5.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't stop laughing
I bought this CD to have something funny to listen to as I drive to work. I had to pull over a couple of times because I was laughing so hard. All the clips are funny, but there is one clip that was never aired and can only be heard on this CD. It, alone, is worth buying the CD. Highly recommend it!!!
Published on January 14, 2011 by nancymc

1.0 out of 5 stars Embarrasing gift
I bought this as a gift for my in-laws because I have often listened to "Wait Wait!" on NPR and enjoyed it very much. Apparently though, whoever edited for this CD decided the funniest bits were the raunchiest bits. My in laws could not finish the CD, they were so offended by it.
Published 20 months ago by Brian Shumway

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Embarrasing gift, June 16, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't stop laughing, January 14, 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars a good taste of a great radio show, February 20, 2009
If you have ever enjoyed this weekly news and current events radio show this is great reminder of how funny and inspired it can be.If you have never listened to the show this cd will make you a fan.I hope they put more of the shows on cd.Peter Sagal is a great host and Paula Poundstone is one of the quickest comic minds in the country.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another funny "Wait Wait Show" - this time the focus is on the panelists., March 13, 2013
I've always enjoyed the "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me" show on NPR when I remember to catch it on Saturday afternoons on my local NPR station. But I often forget. I've been "catching up", so to speak, by listening to three different two-CD collections from the WWDTM archives and boy am I having a blast! I have transferred some to my MP3 player and listen as I walk down the street or ride the bus. I've been getting strange looks for passersby, or fellow bus riders, when, at various points in listening I break out into a big laugh. And, I'll bet "dollars to donuts" ( a phrase you just might hear from one of the three rotating panelists - nearly all humorists like Roy Blount Jr or Paula Poundstone) that you will break out laughing at least a half-dozen times during the 22 "segments" included on each double-disc set.

This volume is different from the other two I just finished listening to in that the "sections" are not dedicated to a separate celebrity guest. The "chapters" are grouped by subjects like : " Thank You President Bush", "Our Animal Kingdom" and "Panelists Have Feelings Too", each including three or four quotes from the panelists. There a few selected "It's not my Job" interviews (Michael Moore, Drew Carey and Ted Koppel here but that's not the majority of the material. It is still funny though. One segment - the one that ends the album - is one they "couldn't air on the radio". The title is "Sign Language Goes Awary" and I won't spoil the fun by telling you any more.
. There's 2 hours of entertainment on this volume and it's funny!

While I gave the other two volumes (which include full segments, I'm giving this one four for two reasons: 1) It's more a hodge-podge of short clips than full segments and 2) much is political humor from 2005-2007 and is already dated.

Be forwarned, however, that if you listen to this in public places, you just might get some strange looks from others around you.
I hope you found this review both informative and helpful.

Steve Ramm
"Anything Phonographic"

5.0 out of 5 stars best of npr, January 17, 2010
laine (Buffalo, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This show is awesome...bought it for my bro-in-law who loves npr...now I need to get a copy for myself!

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't wait, wait to get this, January 6, 2009
You'll laugh as the "Wait Wait" gang gleefully skewers more deserving targets in the news.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Waste Your Money!, September 9, 2014
As an avid follower and listener to this show, I ordered it to listen to during a cross-country driving trip. Don't waste your money! This is NOT "The Best of..." I don't know who picked the segments, but I want to be on the committee for the next one. These were just dumb, dumb, dumb. We didn't even finish it...not funny, they seemed to pick the most puerile segments. So sad. This is one of the funniest shows on the radio, and doesn't deserve this treatment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Geek Gift, November 9, 2012
This is my husband's favorite radio show -- but when he gets home they may be in the middle of the show. I gave this to him as a gift, so he can hear entire shows. He was excited -- so excited in fact that it went in his car changer and I never got to hear it. If someone you know is an NPR Geek -- this is a perfect gift.

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Funny!, May 20, 2013
C. Lampkin "A Reader 2" (Rockville, Maryland USA) - See all my reviews
I was looking for BOTs for a long car trip by myself and came across this on someone's list. I never heard of the show, but had ten hours to kill and thought, why not? Well the only disappointment was I only bought one volume! I could have easily listened to this the whole ten hours. It was so entertaining, interesting and yes funny. I'm not a laugh-out-loud kind of person, but I did chuckle several times. I'm going to order more for my trip back!

5.0 out of 5 stars Laughed till I cried., October 21, 2013
M. Winn (Bay Area, CA USA) - See all my reviews
There's a piece at the end that never got aired. I was in the audience when it was taped - it was howlingly funny. When I got this CD, I listened to it while I was driving home and had to pull over because I was laughing so hard that I couldn't see. Several months later I listened to it on a road trip with my mom. We laughed till we were crying and hitting each other.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›