Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Best Fitness Elliptical Crosstrainer
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Color: Black|Change

on October 9, 2011
I will say this first, as it may exclude this purchase for several prospective buyers, I'm barely 5'6" and the stride length is bordering on to short for me. It works and at this low price I am still pleased with the purchase; however, I would not recommend this to anyone more than an inch taller than me. The package arrived in a timely manner; however, I'm glad I don't need to return it because the idea of taking the components out of an intact box is completely unfeasible. I had to completely cut down one side of the box. Assembly was doable, but the instructions have several mistakes. It tells you over and over to complete steps in the order they are listed however; you will find that if you listen to them you will end up undoing steps to go back and do something else that needed to be done first. Read each page of instructions and decide for yourself what makes the most sense. I put it together myself, but there were several steps where an extra set of hands would have made it much easier. All in all not bad, of course it's a lot easier to say that now that I'm done.
22 comments|106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 10, 2012
We received our Best Fitness Elliptical Crosstrainer yesterday and my husband assembled it. He read the instructions all the way through before starting and would strongly recommend that tactic. He noted that some of the hardware was packed separately, while some was already on the pieces where it would end up being used, so try looking on the parts if you can't find the hardware.

My husband and I are both 5'10" & my son is 5'2" and the stride length was comfortable for all 3 of us. The stride length is not adjustable.

The machine is as compact as advertised. We are leaving set up so it can be used at any time and it takes up 5 x 3 feet of 'working' space. The motion is fluid & easy.

The control panel is LCD and is not back-lit. When I stand on the floor, I can see everything just fine, but when I am up on the machine the angle of the control panel causes the numbers to be more difficult to see. I think this problem can be solved by adding a small light in the area where we have it set up. I also think that this may not be an issue for everyone-- it may depend a lot on how well-lit the area the machine is set up in is and how tall the user is.

According to the manual, the weight limit for the machine is 250 lbs. I weigh around 225 and it felt stable and safe when I was using it.

The control panel is basic (which is what I expected). You can set time, distance, & calorie burn goals and the machine will beep as you hit each of your targets. You can measure your heart rate. There is a built in BMI/BMR calculator that up to 8 people can use. However, other than the data that is entered for that calculation, the control panel cannot track workouts over time, link a workout to a particular user, nor does it have variable programed workouts like I have seen on some equipment. This is what I was expecting, but may not be completely clear from the product description.

It would have been helpful if instructions on how to open the box & unload the pieces were printed on the outside of the box, rather than being buried on a sheet of paper in the bottom of the box. The machine came with all parts bundled together in a block with styrofoam end caps. We found it easiest to lift both the outer and inner box off of the block of parts, rather than trying to unpack individual parts while they were still in the box. It was very helpful to have 2 people for that part of the process.

Overall I feel like the product met my expectations, it was fairly straightforward for my husband to assemble. He strongly recommends taking the time to fully read all instructions before attempting the installation. The machine is easy to use, fits in the space that we had set up for it, and met our expectations based on the product description. I felt this was a good value for the $400.00 sale price.

Now we just need to use it :)
on February 10, 2014
I've ordered lots of equipment over the years, and this was a pleasant surprise. I did have it put together by the Treadmill Doctor, but it is a great machine for your home. It is sturdy, and does the job.....I am already seeing results after just one week of using it for 15-20 minutes a day. Very happy with this product.
on June 17, 2014
Assembled it this morning/afternoon. Took 3-4 hours, but took a break in the middle. Instructions are very well written, and once you figure out that all those screws and smaller bolts the instructions shows you have, but aren't in the little bag of nuts and bolts, are already screwed in the holes they go in, you're off and running. The items are very securely packed, as well.

She is now in the next room giving it a workout and it is very quiet. I can't hear it at all, whereas with our old one (13 yrs old) it squeaked and groaned quite a bit by that age. Don't know that it was ever so quiet I couldn't hear it, however. During assembly I did notice a number of spots with quite sufficient (even to a bit excessive) amounts of grease already applied, so that accounts for a smooth and noise-free operation.

The console has quite a bit of information it will display, and I haven't looked that over yet, but wife says it is quite a bit more than the other one we had. Will have to give it some time to decide how much is usable for us, but different needs for everyone, so it seems to have the info there if you want it.

All in all, we are pleased with our new elliptical. If for some reason things change after we've used it for a bit, I'll update this, but right now it seems to be a very good value, and quite a sturdy machine. Glad we decided on this mid-priced one rather than a bigger, more expensive one.
on December 17, 2011
I love it. I use it everyday. It was quite hard to put together, but with some team work and muscle it got put together and works great!
on March 10, 2012
This elliptical is good for the price. As I am only 5'3", the stride works perfectly for me. The only con I have is the handle bars - they're too long. A little hard to assemble, but it's doable ( just read the manual & assess the steps ).
on January 10, 2012
A little hard to put together, but works great and fits well in our tight workout room! Came on time and a good store to purchase from. thanks!
on March 22, 2015
Cheap product. Better to buy better quality elliptical
on March 28, 2015
I think for the price this is probably the best you're going to find for this type of item and construction. It wasn't difficult to put together (I could have done it alone but I chose to have roommates help, overall I would definitely say you can do it alone and it wont' be too bad). The unit itself, though, isn't particularly great and I have found that after only a few uses some of the screws began loosening and I'd have to try to tighten them. I would honestly say I don't feel like the sturdiness of the machine is actually in question even though it definitely squeaks and is not nearly like a real gym machine. I didn't get the heart monitor to work at all and that may have been due to my carelessness about that when putting it together ( I was less than worried about that feature). The screen has some pretty okay little settings and the battery seems to have lasted for quite some time now. Other pointers you might need to know as far as how durable it is. If you're a heavier person or a taller person, this likely isn't good enough. I'm five foot and plus size and I feel like a bigger person than me would wear the machine down way too quickly to be worth the money, so buyer beware! Spend the thousand bucks and get a good one if you have doubts!
on December 29, 2013
I tool about an hour to assemble but after owning it for a few weeks I love it. Quiet and a good workout. Expect to sweat!