5.0 out of 5 stars Good variety, including toppings and swirls
Published on April 16, 2004 by N. Gilbert

2.0 out of 5 stars Amazon: The "BEST" Ice Cream Maker book? For Dummies!!!
I bought the, "Best Ice Cream Maker Book Ever" and I read through it in about 20 painful minutes...I believe that Ms. Fallon has a marketable genre,if you enjoy reading the "How to Lists" which are enclosed in any kitchen appliance you purchase,
Published on September 12, 2011 by Wicked Celt

5.0 out of 5 stars Good variety, including toppings and swirls, April 16, 2004
This review is from: The Best Ice Cream Maker Cookbook Ever (Hardcover)
This is approximately the twelfth ice cream book in my collection, so I'm only buying books that add information I don't already have. This one's a winner! In addition to a good selection of recipes for all sorts of normal and exotic flavors, this book includes: (1) recipes for toppings and swirls (fudge, caramel, fruit, etc.); (2) recipes with especially intense flavors (a quart or so of ice cream including a whole cup of peanut butter, for example); and (3) several approaches to the same flavor, so you could make vanilla frozen yogurt, vanilla ice milk, or several styles of vanilla ice cream (and then adapt those styles to other flavors).

5.0 out of 5 stars re: eggless ice creams, May 26, 2004
This review is from: The Best Ice Cream Maker Cookbook Ever (Hardcover)
B Trott, the person complaining above about the eggless ice cream, has no idea what s/he is talking about. Ice creams made without eggs are very common and are known as "Philadelphia style" or "American style" ice creams. Ones with eggs are called "custard style" or "French style." You do not need a thickener; the freezing process thickens the cream. I made this recipe with no problem. B Trott may have failed to chill the canister sufficiently or churn for long enough. You also need to let homemade ice cream ripen in the freezer after churning to give it additional firmness.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Low fat recipes, June 24, 2000
This review is from: The Best Ice Cream Maker Cookbook Ever (Hardcover)
For the most part I like the recipes in this book. The only problems - not a single picture. I think all cookbooks should have lots of pictures. Also for many of the low fat recipes, she recommends that you keep them only for 4 hours. I don't know about you, but I can't eat a whole batch of ice cream in a sitting. I kept the ice cream longer and the low fat varieties tend to get hard. The sorbet and granita recipes are great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Many recipes fit my hard to find 1 Quart icecream maker ., May 10, 2003
This review is from: The Best Ice Cream Maker Cookbook Ever (Hardcover)
I had to search a long time before I found an ice cream cookbook that included recipes that would fit a 1 quart ice cream maker. Most ice cream cookbooks only have 1.5 quart recipes and are hard to adjust, which I will still have to do on some, but overall this book was the best I've found so far.
Another plus of this book, you cook the eggs in the milk/cream before making the ice cream for safe eating. Ben & Jerry's book doesn't and I don't want to risk getting food poisoning, even if it tastes good.
There are many old fashioned & classic flavors, too, like Maple Nut that aren't in some of the more recent & hip cookbooks that feature Avacado and Earl Grey Tea ice cream-- I don't know about you, but I'd rather have strawberry than try those! There is a flavor for everyone in this book & highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Ice Cream Maker..., November 2, 2006
B. J. Johnson (Cedar Lake, In.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Best Ice Cream Maker Cookbook Ever (Hardcover)
I've had very good luck using this book with my new Kitchaid Ice Cream Maker. The book gives very good details. I appreciate that the book gives you yields (total amounts) so you know what to expeect or possibly half the recipe. Thank you for a very good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exotic Ice Cream Flavors, July 7, 2006
This review is from: The Best Ice Cream Maker Cookbook Ever (Hardcover)
Nearly everyone at some point or another has owned an ice cream maker. Dreams of creamy frozen delights circle in their heads as they read the instructions and attempt to concoct brilliant ice cream recipes. Yet, many of these owners soon realize, blending the right mix of cream and flavorings can deter anyone from approaching the machine a second time.

The Best Ice Cream Maker Cookbook Ever by Peggy Fallon is the primary resource for all of those individuals wishing to blend their love of creating fine-crafted foods with their desire for simple, fail-proof recipes. With exotic ice cream flavors such as Kiwi-Lime, Mango Margarita and Spiced Raspberry to choose from, ice cream makers can craft a different gourmet treat each week.

And for those individuals wishing to stay away from the creamy stuff, there's a section in this book for you too: "Sorbets, Granitas and Other Ices."

[...]

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy & Simple Recipes, March 7, 2007
This review is from: The Best Ice Cream Maker Cookbook Ever (Hardcover)
This has reeked havoc on my weight!

After making homemade ice cream why would anyone purchase store bought stuff!

Most of the recipes that we have made need to be eaten within the first day or so (no problem with there!) Take the basics from this book and experiment with flavors of your own. There's no limit to what you can make!

2.0 out of 5 stars Amazon: The "BEST" Ice Cream Maker book? For Dummies!!!, September 12, 2011
This review is from: The Best Ice Cream Maker Cookbook Ever (Hardcover)
embelish the stock recipes a bit, and then fail to mention actual helpful hints like using ice baths when tempering eggs when you add them to milk.. The recipes are the same recipes you can find in Ladies home journal or Family Circle. They lack imagination and to suggest in the title that this is the "best ever", is not only misleading, it's rather pompous..

The Best Ice Cream Makers ever??
Hummm.. Ben & Jerry, come to mind.."Ben & Jerry's, Homemade: Ice Cream & Dessert Book" is avaliable on Amazon and is terrific. My new Favorite Ice Cream Cookbook Guru is, David Lebovitz. His Book, "the Perfect Scoop" is also avaliable on Amazon.. It is informative, guides you step by step, and is crystal clear as well as imaginative and has Phenomenal Formulas/Recipes, for the Pro and the novice as well..

Ice Cream Making is FUN, I was bored to tears reading the Best Ever.. This is not even worthy of re-gifting, therefore I will donate my copy to the goodwill and at least the proceeds can go to a good cause..

I am not usually this harsh, but having studied my craft for decades, I get a bit annoyed at titles that suggest greatness and give you mediocrity... Save your money..

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Book!, March 21, 2010
This review is from: The Best Ice Cream Maker Cookbook Ever (Hardcover)
This book is wonderful. It has all the standard, well-loved ice cream recipes that you want in an ice cream book. Vanilla, Chocolate, ice cream cakes, custard-based or non-custard based, frozen yogurt or sorbet, they are absolutely delicious! I look forward to trying the cinnamon and pumpkin ice creams, especially during the holidays! The recipes are very easy to follow, and make about 1 to 1-1/2 quarts of ice cream per batch. It's ice cream that simply cannot be beat! I think it's a bargain for the price. I also purchased the Cuisinart Ice cream maker and love how easy it is to clean, and is much quieter to operate than the Rival I had.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff, July 8, 2007
This review is from: The Best Ice Cream Maker Cookbook Ever (Hardcover)
We have tried a few of the recipies in the book and they came out fabulous. A good variety of flavors including sorbets and frozen yogurt.

The Best Ice Cream Maker Cookbook Ever
The Best Ice Cream Maker Cookbook Ever by Peggy Fallon (Hardcover - May 6, 1998)
$18.99 $16.14