The Best Books to read on the JFK assassination.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 101 posts in this discussion
Posted on Oct 13, 2012 9:51:23 PM PDT
Can you give me a private way to get in touch with you? And yes, many of the books you have mentioned were ref. in my book. You also have done your homework. Good on ya Jonesy!!

Posted on Oct 13, 2012 9:55:06 PM PDT
Bob, I will call you back.

Posted on Oct 13, 2012 10:06:47 PM PDT
Bob, I will call you back.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2012 10:11:51 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 14, 2012 12:18:25 AM PDT]

Posted on Oct 14, 2012 12:21:10 AM PDT
Yeah, me too.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2012 12:42:41 AM PDT
Jonesy says:
But I found your name so easily, Bob. Nothing is secret on the web. Like your wish list. You might want to make that private. I will be looking for your book. Sounds dead on. Hope you have some good stuff on Allen Dulles, giant traitor that he was. History teacher,huh? Me too. We share a passion for getting it straight. Many people have asked me why I care about who killed Kennedy after all these years: Because they stole our democracy in 1963, because the same powers are still covering it up, and because history matters. Best to you.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2012 12:48:42 AM PDT
Jonesy says:
And oh, yes. Get John Loftus' book, 'America's Nazi Secret' ASAP. It will enrage you and break your heart.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2012 3:03:53 AM PDT
Jonesy says:
Bobkirk47: Did you at one time write an article about heroin being smuggled into the US in body bags?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2012 10:03:15 AM PDT
Yes Jonesy! I know nothing is secret, and I really have not tried to hide much. Some conversations I like to keep private, even though someone can probably find them. The difference is that when you put stuff on these sites you go on record as having said such and such. It has already happened to me. If I e-mail you something and someone gets ahold it somehow it was a private conversation that was no one else's business. The wish list is how I keep books in mind that I can't read right now, but I will when I write about the subject. Later gator.

Posted on Oct 14, 2012 10:05:46 AM PDT
I have one book by Loftus that I am using right now. I will get the one you mentioned in the future.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:51:51 PM PST
Kevin says:
That's why Bugliosi had to "retire" after getting Manson - live off one big vistory the rest of your career, then use your "name" for what it's worth, to write a worthless book with as little research as O'Reilly. Hopefully he made very little money on it. But at least you, Paul May, critic of anyone who dares to peek behind the curtain, know the truth because you're a big boy who knows everything!
I wish you'd stop postinghere, since you obviously do not wish to add anything, just call people silly names and pretend you are the holder of truth, when you actually make yourself look like the moron you are for trying to argue an issue you are unequipped to argue.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:54:38 PM PST
Kevin says:
Tell that to Paul May, and some of the other sheeple on here who can't look at anything that would make them question their overlords. God forbid the Governemtn actually lied to them! Bugliosi should be absolutely ashmaed of himself, as should O'Reilly.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:15:04 AM PST
Hi Kevin, good to hear from you again. Because I write about some the issues we are talking about, I am very interested in how Paul May comes to the conclusions he does. What are they based on, information, emotion, or what else? I have noticed that when I really probe what people are thinking, the ones that attack people run.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:47:38 AM PST
I do tell them that, but when I do they run. I would like to get a clear picture of how they think, but it is difficult. It is like they are hiding something emotionally that they are really afraid of. I would like to know what it is.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 3:37:56 PM PST
Reader2002 says:
Curtis LeMay was a blunt talking, tough as nails kind of man who's easy to quote out of context when one so desires. Since his death, he has been libeled by left-wing writers ad nauseam and blamed for things even when he only had the slightest connection. He was also the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the highest-ranking military officer in the U.S., at the time of the Cuban Missile Crisis and it was the advise of the joint chiefs to invade Cuba but Kennedy chose the lesser option of just blockading. If LeMay ever uttered the phrase of "nuclear war was inevitable," it was in another context than how it is presented here. He was never close to "LBJ's Texas oil men supporters" and he clashed repeatedly with Johnson over the strategies used in Vietnam.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 4:03:12 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 4:07:30 PM PST
Reader2002,

Curtis LeMay the other JCS chiefs went to Kennedy in summer, 1961 with a proposal for a nuclear first strike against the USSR. Allen Dulles was in the meeting, too. JFK turned them down, left the room and said "And we call ourselves the human race" in disgust.

Curtis LeMay, like LBJ and like Hoover, hated John Kennedy and considered him (JFK) a national security threat for not bombing Cuba during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

H.L. Hunt and D.H. Byrd - 2 Texas oil men and Byrd also a military contractor, were very close to Gen. Curtis LeMay. H.L. Hunt later gave Curtis LeMay $1 million and supported his candidacy for VP on the American Independent ticket under George Wallace in 1968. D.H. Byrd also had big stake in LTV and he employed LBJ's personal hit man Malcolm Wallace.

H.L. Hunt, an ultrareactionary, was also very close to Lyndon Johnson and was one of LBJ's inner circle supporters along with Clint Murchison, Sr.

LeMay called the Cuba blockade the equivalent of Munich to JFK's face and at the conclusion of the Cuban Missile Crisis LeMay considered it the greatest defeat the USA had ever suffered (not bombing and invading Cuba). The Russians on Cuba had tactical nukes in place so an invasion of Americans would have been wiped out pretty quickly.

Gen. Curtis LeMay is a prime suspect in the JFK assassination. Of course LBJ and his Texas oil executives did it. Gen. Ed Lansdale of the Air Force and CIA was photographed at the TSBD and identified by his peers Col. Fletcher Prouty and Gen. Victor Krulak.

