Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Best Of
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Format: MP3 Music|Change
Price:$9.99

on June 12, 2008
Five-star material, one-star effort. 2008 is the 25th Anniversary of Sawyer Brown. May of 2008 saw the (virtually unpromoted) release of "Best of Sawyer Brown," a new compilation/greatest hits album. I'm very disappointed in Curb Records. Not that the songs selected are bad choices:

1. Step That Step
7. Thank God for You
8. This Night Won't Last Forever
9. Six Days on the Road
10. They Don't Understand

All of them certainly qualify as "Best of" material, but only 10 songs after 25 years?!?!? I would think this should be at least a 2 CD set. My personal "Best of" compilation contains over 30 tunes! IMO this should be a 2 CD set with "25th Anniversary Collection" emblazoned on the front. The boys deserve much more than this. Hopefully the energy they didn't put in this release is being put into a new album for release in the near future. A decent compilation, but it should have been so much more.
on September 20, 2008
If this were a "Greatest Hits 3" I could possibly understand the scant track listing. But this is the band's 25th Anniversary - what the hell Curb records!?!? You could have really done something special for the fans and sold a couple thousand units instead of throwing this to the wind. Where's the track listing spanning the entire career? Where's a full color booklet with photos from over the years? Alternate shots from older photo shoots that Curb certainly has in their archive? A companion DVD of all their music videos?

This just goes to show Curb has NO care whatsoever for this band any longer, nor any creativity in the music business. Why did Sawyer Brown go BACK after leaving Lyric Street? For this!?
on February 12, 2010
I'm a big fan, so I enjoy this CD...but as for the choices of songs I can only say 'Eh, it's ok'. Sorry boys--this isn't a deserving compilation of 25 years of hits!
on March 10, 2014
What can be said about this group other than real talent and songs. This is one of the best bands and some of the best songs to come along. It really is to bad that we don't have this kind of music today and since I have been a country fan my entire life I have lost some of the feelings to the ones today. I am not really sure what you would call some of this music today, but a whole lot of it isn't country. I do feel that these artists can step outside and do something different, but the genre's should stay as they have always been. Country/Rock/Alternative/Pop. This was a great group of guys and loved the music.
on May 1, 2014
I could do a better job of mastering the levels...to make them sound CONSISTENT...on these songs, using a home stereo. The Race Is On is ultra quiet and Six Days is totally over modulated. It's like a completely tone deaf monkey slapped this set of tunes together and called it 'good'. Beyond pathetic. Frankly, I would like a refund from Amazon.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2013
The band scored a number of Top 5 and Top 10 hits --- including 2 more Billboard No. 1s with 1992's "Some Girls Do", and 1993's "Thank God for You", which Mark Miller co-wrote with Mac McAnally
on July 11, 2014
First of all, this is a very good country-western band. They're not the type of band that rockets to the top and then fizzles out. They have a consistent, stylized form of county music. However, I don't think this is their best. They have some better tunes than those included here. I especially like their gospel sounds such as Glory To The King or my favorite Little Town Of Bethlehem.
on May 24, 2013
After being at their outdoor performance, I raced home and ordered the albums from Amazon. Both arrived in the usual prompt and perfect condition and we have enjoyed them ever since.
on June 23, 2013
These are all of the Sawyer Brown songs that were so popular in their hey day! Brings back awesome memories. If you like Six Days on the Road by Sawyer Brown, then buy this album!
on February 18, 2013
I really enjoy this music. I only purchased the album for one song, but the entire album is great. If you like this type of music you should enjoy the whole album.