Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 21, 2008 10:55:17 AM PDT
Heather says:
I bought my husband the PS3 MGS4 for his birthday. I want to get a few games, but since he already has an XBOX 360 I want something that's exclusive to PS3. No racing/sports games. What would you recommend?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 21, 2008 1:34:33 PM PDT
Perhaps Uncharted: Drake's Fortune? It's a PS3-exlcusive action-adventure game.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 21, 2008 3:27:53 PM PDT
There's really 5 titles that you shouldn't miss to "catch up" (and you already have one of them):

Metal Gear Solid 4
Uncharted
Heavenly Sword
Warhawk (this game is online ONLY, so if you don't get connected very often, disregard it)
Ratchet & Clank Future

Not shure if he'll like the last one: if he can look past the cartooney look, he'll find a very enjoyable game. If not, Uncharted and Heavenly Sword are shure bets. If he plays online, get him Warhawk, too.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 21, 2008 6:03:40 PM PDT
Heather says:
Perfect! Thank you so much!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2008 8:03:57 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jan 31, 2009 9:31:41 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2008 10:21:56 PM PDT
heather rent genji, it got a bad rap but it's a good exclusive imo

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2008 11:29:08 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 24, 2008 11:30:07 PM PDT
Scotty boy blue,
Agreed :) I purchased Genji Days of the Blade from Toys R Us for 29.99 last Christmas and still play it. It might be available for 19.99 now. Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Folklore, Haze, Lair, Heavenly Sword and Resistance Fall of Man. There will be a ton of exclusive titles coming this fall like LittleBigPlanet and Resistance 2. I think Socom Confrontation, Killzone 2 and some others got pushed back to 2009 though.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2008 5:45:27 AM PDT
E. Gustafson says:
Hold off on getting Resistance. Very soon Sony will be releasing it as part of a "Best Of" series. They will be $30ish each.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2008 12:24:36 PM PDT
Heather says:
Thanks for the info about the "best of" series. I figured since some of those games came out last year that they should be dropping soon. I figure MGS4 will keep him busy while I wait for sales on some of these games. Thanks!!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2008 4:27:24 AM PDT
Shaun Dunham says:
Metal Gear Solid 4
Heavenly Sword
Resistance - Fall of Man
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
The Orange Box
Unreal Tournament III (better on PS3)
Uncharted - Drake's Fortune

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2008 1:50:06 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2008 3:24:36 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 1, 2008 3:25:33 PM PDT
AT says:
L. Cromwell.....are you answering her question ? I dont think so.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2008 7:03:38 AM PDT
mass effect cool, ninja gaiden 2 not to good, gears of war 2 isnt as good as resitance2, and fable 2 sucks.

THERE ARE A LOT MORE GAMES FOR YOUR HUSBAND ON THE PS3 AND I SEE A LOT OF GREAT TITLES ALREADY NAMED SO I GUESS THEY ALREADY ANSWERED UR ?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2008 10:56:12 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 18, 2008 12:48:04 PM PDT
I think this is a great list. MGS4 is mos def a keeper (as oppossed to renter). I really like the addictive, fast-paced Warhawk online. Its great late at night, but takes a while to adjust to its hyperness.

Has anyone tried the "Renchi" PS3 game from Japan?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2008 11:16:38 AM PDT
James says:
Perhaps I am the only one who doesn't find Metal Gear Solid 4 to be at all fun. The graphics are excellent, but the game is dull. Then again I don't think I've liked any of the shooter games.
I would like to see what the best multiplayer games are that are not online. 95% of the time I would like to play against someone in my household and it seems that most games are not capable of this. I do enjoy Need For Speed, but even on that the multiplayer mode is pretty limited.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Jul 21, 2008
Latest post:  Aug 18, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
PlayStation 3 80GB Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Bundle
PlayStation 3 80GB Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Bundle by Sony (PlayStation 3)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (211)