One more thing re: LeMay. Robert McNamara is on the record as saying that Gen. Curtis LeMay wanted a nuclear first strike against the USSR, giving them "the Sunday punch" before they could give it to us. Needless to say, John Kennedy was in no way supportive of such ideas.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013 12:52:16 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 27, 2013 5:19:08 PM PDT
Sam Clemens says:
Yikes. Bugliosi and Posner are prime disinformation agents. Their books make pretty good paper-weights or door-stops. Some of us have worked on the assassination materials for decades, and the official WC story simply doesn't hold water. It is no more than a fairy-tale (and propaganda). Anyone who is an actual truth-seeker eventually comes to see that the Warren Commission's purpose was to assuage the nation's fears and anxiety, and prevent any further investigation. Right off the bat, please understand that the WC depended utterly on the data provided by the FBI and CIA (who were most uncoopertive); it mounted no investigation of its own. The LHO/Single bullet theory scenario was only the "cover-story," and not a very good one. If you can still swallow this, I'll be happy to sell you some beach-front property in Arizona.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013 12:54:57 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 29, 2013 1:19:35 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2013 4:52:23 PM PDT
Sam Clemens says:
That "Episode Nine" was a very welcome watch. I caught it last year sometime. Refreshing.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2013 5:16:52 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 27, 2013 5:21:56 PM PDT
Sam Clemens says:
Bobkirk: Yes, please share with us some advance copies of your book. Obviously with those of us who have been working in this area, in a serious way, for some years. I, myself, have a library of some thirty volumes on the subject, and pride myself on having some grasp of the facts, and background of the case. I agree that what occurred was essentially a coup d' etat, and that--generally--President Kennedy was a good president, despite some personal flaws...and that, early in his administration, he had embraced the Cold Warrior lunacy, from which he later diverged. There were several "threads" which converged in the assassination, but at the top of the "food-chain" were American intelligence, and Texas oil-men...and, of course, LBJ. Work by Prof. Peter Dale Scott, David Lifton, and James W. Douglass are among my favorites. There is an immense amount of disinformation and cover-up in this field. Also, wholesale manipulation and destruction of evidence in the case. And, while I value the quote by Robert Blakely, one must remember that he played a key role in sabotaging the HSCA (House Select Committee on Assassinations) investigation..and it was practically a miracle that the committee went as far as it did in the end, in concluding that the assassination had been a conspiracy.

One element in this work that particularly impressed me was the revelation in one of Mark Lane's books that--at a UCLA panel discussion--David Atlee Phillips admitted that Oswald had not --in fact--been in Mexico City, which had been a key element of the WC propaganda machine.

Posted on Apr 27, 2013 5:32:46 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 27, 2013 5:35:03 PM PDT
Excellent post, Sam Clemons.

"One element in this work that particularly impressed me was the revelation in one of Mark Lane's books that--at a UCLA panel discussion--David Atlee Phillips admitted that Oswald had not --in fact--been in Mexico City, which had been a key element of the WC propaganda machine. "

And that quote is precisely why I think Oswald PROBABLY WAS in Mexico City. David Atlee Phillips was probably one of the actual perps in the JFK assassination and I think this "admission" was in fact a diversion. We now know decades later that Phillips was running a subversion campaign of Fair Play for Cuba and Oswald was most likely one of his tools in this campaign. Denying Oswald ever went to Mexico City is Phillips way of disassociating himself from Oswald, jmho. Phillips' brother was convinced he had been involved in the plot to murder JFK & this caused a family split that was never repaired.

Posted on Apr 27, 2013 5:51:18 PM PDT
Jonesy says:
I am currently reading IMPERIAL BRAIN TRUST by Shoup and Minter about The Council on Foreign Relations and their complete control of the press at that time. Given the close relationships between the CIA, especially Allen Dulles, and the Rockefeller family, I am becoming convinced that the coup went much higher than LBJ and a few CIA underlings. I think it can be traced to the very fabric of who really runs this country. DiEugenio's new DESTINY BETRAYED outlines these connections well. With men like John McCloy and Allen Dulles, Council members, on the Warren Commission, it is no wonder that the WC was a coverup from beginning to end. No journalists involved with the CFR even today will tackle this story and thus the coverup continues.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2013 7:16:00 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 27, 2013 7:18:27 PM PDT
Don't leave out the Texas oil executives H.L. Hunt and Clint Murchison, Sr. They had has much or more power than anyone in the USA at that time, including the Rockefellers. In summer 1963 John J. McCloy went whitetail dove hunting on the Mexican ranch of Clint Murchison, Sr. I doubt they had nice things to say about JFK. LBJ said after RFK was dead that Robert Kennedy told him to put Allen Dulles & John McCloy on the Warren Commission. I bet it was Clint Murchison, Sr.

DiEugenio omits LBJ and Texas oil in his critique of the JFK assassination. There is more evidence on that crew, especially Lyndon Johnson, than anyone else in the JFK assassination.

LBJ and Nelson Rockefeller also had some sort of sub rosa relationship.

Posted on Apr 28, 2013 1:43:08 PM PDT
sunset*gal says:
two books i recommend: me and lee by judyth baker and jfk and the unspeakable by james douglass. also, jim garrison's 'on the trail of the assassins' and jim marrs 'crossfire.' i also read 'the secret team' by l. fletcher prouty. he worked for military intelligence and provides a behind the scenes insight into who disliked kennedy and who benefited more with him out of the way.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2013 2:02:45 PM PDT
I think you are right on track Jonesy. Out of LBJ's league. That is not to say he was not a part of it, and it is for certain he played THE key role in the coverup.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  15
Total posts:  101
Initial post:  Sep 23, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 9, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Killing Kennedy: The End of Camelot
Killing Kennedy: The End of Camelot by Martin Dugard (Hardcover - October 16, 2012)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (6,205)