4.0 out of 5 stars not a shoddy cd, but just missing one good song..., March 23, 2005
This review is from: Best of (Audio CD)
this is the first real good collection of norman's music that i've come across. the hits are all here, including the late nite quiet storm classic 'you are my starship', featuring michael henderson. some cool tracks i discovered on this cd were " be there in the morning" featuring miss adaritha on vocals, and the title track to norman's 1977 lp "romantic journey". for the missing song, that would have to go to the song "invitation", which rapper mos def actually sampled to perfection on the 2002 "brown sugar" soundtrack. other than that, this is a stellar release. thanks to buddah records and norman connors.

5.0 out of 5 stars A smooth. relaxing album., January 26, 2007
This review is from: Best of (Audio CD)
I love Norman Connors. Although I am only 24 years old, his music is very interesting. It is easy to fall in love with every song. This album is Norman Connors at his finest. My favorite songs on this album would have to be You are My Starship, Dindi, Love from the Sun, and Mother of the Future. I can't wait to get my drivers license, so I can cruise to the sounds of his music while I am driving in New York City!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of Norman Connors, September 19, 2005
This review is from: Best of (Audio CD)
It took to long to get this on CD. This is a classic from the 70's and a timeless treasure.

4.0 out of 5 stars Considering Norman's vast catalog, this CD is too shoddy!, August 7, 2003
Justo Roteta (Los Angeles, California United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Best of (Audio CD)
Most of Norman's classic Buddah albums deserve to be reissued on CD. While this one has all the big hits, maybe it should have been a 2-CD set. Connors was a very important figure in 1970s jazz and he deserves a better and more complete anthology.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best of Norman Connors., April 5, 2007
This review is from: Best of (Audio CD)
There's a reason this CD is called the Best of Norman Connors--it's because it is the BEST hands-down. "Valentine Love," especially, is my all-time favorite. It is timeless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Norman Connors, Phyllis Hyman, Jean Carne, Michael Henderson, February 27, 2011
C. Carter (West Bloomfield, MI USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Best of (Audio CD)
I have this from 'back in the day' in a 33 rpm wax (ask your parents or grandparents what I'm talking about). I was overjoyed to have it on cd. It sounds great and brought back many beautiful memories. This was the first time I heard Phyllis Hyman and I have been a diehart fan ever since. Great vocals, great music. This is a classic that should be required for your jazz or r&b collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Old School, May 29, 2014
This review is from: Best of (Audio CD)
Great Collection Norman Connors and Michael Henderson, recommend other to buy this item for collection and you won't regret it

5.0 out of 5 stars King of the "Quiet Storm", March 27, 2009
Took a while for me to find this also, but it's classic Norman Connors. I so miss this music today, where is Jean Carn (?) and the lead on "This is your Life"...classic. Of course, Ms Phyllis Hyman (sorely missed). In fact, Norman advanced the career on these stellar artists...Michael Henderson, etc. Love it!

Best of
Best of by Norman Connors (Audio CD - 2001)