Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $5.99 shipping
+ $7.55 shipping
+ $7.50 shipping
Bessey BPC-H12 1/2-Inch H Style Pipe Clam
|Price:||$15.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$0.20 (1%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- H style base prevents clamps from tipping over
- Crank handle clears work surface when opening and closing the jaw on the clamp
- 4 soft jaw caps are included to prevent damaging materials being clamped
- Durable powder coat finish
- Zinc plated clutch components, black oxide coated threaded spindle
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Size: Glossy Exclusive Paper
Top Customer Reviews
The Bessey 1/2" pipe clamp is a refined version of the Pony #52. Although this clamp is manufactured in China, the clamp is of excellent design and quality.
The clamp utilizes 4 "feet" that elevates and keeps the clamp from rolling while tightening. The feet are hooked on one end, which allows them to be hung on the wall when not in use.
The threads are black oxide coated acme threads with a 2" capacity. The handle is the thumb and handle design; fast and comfortable.
I read some complaints about the locking levers. Every cabinetmaker worth his salt knows to tap the levers with the same mallet used to align the boards being glued. No big deal.
My shop has 50 + clamps. My men always look for the "red Bessey's". We use 1/2" clamps always over the 3/4" size. The 3/4's are heavier and more cumbersome and the clampimg pressure is undecernable.
Overall, this is my "go to" clamp for panel work. I recommend this brand and size.
One hint; Look for sales on this item. Prices range wildly. I found that if you call the toll free order number, you can get substantial discounts in price and shipping if you order in lots of 4, because the clamps ship in a master case of 4.
Cons: 1. The lever that releases the clamp should be longer, more ergonomic, and perhaps coated in rubber.
2. The jaw pads leave oily marks on your wood. They do sand off easily, however Bessey should improve this part of their clamps. I feel like this issue will resolve, as it is probably just a petroleum product from manufacturing.
3. Bessey should manufacture their own pipe and include it with the clamps. Black pipe available from home centers reacts with wood glue and will stain your wood black. I would like to see what Bessey could come up with.
I have had Bessey before, so I bought more to stay with the brand. They have been easy to use. I gave them four stars this time because the pads are loose on the clamps, and come off too easily...not a problem in the past.
* Powder coated paint will hold up
* Smooth rotation on the clamp
* Incredibly cheap compared to alternatives
* Zinc clutch components seem to float around quite a bit making (does not affect use once pipe is installed, minor complaint)
* Zinc clutch could also grip the pipe with a little more force
* Plastic jaw caps could be higher quality and grip onto the jaw better (these slip around and I have to keep sliding them back into place; maybe a little more rubber in the mix?)
Overall, these are great. While I am not 100% happy with the jaw caps, I am giving this five stars because the low cost more than makes up for this problem. For around a quarter of the cost of a clamp set, I have all of the clamp sizes I will ever need. I have already used for two projects and they have worked perfectly.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
These clamps are exactly as advertised. I already had a few of these and really like them. I would recommend these clamps to a friend.Published 13 days ago by Red Vette
The best pipe clamps I have ever used. I highly recommend them.Published 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
I just bought this at Home Depot, and returned them 20 minutes later. The handle is press-fit on, and fell off before I ever got to actually clamp something. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Teddi Schwartze
I give both thumbs up. I concur the praises from other positive reviews:
1. The 1/2-in size is just right for most of my wood-joining jobs. Read more
I like the height of these clamps but the handles fall off. I think they could have been designed better.Published 5 months ago by D Brooke