Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 25, 2006 12:36:49 PM PST
Tage Smith says:
The Floyd you hear on the radio (ie Water's Floyd) and the Floyd you hear on this album are two different bands. The latter was the only Pink Floyd I had heard and for the most part I found it to be good, but this album is spectacular! There is nothing quite like it of this era- it's fun, it's silly, it's dark, it's whimsical, it's intense, it's raw, it's deep, it's up, it's down, it's upside down, buy it!

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2006 8:44:33 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 14, 2006 8:36:24 PM PDT
Zack H. says:
Indeed! "Piper" is my absolute favorite Floyd album. It's the epitome of psychedelic rock. I love the Syd-era stuff the most, followed by Roger-era Floyd. Shine on Syd Barrett!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 27, 2007 12:58:27 PM PDT
fetish_2000 says:
For me....it'll probably have to be "Animals", as it was my first proper entry into Pink Floyd. I'd heard the odd Floyd track, here and there....but when a friend sat me down, and played "Animals", it lead to me picking up virtually all their best albums.

Outside that personal attachment to "Animals".....then "Meddle" & "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn", tie for second place.

Posted on Jan 4, 2010 11:53:25 AM PST
Walter Five says:
Get the 40th Anniversary edition box set that came out a few years ago. It has the long out of print mono mix, the stereo mix, and 4 additional cuts that were previously unheard and un-bootlegged. 8-)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Mar 25, 2006
Latest post:  Jan 4, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Piper at the Gates of Dawn
The Piper at the Gates of Dawn by Pink Floyd (Audio CD - 1994)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (430)