5.0 out of 5 stars Best of Mica's Best
Published on January 15, 2006 by L. Hutchins

3.0 out of 5 stars This has all of Mica's best songs. Lacks a little oomph
Published on May 10, 2004 by guillermoj

3.0 out of 5 stars This has all of Mica's best songs. Lacks a little oomph, May 10, 2004
guillermoj (Washington, DC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Best of (Audio CD)
Mica Paris has a very nice voice reminiscent of Natalie Cole. When she dropped her debut CD "So Good," she gave a strong indication that there could be a superstar in the making at least in her native UK. Songs like "My One Temptation" (which is simply superb) and "So Good" showed much promise. I also enjoyed her version of "You Put A Move On My Heart" as well as her duet with the incomparable Will Downing on "Where Is The Love." They both do the song proud.
Ultimately I think that Mica failed to make a stronger impact because she went the traditional R & B route, which of course is not a bad thing, but her voice, youth, song arrangements and generally tepid song selection made it difficult to make a case for bypassing more seasoned and stronger singers like Anita Baker on one end and hipper soul singers like Lisa Stanfield.
Listening to this collection you get the very best of her 3 releases and it's a placid collection, but not a must-have unless you have all the works of major talents ranging from Nina Simone to Joss Stone. Mica easily earns 3 stars and if you like middle of the road adult contemporary r & b, everything here will satisfy you. I am glad that I bought it for the songs that I highlighted but it's not a release that gets much play in my crowded music universe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of Mica's Best, January 15, 2006
This review is from: Best of (Audio CD)
It's been a long awaiting for a CD which showcases a variety of styles that fits Mica's vocal range. The only fault I have is there were tracks that were release in the U.S. that were not included on this CD. Whoever said she reminds them of Anita Baker and/or Regina Belle needs to get their hearing check. I don't hear the vocal styles of those two. If anything, she reminds me of a young British version of Natalie Cole. Especially when she sings My One Temptation. Overall I still give this CD a perfect 5 starts!

4.0 out of 5 stars Underated Singer, August 28, 2006
This review is from: Best of (Audio CD)
Mica Paris caught my attention back in the day with One Temptation and was forgotten in many respects in the U S. I stumbled upon this album and was glad I did. There are a lot of remakes as well as a duet with will downing that is not bad.

3.0 out of 5 stars With the right material, Mica is stellar, May 8, 2010
This review is from: Best of (Audio CD)
To the person that said Lisa Stansfield was hip - when and where was this?? Not saying Ms Stansfield can't sing but I definitely think Mica Paris wins in the 'hip' stakes - she's shared a stage with Anita Baker and worked with some legendary jazz musicians as well as collaborating with Omar (revered British singer/songwriter) and Prince. Yes I know you wrote this review 6 years ago and are probably thinking 'WTF' but I just had to say something.

Mica's voice is unique, distinctive and most of today's recording artists can't hold a candle up to her vocally - having said that, when I listen to the bulk of her songs I get really frustrated because I love her voice, she is so immensly gifted and I want her to blow me away every time but she doesn't or should I say, can't, because a lot of her material lets her down. Though I must say, when the song is a good one, she is awesome - the funky 'Should've known better' (not on this compilation - WHY?? It's one of her best) and the beautiful 'Where is the love', with Will Downing - and if you look for You Tube performances like 'Glory Glory Lord we adore thee' (the sister act 2 version, Mica was helping out a school choir as well!) - that is pure musical gold.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice overview for beginners, but...missing a few things, April 11, 2005
G. Mitchell "greggmitch" (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Best of (Audio CD)
While it's always nice to have all of Mica's stunning singles all in one place, it would have been more valuable for true fans of Micar Paris and completists like me to have sought-after tracks, like her many rare, long deleted B-sides and non-LP tracks, PLUS where is the amazing club/house remix of MY ONE TEMPTATION remixed by Bruce Forrest in 1989 and only appearing on the original U.S. 12"? I have it on vinyl, but would have been nice to have on CD for clarity and posterity - but still, if you're coming to Mica new, this is a good value for the $$$.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love Keeps Coming Back!, April 17, 2009
This review is from: Best of (Audio CD)
I only had cassettes of Mica Paris' albums. I don't have all of her music but I did enjoy this greatest hits album because I fell in love with "Love Keeps Coming Back", written by the great Rod Temperton. Mica just kills it! She's herself, but she channels Chaka Khan in my opinion, and I enjoy it thoroughly. Tha gurl can sang!

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Overall View, July 6, 2002
This review is from: Best of (Audio CD)
Mica Paris without a doubt one of the most Underrated Artists over the past 20 years easily.I became Hooked on Her Vocals from Her Album with the really good song "My One Temptation"&I Have dug Her Voice.She hasn't always had the Best Material to deal with overall but She is a Artist that Should be Heard.

Best of
Best of by Mica Paris (Audio CD - 2001)