit Catcher for a while, but eventually I stopped trying to advance the game and gave it the heave ho. The graphics were quirky and cute though.

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty good, February 15, 2014
This review is from: Spirit Catcher (App)
this game is a bit on the weird side but still fun to play, dont know how to properly explain it so youll just have to try it out

Spirit Catcher