Customer Discussions > Monster forum

Best Buy Exclusive/ Itunes Extra Song

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 51 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 19, 2012 7:46:36 AM PDT
It appears that there will be a Best Buy Exclusive for the new Kiss album Monster. I can't seem to find out what exactly makes it special, the details haven't been announced yet.

It also appears that itunes will be having one extra song as an exclusive to them as well.

Just wanted to let everyone here know about this.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 12:48:26 PM PDT
bass boy says:
I'm hopeful that the BB exclusive "Monster" edition will come with a corrected/fixed CD copy of "Destroyer Resurrected." Lol! :) It'll be interesting to see if "Monster" comes with a short live DVD (like "Sonic Boom"'s bonus DVD disc) or a second disc of live material/outtakes.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 1:25:11 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 19, 2012 1:36:35 PM PDT
i would much rather have extra songs, and a dvd of in the studio type of footage!

oh, and i doubt that a corrected version of destroyer resurrected will be included....then they'd have to admit something related to kiss was screwed up....haha

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 1:04:20 PM PDT
Scott P says:
Looks like the Best Buy exclusive song is "Right Here Right Now" but iTunes also shows this as their extra. So I guess that's not too concrete.

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 2:14:04 PM PDT
maybe that is it though,.....both places could have the same bonus track i guess.....that's a good song too....well the 1:30 of it that i heard at least....i love it that itunes has samples of all of the songs there already...monster is going to be a great album!

my only real complaint about kiss, is that i wish once they were done with the original 4, that they would of just picked up where they left off with bruce kulick still in the band, and just left the makeup and costumes out of the picture and just kept on making great music...oh well i guess

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 8:08:27 AM PDT
according to the best buy website, their "exclusive" is just that the cover is a 3-d lenticular cover....kinda lame...i really hope i can download that itunes extra song by itself

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 9:55:01 AM PDT
Steve says:
Right Here Right Now is listed on the track listing for the BestBuy version of Monster.

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 10:10:32 AM PDT
yeah, i notice that...weird, cause when i clicked on the link on the best buy site, it said something like "click here for exclusive info", and it just mentioned the cover, but yes, i do see the song listed there too....and wikipedia has it saying it's an itunes/best buy exclusive track...i know that site isn't 100% trustworthy, but i'm thinking that it will have that song on it too now from best buy...

can't wait to get this cd!!!

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 7:48:38 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 5, 2012 7:49:39 AM PDT
MRT says:
Hell Or Hallelujah - 10/10
Wall Of Sound - 7/10
Freak - 9/10
Back To The Stone Age - 9/10
Shout Mercy - 9/10
Long Way Down - 7/10
Eat Your Heart Out - 8/10
The Devil Is Me - 8/10
Outta This World - 7/10
All For The Love Of R&R - 8/10
Take Me Down Below - 8/10
Last Chance - 8/10

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 7:49:05 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 5, 2012 7:49:17 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2012 8:19:51 AM PDT
DJ Control says:
According to iTunes Australia you have to buy the entire album to get the bonus track.

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 12:23:50 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 10, 2012 9:43:57 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 2:46:08 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 7, 2012 2:46:54 PM PDT
MRT says:
The Wal Mart version is the best one, comes with 60+ page book that includes the band talking about each track. I Tunes is the only version with a bonus track.Some Wal marts have already put it on the shelves.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2012 7:20:58 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 10, 2012 9:44:03 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 8:07:27 AM PDT
i'm getting the wal mart and best buy versions, and if i have to buy the whole itunes version to get the bonus track, then i will do that too....hardcore fan here!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2012 9:54:41 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 8, 2012 9:55:26 AM PDT
bass boy says:
Yes, the Walmart version (1 of the versions there) is the ZinePak version. It's a magazine with the CD inside. The magazine is a small-sized magazine that looks almost like a book, wrapped in shrink-wrap. Here is a link to the magazine version -- http://www.facebook.com/ZinePak

P.S. Walmart also will be selling the stand-alone CD version. Not sure if there are any bonus goodies on that version, but the ZinePak version is the way to go.

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 11:59:47 AM PDT
going to my wal mart around midnight tonight, and then best buy at 10 when mine opens to get that version of it as well....
can't wait!!!!!!!

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 2:33:03 PM PDT
MRT says:
In a Yahoo review today, they said the Best Buy version has the bonus track. I guess we'll have to see on release day.

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 2:46:05 PM PDT
i hope you're info is correct!
i'm already buying it 2 times, don't want to buy it a 3rd for the extra song on itunes then!

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 9:31:12 PM PDT
bass boy says:
Wow, you guys have "cool" Walmarts. Our five Supercenters in our region won't put out new CD releases until 9 a.m. on the Tuesday/day of release. They do put out new DVD releases at midnight Monday night/Tuesday morning, but not CDs (unless a stocker messus up and accidentally puts out the new-release CD two weeks early. Lol! :))

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2012 12:09:49 AM PDT
scottsrush says:
Wheres the review for right here right now?!

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 12:11:26 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 9, 2012 2:58:59 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 7:58:12 AM PDT
perhaps the people reviewing it didn't get the itunes version or the best buy version (if it really does have the extra song, i'll be finding out soon)

maybe they bought it at their wal mart and only got the regular 12 track version...since wal mart has an exclusive version also, then they wouldn't be able to review the bonus track if they don't even have it....

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 8:48:24 AM PDT
okay, so just got back from best buy....and their version DOES NOT INCLUDE THE BONUS TRACK "right here right now"....

it's not listed, so i thought maybe it is a bonus track, like a "hidden song", but nope it's not there...

so, if you want all 13 songs the have released for this album, you'll need to get the itunes version, and what bites even more, is the bonus track is an album only download, you can't just download that one song....so basically if you want to get all the cool stuff, you have to get the wal mart, best buy, and itunes version...what a rip off!!....even though, i will be getting the itunes version, as i will need the extra song no matter what....but i shouldn't of had to buy all 3 versions to get all the cool stuff

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 1:02:01 PM PDT
J.man says:
The best buy flyer in my area said bonus track......it's not on there!!!!...the 3D cover and the code for kiss monster army were there...but no RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW. Best buy shorted fans 2 tracks on the KISS ALIVE 1975-2000 BOX SET TOO! Let's see if they will make good with the promise of bonus track.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Monster forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  51
Initial post:  Sep 19, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Monster
Monster by Kiss (Audio CD - 2012)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (396)