Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Best Of Nelly Furtado [2 CD Deluxe Edition]
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

on November 14, 2013
I don't usually get long winded rating something on amazon, but I am this time. This information is for positive open minded people that love music. But first...there are people out there that described Nelly as a hack, sings with a nasal tone, not talented. To those writing about Nelly or any artist in a negative way...why are you so negative? If you don't like what you hear, listen to someone else! That's why there are thousands of recording artists out there. Does it make you feel important vilifying someone? OK, I am off my soapbox.
You might say that I've rediscovered Nelly recently. I had the pleasure of seeing one of her very first live performances where she sang, I'm like a bird. I new she was raw but had an interesting sound. I have been in the music business since I was 14. I am 64 now and have performed just about every kind of music you can think of. Addressing Nelly's nasal sound...not all songs are like that, I think some are done on purpose by voice and or in the studio mix. I don't mind it and there are only a few anyway. If you have listened to Nelly the past 13 plus years you know that she has experimented with all types of music. She can go from raw and raunchy to angelic. A few of my favorites are, Turn off the light, On the radio, Maneater, Say it right. I can tell you that most of the recordings are simple musical backgrounds ( even though they don't sound like it) and are quality sound mixed. If you have not experienced her music, I suggest you go on line and watch some of her videos. I hope this information has been helpful. Smile today and enjoy life!
on May 4, 2012
I saw a YouTube video of Nellie Furtado a few years ago and was intrigued and that was seemingly the end of it. Then I listened to this Best of Nellie Furtado CD and really liked it. I listened a few more times and was struck by the creativity, versatility, raw effective vocals, interesting lyrics, and intriguing mesmerizing change-ups. All Good Things (Come to an End) is original, lyrical, elegant, witty, and moving. The low throaty vocals that lead into Girlfriend in the City are spine chilling. The songs on this CD grow on you. The more you listen, the more you want to listen. It's easy to fall in love with Nellie Furtado based on her enthralling vocals against a backdrop of creative and often ingenious song construction.
on December 11, 2010
The Deluxe Edition of "Best Of Nelly Furtado" has 2 CDs : the first CD has 17 tracks, the same as those in "The Best Of Nelly Furtado" CD. This first CD has good reviews here on Amazon as of today. The second CD has 7 wonderful tracks reviewed as follows : "Quando, Quando, Quando" is solid/gem track featuring Michael Buble' with beautiful music & clear great vocals. "Te Busque" is a great duet with Juanes. "Island Of Wonder" is great 'reggae feel' track featuring Caetano Vloso. "I'm Like A Bird" is solid track/gem of the famous track, here as a dance remix version (Nelly vs Asha Remix as compared to the one in Disc 1). "Who Wants To Be Alone" is an okay electro-pop track featuring Tiesto. "Sacrifice" is a great rap track by The Roots featuring Nelly Furtado. The closing track "In God's Hands" is a solid track/gem : beautiful music on a laid-back track with clear great vocals & harmonies featuring Keith Urban. He does add great value to this track as compared to Nelly Furtado's 'solo' in Disc 1. On overall, this is a great representation of Nelly Furtado's great & successful career so far, she will be releasing a new CD in 2011, a highly recommended 2 CD release (Deluxe Edition).
on June 6, 2014
I think that Nelly is underrated, and i don't have the urge to purchase all her individual albums, but i've always enjoyed the singles she's put out. pretty much all of her singles on this are great listens. she has a wonderful quality to her voice that is not typical for pop females.
on September 2, 2012
Obviously I am a huge KEITH urban fan, but I never had a clue that this collaberation ever happened. I never got wind of it anyplace and thought I hadn't missed a thing that he did music wise, BUT I found this on accident and cried at both the videos, a still with Keith pix, and Nell singing alone on a beach with the water flowwing.....beautiful touching song, so I got it for that one song and SO LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!
on November 16, 2010
This is a great CD compilation of the Canadian pop superstar singer-songwriter Nelly Furtado's musical career so far, titled "The Best Of Nelly Furtado" (including 3 previously unreleased tracks). This great CD opens with the solid track/gem, "I'm Like A Bird" : great track with beautiful vocals & harmony. "Turn Off The Light" is a great track with racy vocals. "**** On The Radio(Remember The Days)" is another great track with great vocals & melody. "Fotografia" is a solid track/gem with great Spanish guitar, a duet with Juanes. "Powerless(Say What You Want)" is just an okay song. "Try" is a great laid-back track with great guitar chords. "Forca" is a solid track/gem with great Spanish guitar. "Promiscuous" is good track featuring the legendary Timbaland. "Maneater" is an interesting interpretation/cover of Daryll Hall & John Oats's classic. "Say It Right" is a solid electro-pop song/gem. "All Good Things(Come To An End)" is a great pop track with great harmonies. "In God's Hands" is a solid laid-back track/gem. This is my favourite track from this great compilation. "Broken Strings" is an okay track featuring the deep voice of James Morrison. "Girlfriend In The City" is an okay 'drumming' track with good vocals. "Night Is Young" is a great electro-dance number (this is the first single/video). "Stars" is a great track with a beautiful acoustic guitar entrance. The closing track, "Manos Al Aire" is a solid pop track/gem of a song. On overall, this is a great compilation of Nelly Furtado's musical career so far, a highly recommended listening.
on June 4, 2011
Her hits are really good, but the album was not as good as I thought it would be. I should have just downloaded the songs I like. I don't listen to it as much as I thought I would.
on December 27, 2012
Very good price, It arrived on time, in very good conditions, well packaged, excellent quality, I like it very much
on November 16, 2010
Despite the fact that I am a huge Nelly Furtado fan who eagerly anticipates every album she records, regardless of the language, I do not feel that four albums warrants a Best Of compilation, particularly when one of the albums, Mi Plan, is only represented with one song (Manos al Aire). Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but greatest hits albums should come later in a career, when that career is winding down. Nelly's career is not winding down.

That being said, this is a very good collection of songs. "Loose" is understandably the most represented with five songs, and "Do It" could have made it six. I've always believed that "Folklore" was a terribly underrated album, one I still love to listen to, but since there were so few singles, it would be hard to justify putting something like "One Trick Pony" or "Childhood Dreams" on here, as good as they are. Fotografia is an excellent collaboration with Juanes from pre-Folklore, and I personally would have swapped out "Broken Strings" for "Give it to Me" with Timbaland and Justin Timberlake.

As for the new songs, all good, though probably not a top-five single among them. Still, they offer a nice holdover until her new studio album comes out in 2011.

1. Girlfriend in the City. This is my favorite of the three new songs. Good beat, good chorus, about a cheating boyfriend but not some man-hating anthem.

2. Night is Young. It's an electro-dance song about living life to the fullest. Wouldn't have been my top choice as the lead single, but it's a good, happy tune, somewhat like "Glow" from "Loose."

3. Stars. This is just a beautiful ballad with Nelly and an acoustic guitar. Her voice is unique, but she can really sing, as evidenced by songs like this and by her live performances.
on August 20, 2011
Ordered this used cd, perfect condition. Very fast shipping, item just as described. Will order again. This album is great! I love nelly Furtado and some of her best songs are on this disc :)