Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on November 4, 2012
I actually purchased this book in advance of getting a Kindle Fire HD--I wanted to see what kind of apps there were available before taking the plunge. This book is not only informative ---it got me all the more anxious to order my Kindle Fire!

Written in a breezy yet professional style, this great e-book has gathered together a fantastic assortment of apps of all types---from practical to whimsical and beyond. It is obvious that the writers are enthusiastic Kindle Fire owners and app junkies, and that they've done the research makes my life so much easier. I know exactly which apps I'll be loading on my device when it arrives!

Even better, all of the apps reviewed are free--those that have a cost, (or which have paid versions with more features, or no ads) are indicated in the individual reviews.

Having this book has saved me so many hours online research (and future downloading trial and error) that I cannot recommend it strongly enough. And as I'm a new Kindle Fire HD owner, the bonus information at the end of the volume aimed specifically for new users is worth the small price of the book alone!

Great information, helpful tips and a fun, good read besides! Buy it!
0Comment| 163 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2013
What an informative book! I'm frankly amazed at the sheer number of free apps cited by the authors. Along with their personal recommendations, this is a very valuable must, particularly for new kindle owners like myself. So many appealing apps to choose from & explore, everyone is bound to find something that sounds enjoyable to them! I only wish I'd found this one sooner, as I paid to download something I thought was similar, but when opened, was sadly lacking. Got a new kindle? Get this book!!! Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got apps!
0Comment| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2013
I really wasn't sure I'd find a lot of value in this book, but I was pleasantly surprised and found a lot of apps I'd probably have missed otherwise. The recommendations are solid in all the categories and I agreed with the authors' assessments of the apps once I test drove them
on November 27, 2012
I just got my kindle fire HD about three weeks ago and I am still figuring out everything it can do, so when I found this book I figured it was worth checking out. It uses a clickable table of content so you can just click on the section you want and it takes you right there. Each section begins with the "Must Have App" and then has a few similar, lesser apps. You can almost always count on the "Must Have App" to be the one you want, but there is the occasional lemon in there.

All in all, this is easy to use and is a very convenient thing to have when looking for new apps.
on February 19, 2013
Haven't tried any of the apps yet, but I am very impressed with the information provided in this book. A great resource. Would recommended it to everyone.
on November 13, 2012
Because I am new to owning a Kindle Fire I found this book very helpful. It has a lot of good information about the various apps available.

Some of the apps you have to pay for, but most of them are free and I liked that they had all been tested to make sure they worked on the Fire HD because I read that not every app does.
0Comment| 107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 30, 2013
Book was a good read. I found several apps to try that I never knew existed. Some I will be trying on my smartphone, as well!

A useful tip is to use the highlighter to highlight apps in the book so you don't have to write them down and you can go back to them at a later time when you want to check them out.
on February 7, 2013
Had all of the links that I have been looking for in one easy spot with simple directions on using and downloading.
on January 17, 2013
After looking through the best apps out there for my Kidle Fire ,there is not a doubt in my mind that I will be returning. I love my new Kindle and tonight I found out a few things I had questions about concerning downloading directly from the Kindle and think I have found the answer. Thanks for this great App. CHERYL
on November 27, 2012
Since my hubby gave me a Kindle Fire last Christmas, it goes everywhere with me- to the store, to the salon, to the airport... Being able to read anywhere is great, and I'm just now discovering the joy of apps- and there are a wide range of them available for the KF. That's where this guide really come in handy- I like being able to pick a topic and then read about the apps available. And free lifetime updates to the guide are a nice perk- now I won't have to buy a new copy every year. My only complaint is that I wish there were more listings for smaller, more obscure app developers, but for the value overall I'm well satisfied.