5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!
one day, long ago, I was stuck in an airport. probably Chicago. spent a lot of time in the Chicago airport. board, I went into a shop that had music for sale, and they had headsets that you could listen to the music before you buy.

Published on October 30, 2005 by sally smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Montezuma was the only good tune.
I really only wanted one song, but needed to buy the album.
I am looking for music to do a Musical Freestyle with my horse.
Published 21 months ago by Carolyn Phillips

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!, October 30, 2005
This review is from: The Best of Cusco (Audio CD)

that is where I discovered "Cusco". I bought the CD "best of" and I never regretted it. it is way different than the kind of music I had always listened to. I never heard of them, and I have not listened to any of their other albums, which, no doubt are lovely. but, this one - it is special.

turn it up loud and let it engulf you. the instruments and sounds are magic. can't name my favorite track. love it all. it's an experience. I wouldn't play one song without the other that comes before it or after it, they flow into each other in a way that no other music can. when I listen to it, I know by heart, which song is coming next, and I anticipate with child-like excitement.

it's that good.

5.0 out of 5 stars ..::Simply Amazing::.., February 2, 2000
J. McDougald "jazzmidi" (Seattle, Washington - U.S.A.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Best of Cusco (Audio CD)
Cusco is not a group to be mistaken. Once you hear a Cusco tune, you will always recognize them if you heard them in a store. Cusco has a style of their own and this CD is a great example of that. I've been a fan of Cusco sense the early 80's and now own every CD. I love Cusco's style and you will too if you like Ethnic Fusion type music. What drove me to love Cusco was when I heard for the first time "The Kokopelli's Flute". I never heard a sound like that before. Cusco makes the flute come to life and you can feel your body melting into yourself. If you don't own any Cusco CD's then this one is a good starter for any NewAge collector. It's just simply amazing!

If you like "Cusco" then I would recommend you listen to "Afternoon In Sedona" by Nicholas Gunn.

5.0 out of 5 stars Soothing, Serene and Splendid, July 16, 1999
Xerxes99@aol.com (Hillsboro, Oregon, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Best of Cusco (Audio CD)
I first heard of Cusco when I was listening to the Art Bell radio program. And ever since my ears honed in to the graceful, and smooth sounds of the brilliant song, "Montezuma" I could never forget what I heard and the masterful artist. While I don't listen to the Art Bell show anymore, I do intend to listen to Cusco more often, beginning with my first CD, The Best of Cusco. I just purchased the Best of Cusco online, and I am waiting eagerly for the CD to arrive. If the songs on the CD are nearly as good as the Real Audio sound clips, I have myself quite a treat. I am a new fan of Cusco and music of its genre.

4.0 out of 5 stars EVOCATIVE, ALLURING, RHYTHMIC !, October 1, 1999
katrainor@aol.com (Murrieta "the Gem of the Valley" CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Best of Cusco (Audio CD)
As I lay on a gurney awaiting my turn to be wheeled into the operating room, I found myself drawn out of my nervous tension and led into a place of peace and tranquility. This was to be my first encounter with "Cusco". I remain to this day, grateful to the RN @ Golden Triangle Surgical Center, for her taste in music as well as her care. I just can't get enough!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting Melodies, October 8, 2000
This review is from: The Best of Cusco (Audio CD)
I just recently discovered the group Cusco and how better to start than buying thier greatest hits album..being a new age composer myself, i was alarmed as to how i didn't discover cusco before this, it baffles me too...anyway this 'best of cusco' cd is simply in my opinion the best compilation/greatest hits album of an artist ever released as every tune here is a masterpiece..the melodies,arrangements and harmonies are very beautiful and stays in your head and hums on its' own..the tracks that i would recommend is "montezuma", "waters of cesme", "tupac amaru" & "flute battle"..every tune in here is great and as a composer myself, i would rate cusco a 10 out of 10...i'm now discovering cusco's other music..in the meanwhile i'll allow this cd to draw me even deeper into the artistic world of cusco..get this album...

5.0 out of 5 stars Many of Cusco's Classics, August 31, 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: The Best of Cusco (Audio CD)
While almost all of the tracks on this cd are good, my top recommended tracks are Montezuma, North Easter, Tupac Amaru, and Lonely Rose. Most of you will also like Flute Battle, Flying Condor (I am biased towards the original version), and Quetzal's Feather (beginning sounded a bit odd at first, but it is surprisingly good after the intro).
You should not think that you will get all Cusco's great music in this "Best of" cd since there are more great ones in their other albums. However, this cd is a good starting point to get a taste of what Cusco is about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worthy of the title "Best Of" CUSCO, April 27, 2001
"neomurtle" (Acworth, GA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Best of Cusco (Audio CD)
For those who are unfamiliar with CUSCO, this is a great CD to get to know their sound. CUSCO uses a wide range of instruments and sounds to produce both relaxing and powerful New Age/Contemporary music. Most of their work is inspired by ancient cultures and civilizations, and it shows. I rarely hear music that communicates these themes so well. From the uplifting "Montezuma", to the passive and melodic "Lonely Rose", there's music on this album for every mood. If you are a New Age fan, "The Best Of CUSCO" is a must own album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, December 5, 1999
Tait Chirenje (Gainesville, Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Best of Cusco (Audio CD)
This is a beautiful piece of art! A friend recommended this to me after she listened to my Enigma / Deep Forest collection. Soothes and heals mind, body and soul. Will definitely be starting a Cusco collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Consistently Outstanding, January 30, 2004
This review is from: The Best of Cusco (Audio CD)
This CD's "Tupac Amaru" still receives heavy airplay on the local smooth jazz station. Cusco is unfairly overlooked and underappreciated, too bad their music does not fit the formats of most stations. Play it from start to finish, a great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good cd- a must for any new age fan!, March 5, 2000
This review is from: The Best of Cusco (Audio CD)
Cusco is one of my favorite new age groups, and this cd celebrates their 10th anniversary with Higher Octave. The best songs on here are Montezuma, North Easter, Flute Battle, and Ring of the Dolphin.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Best of Cusco
Best of Cusco by Cusco (Audio Cassette - 1997)
Click for more info