Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

100%
Format: Audio CD|Change

on September 21, 2010
The Best Candy in the Whole World is an audio CD anthology of short, family-friendly stories composed and performed by Grammy award-winning artist Bill Harley. A smattering of catchy music enhances these amusing and delightful tales (with important life lessons)! The stories are "The Best Candy in the Whole World" (it's important to be nice; you never know who or what might be right next to you in the supermarket), "A Walk Around the Block" (there's a whole world outside one's own house, even on one's own block), "The Boy Who Hid in a Peanut" (based on a traditional story from Africa), "Sillier than You" (based on a folktale from the British Isles and Appalachia), and "Jack and the Singing Leaves" (a tale from the late, magnificent Scottish storyteller Duncan Williamson). Listeners of all ages will relish the twists and turns brief yet surprisingly insightful stories. Highly recommended, especially for children's and public library audiobook collections. 67 minutes, 54 seconds.
on August 14, 2012
This CD was wonderful in it's lighthearted yet instructional storytelling. The tales are fantasy yet also relatable to the young and old alike. Mr. Bill Harley wonderfully portrays the way young children think and react to the world around them. The stories on this album will have you alternately laughing aloud and feeling touched by the subtle lessons contained within them.

1. "The Best Candy in the Whole World": When Barney Huffnagle helps an elderly lady at the supermarket, he is given a wonderful yet unusual gift. This hilareous and poignant story subtly shows the importance of kindness and presents a warning about greed.
2. "Walk Around the Block": A catchy song about a young boy's journeys when his dad sends him out of the house.
3. "The Boy Who Hid in a Peanut": A young boy's decision to play a trick on his father has hilareous consequences.
4. "Sillier than You": My favorite story in this collection, this is a tale about Jenny. Jenny is an older sister who goes on a quest to find three people who are sillier than her little sister. That's impossible! Or is it?
5. "Jack and the Singing Leaves": Jack is always persecuted by his older brothers, Will and Tom. However, when Jack rescues a bird with a broken wing, his adventures begin. Will Jack get the princess? This story has lots of twists and ends differently than you'd think.

Please give this wonderful compilation of stories and songs a chance. You will not be disappointed. God bless you all.
on July 31, 2012
My three year old loves Bill Harley so much, and has listened to this cd over and over again. The only bummer is that now, every time we get in the car, he asks to hear a story. I'm getting a little sick of it, but we bought another cd called The Town Around the Bend - The Town Around the Bend: Bedtime Stories and Songs - and are alternating them. It makes car trips so much more pleasant for everyone. Both are totally age appropriate, but I think will work for older kids as well.

I wish he came to our area! We would totally go hear him live.
on May 12, 2011
I cannot say enough about this CD! I am a youth services librarian who originally inter-library loaned this CD to see if it would be good to add to my library's audiobook collection. I "tested" it out on my two boys (ages 4 and 7) while we were all in the car together. Turns out, my husband and I probably laughed even harder than the kids did! I immediately inter-library loaned all of his other CDs, and we have spent hours now listening and re-listening to them while we are out running errands. The stories are so genuine and funny. My boys keep repeating parts of the stories to each other and crack each other up. My four year-old also listen to books on CD when he goes to sleep, and he asked for this CD to listen to every single night that we had the CD checked out to us.

So needless to say, I will be buying all of these CDs for my library's collection.
on March 15, 2013
I purchased this cd for my fifth grade class. They just love it. I play the stories over and over. I will definitely order more by Bill Harley.
on March 31, 2013
Originally heard one of these on Kid's Place Live.
Amazing story teller! The best candy in the whole world is the kids' favorite.
on May 6, 2013
a great cd, wonderful for all ages. bill harley is the BEST, never disappoints. will def buy again! Looking forward to the next cd
on February 15, 2016
Very good!
on September 25, 2014
Awesome! Kids adore it!
on October 31, 2014
One of our favorite CD that Bill Harley has created.