Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now DOTD

• Customer Reviews

on January 12, 2012
I found that the hemp inserts were more absorbent then the stay dry. They are a trimmer option as well. I have never like microfiber inserts as they just don't come clean like the hemp and they hold smells (not true for everyone but true for me). I do have some stay dry inserts and I like them, just not as much as the hemp/cotton ones. Best Bottom is my go to diaper system.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 22, 2014
These do the job. For stay dry microfiber it's pretty much what you get no matter what brand you find on the market in my experience.

I really have to clarify a lot of the ignorant reviews on here though.
People are absolutely not even reviewing the correct product. This review is for the stay dry (microfiber). People are reviewing the hemp/organic cotton which is a completely different insert and clearly labeled differently.

First off I have both.
Stay dry is the basic one and I still like using them. It keeps baby dry. The blue thread is starting to fray on one of mine and I'm kinda disappointed because they've been lined dry and I've only had them a few weeks. Doesn't affect the function though. As with most all microfiber its keeps the smell in more than hemp so try not to let poopy diapers sit for too long in wet bag (mine was only 2 days and the one stained and smells). A strip and line dry in sun will probably do the trick.

The hemp/organic cotton is really nice and are well made. BUT I have to clarify people here who are reviewing hemp/organic cotton as "bad" or "sucks" clearly aren't following the directions for the hemp. You have to treat these differently than the stay dry.
Best Bottom clearly says in directions on the site that the hemp will not reach its full absorbancy until after 4-6 washes! Hello people do some research. That is why you are not having success with them and experiencing leaks.
The store I bought them from gives "prepping" directions for hemp before you even wear them which you can find all over the internet. Boil them for 3-5 minutes per insert in stock pot. Or just washing them 4-6 times before use. Another fast way is washing with dish soap but I prefer the other methods.
Not a huge deal to prep but you do need to take that into consideration when dealing with hemp. The reason for this is the natural oils that are on the hemp. When not prepped correctly you can experience leaks.

Overall I still like the stay dry. It's inexpensive and works well.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 13, 2013
Loved that you can snap it into the cover or to the top of an overnight insert to keep that "dry" feeling on baby's bottom. The diaper is a little bulky so I made it one snap bigger at night, but it works great! No leaks from 6:30pm till 8am! Wished they sold these at my local diaper store. Would choose Best Bottoms over any other cloth diaper.
on May 1, 2013
I didn't have a preference over the micro until I washed both models about 15 times. Now I wish I could give back all my micro and trade them in for these. They hold about the same amount of fluid (maybe a little less) and the bulk factor is way less of an issue. Especially at night with the doublers. I prefer these over the micro and would gladly fork out the $2 more per insert.
We rinse well before dropping in the planet wise wet/dry bag and so we havent had a problem with stains or smell. Also, after many washes I prefer the feel of these over the micro but at first I didn't, only after using for a month.

Update 12/15/13: I dislike best bottoms all together. I tried to make them work for 7months, tried to convince myself 'I' was doing something wrong because of the financial investment but no, this system just sucks. Leaks ALL the time, smell smell smell, just a struggle; had to change shells every time as well as insert due to my baby smelling like a homeless man. Great idea in theory but doesn't hold up to reality. I now use [...] which has worked out so much better.
Now back to the topic at hand: the hemp/cotton insert started falling apart at 6months. Was just one then two now pretty much all the hemp have gone to rags but the micro have held on strong and not one has fallen apart. So if you are going to use the best bottom system (I would recommend not) then these won't stand the test of time.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 7, 2011
I'm pretty new to cloth diapers, but the Best Bottoms were recommended to me by a friend, and I must say I am very happy so far. They are super user-friendly (even for dads), they are very trim (unless you have the overnight insert in), and they wash up so easily. Because they are not all-in-ones or inserts, they dry very quickly, too. The covers can be used with other inserts such as Flip, or just plain prefolds. I chose the snaps because I read that the velcro tended to be bulky and stiffer on baby's little tummy. I am so glad I got the snaps! I have some Thirsties covers with velco, and they are definitely more bulky and stiff. When I have more money to spend I want to try the hemp inserts, as I hear they are even trimmer!
on November 14, 2013
.- I received 3 sets of this 3 pack (9 total). The seams popped after the first washing on 7 of them (I used the delicate cycle). When I e-mailed Best Bottom they asked me to send pictures, which I did. They then proceeded to tell me that those were just “loose threads” & “did not affect the efficiency of the product”, so basically tough luck. They are definitely not just loose threads. The fabric quality is good, the construction is substandard & Best Bottoms customer service is very disappointing.
on December 2, 2013
These are really absorbent and super soft, but the serging began fraying at the edge after just one wash. This happened on four of the six that I bought. I'm just hoping this doesn't mean that they start pulling apart now.

Update: It's now been four months and they're still going strong! It's still only those 4 that remain frayed at the edges, but they're holding together well. I'd buy again.
on January 7, 2012
Best Bottom inserts/diapers are the best - I have tried 3 other types and Best Bottom are the best - strongly recommend this product (together with the shells)
on March 26, 2012
These inserts work alright but with my son being a heavy wetter they don't work so well. I am not a fan of the best bottom system just because it sucks if your baby poops. It gets all through the cover. Not a good thing if your baby has diarrea or poops a lot. Just not very convenient at all. I like contours better like kissaluvs or motherease.
on July 4, 2013
The hemp inserts don't seem to be as thick or absorbent and they are not as soft. We always reach for these before the microfiber inserts and use them up first because they snap in and are better quality. I wish they were less expensive, but will definitely be buying more as we build up our cloth diapering stock.

See 1 answered question