Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Best of Nek: L'Anno Zero
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Audio CD|Change

on September 30, 2004
Ever since I got this album six months ago I have not been able to stop listening to it. I am absolutely in love with it. All of Nek's songs are very enjoyable and you'll find yourself singing along after you've listened to it once or twice. Even now when I listen to the CD, I listen to it at least two times. The whole CD is great especially "Sto con te," "La Vita e`," and "Cielo e terra," which is a great song to have at the end of the album because it keeps you listening until the very end. This is such a great CD and I reccommend any fan of italian music to buy it.

Che Buonissimo!
on March 23, 2006
I think this CD has been in my 6-disc CD changer at least 90% of the 2+ years that I've owned it. Every time I take it out, it seems to somehow find its way back into the changer after a couple of weeks. I do own two other Nek CDs but this one is clearly the "Best of". Although it's hard to pick a favorite track off of this album, "In Te" is the one that probably gets me at the deepest level. Not only is the melody hauntingly emotional, the lyrics are even more powerful and understanding them can make one appreciate Nek as an artist even more. If you only buy one Nek CD, make it this one.
on August 10, 2005
L'Anno Zero contains the hits that you need from Nek's career. Of the new tracks you should ignore the facile "Almeno Stavolta," but "L'Anno Zero" is a keeper. As for the rest of the songs, you can't really go wrong. That is, EXCEPT for "Sei Solo Tu". This would have been an exceptional example of Italian rock at it's best. It comes from 2002's Le Cose Da Defendere (another fine Nek album for your collection), and on that album it was featured as a duet with Laura Pausini. However, for some inexplicable reason (probably licensing), here it does not include Pausini's vocals! The duet was the version that hit big in Italy, not this. Don't give us only half of one of Nek's biggest songs. It would be like having a greatest hits album of Kid Rock where only he sings "Picture". Quibbling aside, if you don't own most or any of Nek's previous albums this is a good choice.
on March 14, 2011
This cd is great for the beginning Nek fan. It has about 2-3 hit songs from each of his previous albums. The songs are of great length and there are enough of them to feel like you have bought a value. His songs are mature, honest and have original sound. It is no accident that Nek won at a very young age one of the most prestigious music awards at the San Remo Music Festival that is held each year in Italy. One can't imagine that such a young person can have such a depth of talent. I highly recommend that you start your Nek experience today and be hooked as a long-time fan like the rest of us who have purchased and continue to purchase his music.
Bravo, Long-live Nek!!!
on December 10, 2013
The Best of Nek gives us a wonderful compilation of Nek's music across the years. Nek's distinctive voice ranges from a low throaty sexiness to a passionate stentorian, all the while rapped up in melodies that pull you into his songs. Unique among singers today, I can easily imagine that he is singing to me as an individual, such is the personal nature and quality of his music. Of special distinction is the song En Te. I have always liked it, but never paid attention to the lyrics (I have to pay special attention to Italian to understand it in more than just phrases.) Once I actually started to listen to the heartfelt lyrics of the song, and even though I am a staunch supporter of a woman's right to choose, I find to be exceptionally well crafted. The idea of an father pleading with an expectant mother to not abort a child with images of life (he is already breathing in you) and childhood ( I will buy him bags of popcorn) combined with the urgency and sincerity in his voice can move me to tears, such is the love that one hears. Since when does one sing a song about love for a child outside of Christmas in this day and age? Just this perspective alone I find fascinating, and is part of what distinguishes Nek from the so many others.
on February 8, 2004
The Best of Nek L'ANNO ZERO is such a great album, if you have been a fan for years or just discover him. The Best of Nek is a music classic that youll enjoy from the 2 new tracks to even the 16 Italian classics. I dont speak a word of Italian, i discover Nek with his Spanish music, and now i have all his Italian and Spanish cds...i Highly recommend the album, cant wait for the Spanish Grandes Exitos of Nek, it will be the same as THE BEST OF NEK but it will include a DVD Out March 23 2004.
on May 23, 2006
Well, in my humble opinion this is NEK's best album alongside with the other one called UNA PARTE DI ME (basically his newest one). Just for the record, as for the latter one, in my review I wrote that this album was out in two versions and the only thing that distinguishes them is only one word (look the review up and you shall have the difference - although both versions are incredible).

Now to this album, well, what can someone say except that it is incredible; from the song SEI SOLO TU (which also comes in another version with LAURA PAUSINI, not in this album) or the rest such as, LAURA NON C'E'. Either way, this album has a balanced mix from pop ballads to more `faster' pop songs. As for the singer, alongside with Eros, Laura Pausini and a few others, he belongs to the category of the most known Italian singers in the international scene (something you will also realize very soon when you listen to this album).

Highly recommended!!!
on March 17, 2007
I've never had a Nek album before, so I started out with this. I was not disappointed in the least. Nek's style is romantic pop/rock, and it comes out clearly with each song. I had no idea he had been creating music since the early 90's, and it was great to hear a wide range of his songs on this album.

I understand some Italian, so my respect for his lyrics soared. Even if you can't understand the Italian language, don't be discouraged. It's still good music! If you like romantic ballads with a bit of attitude, pick up "L'anno Zero." You'll be pleasantly surprised.

Highlights:

L'anno Zero (The Zero Year), In Te (In You), Cuori in Tempesta (Hearts in the Storm), Tu Sei, Tu Sai (You Are, You Know), Laura Non C'è (Laura's Not Here), Cielo e Terra (Heaven and Earth)
on October 15, 2003
After 10 years years of making great Italian music, Nek releases his first "Best Of"--L'anno Zero. It's truly an outstanding album that compiles the greatest hits of his career. I especially love the two new tracks--ALMENO STAVOLTA (which brings back a little bit of energy into Nek's music) and L'ANNO ZERO--a sweet song which can only be described as Nek at his best. Like many other best of collections, this album is notably missing a few of Nek's best songs--Vivere Senza Te and Noi Due, could have been easily included in this compilation, but 16 of Nek's most popular songs on one CD are sure to make his fans happy.
on April 17, 2008
I love this CD!!! A voice of pure gold! A voice that resonates around you & makes you fall in love all over again every time you listen to this CD!! Thank you for sharing your fabulous voice Nek! Hugs,M