4.0 out of 5 stars Another Smashing Hit for BLE

Published on March 14, 2002 by 48bookworms

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best of lesbian erotica, March 14, 2002
"48bookworms" (Oakland, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Best Lesbian Erotica 2002 (Paperback)
I was looking forward to reading this book from cover to cover in one sitting but it was impossible to do. This book is certainly not the "best" of lesbian erotica. I would suggest that the editors cast a wider net than they have done to see what they catch. The experience and focus were too narrow, story structures too hackneyed, definitely not new. There were two stories that were exceptions that saves my rating from dropping to zero. It was a disappointing collection. The editors must try to step out more often into the world to see what and where truly innovative writing is happening and bring it to us.

This review is from: Best Lesbian Erotica 2002 (Paperback)
Tristan Taormino has done it again. She and Amber Hollibaugh have picked 23 gems. They are hot, hot to the touch and the thought. There are several returning authors whose work continues to press boundaries and push buttons. They've added an international flavor this time with "Farang Traveler or, A Girl's Guide to Patpong" by Chris Lombardi and "Redemption" by Michael M. Hernandez, heartfelt, sly and wicked by turns. But Toni Amato humbles me. His clarity translates into painfully, joyfully brilliant prose and I am awed at the way that boi captures completely what I tremble to touch. This is an awesome collection, worthy of any erotica shelf.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet & Naughty, but sometimes Mundane, April 29, 2005
Debra Wilson (Lancaster, California, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Best Lesbian Erotica 2002 (Paperback)
Like many of the other collections of several authors, there are some sweet and suculent gems in here, but there's also some that just don't do a thing.

If you're a fan of erotica, pick up a copy, and give it a go. It's not the best thing I've ever read, but it's far from the worst.

I will be checking out other editions of this series.

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, February 5, 2013
This review is from: Best Lesbian Erotica 2002 (Paperback)
It was boring to me, couldn't really keep up with it. Didn't hold my attention at all and I tried reading it a couple times.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty hot, January 14, 2013
This review is from: Best Lesbian Erotica 2002 (Paperback)
It was hard not to turn red in front of my unsuspecting church friends that I would be reading in front of. Of course none of them knew what I was reading since I had a book cover on it but still...

5.0 out of 5 stars So erotica!, February 1, 2002
This review is from: Best Lesbian Erotica 2002 (Paperback)
This book was the best book that I have ever read! Second to, "The Old Man and The Sea." I found it very erotifying. The pictures are fantastic, so are the articles. They are chalk full of sexxy details..and naughty secrets! It has succeeded to fulfill my cravings!

4.0 out of 5 stars Hot book, good stories., December 13, 2001
This review is from: Best Lesbian Erotica 2002 (Paperback)
I enjoyed most of the book.... but by far the one I enjoyed most was the story by Betty Blue. *whew*!

Best Lesbian Erotica 2002
Best Lesbian Erotica 2002 by Tristan Taormino (Paperback - January 9, 2002)
Used & New from: $0.01