Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 10, 2010
If you do not own this, or any other previous releases, this DVD is not a bunch of crock! These are original classic episodes featuring Betty White, Carol Burnett, and many more! This is a must for any game show fan!
on February 5, 2010
I bought this, thinking it was an additional volume of episodes of the one I bought that was released in 2008. In fact, it's the same episodes, with 2 missing from the earlier edition.
Obviously, I wouldn't have bought this if I had known it was the same thing. Also, the title has been altered slightly. The first one I bought mentions the years 1962-1957. This new volume says 1961-1967, so naturally I thought new episodes were being released. So, as I said, What a Crock to the eggheads who released this in a misleading manner. Beware.
1111 comments| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 24, 2010
I bought this wonderful set at a local video store for $5.00. It was WELL WORTH it!
The folks at Mill Creek know where to get winners! And THIS one is no exception. I am a major fan of 1960's TV...back when TV WAS TV!
The quality is great for films this old.
Crystal clear sound and sensational video.
ANY fan of this show or others from the 1960's will LOVE this set.
BELIEVE ME! I don't go out there and waste my money!
WAY TO GO MILL CREEK!
Alan Ludden created a simple but eminently entertaining show in Password, and the early years were the best. Guest stars included some of the most engaging comedians, actors, band leaders, and other personalities of the day. Although the games themselves were interesting, the real appeal was the interaction between the guest star players ... both with each other and with Alan, and occasionally with the players. You've never seen anyone as gracious as Alan Ludden. He met Betty White when she was a guest on the show and they later married.

You'll find some wonderfully entertaining moments on this DVD. You might also watch for its occasional runs on the Game Show network. When they show it, it is generally in the wee morning hours, so use the search feature and then set your DVR to catch it. You'll be glad you did! In those runs you'll find such thrills as Jimmy Steward and wife Gloria (and their kids), Lucille Ball, Carol Burnette, Mitch Miller, Carol Channing, Peter Lawford (who held the long time record for the fastest lightning round), Skitch Henderson (you may not remember who Skitch was, but look him up ... he was also one of most engaging Password guest stars), Bennet Cerf, and the list goes on. This was a coveted guest role for major stars in those days. They enjoyed playing the game and were happy to do so on TV for us all to see. There are some moments to cherish in these shows.
VINE VOICEon March 7, 2014
This is a blasty. First of all the game is great but we get to see the stars who played who are now legends. JAmes Mason, Jane onda (at 19) Lucille Ball and her family, a young Johnny Carson and a young Bob Newhart. There's Betty white in her late 20's after onlyt TWO
television series. We see Robert poreston and Olivia De Haviland, Gary Moore and a string of people who are remarkable.

At the same time we get to play the game and that is fun. I was born when the first episodes preimered. The Black and white strobe made me feel old.The laughing did not.
on January 11, 2014
This DVD is good only because it's about the only DVD of classic Password out there. Unfortunately, the particular episodes that were selected are certainly not the best. I think whomever made this complication looked for the most famous celebrities and did not take into consideration the actual game play. Many of the celebrities are quite famous (Joan Crawford, Lucille Ball, etc.), but they were not good Password players, and thus the playing of the game leaves a lot to be desired.
on December 3, 2008
I was dissapointed by the release of Family Feud as they didn't give you complete shows or all of the stars listed. So imagine my suprise when The Best of Password came out. I've only looked at 2 of the 4 discs so far, but they appear to be complete shows in excellent quality with loads of great guest stars. Kudos to BCI! I'm already looking forward to volume two!
44 comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 28, 2012
This is a classic game show and has been done in various forms throughout the years like Password Plus Super Password and Million Dollar Password. All those are good and so is this which is the original Password. The only thing tough about it is that the clues had to be one word. I snached this up as I did DVDs of other game shows and its not a disappointment. You might be disappointed if you dont get it and trust me you should.
on November 26, 2014
Pssword was a fun TV quiz show with those stars as guests. This was a favorite of mine and many others. And with TV-guests that are no longer around. An easy going, yet raher fast paced format for all the family. This collection...is...A winner.
on August 11, 2013
As for myself, I think that this is a Really Good Television Show; it has in my Opinion, a lot of really Good Lessons could be Learned from this Show. For those people that pay Very Close Attention to Many Things, they will be able to understand the reasoning to why I say it's a really Good Television Show to go Watching. In my own Opinion, I would have to say that It is Also a Family Oreiented Television Show that could really Help Youngsters to be able to Learn just that Much Better in my own Opinion.