Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on October 11, 2012
I look forward to this anthology every year. Unfortunately, the 2012 anthology left me wanting. It seemed as though the goal was to include as many widely different stories as possible, but the quality of most of them fell short, and many of them tried too hard. I am usually blown away by at least 90% of the stories in the anthologies - unfortunately, this time, only a few really stood out for me.

"The Nylon Curtain" by Elizabeth Coldwell was exquisite - I really enjoyed the anticipation and build of the eroticism. "Pagoda" by Sommer Marsden was also enticing. Perhaps my favorite story was "A Wider World" by Donna George Storey- the story moves along nicely, doesn't get confusing, and manages to stay sexy.
on August 19, 2013
I know that Violet only edits what is already out there but this year was missing something. Since finding this set several years ago I have purchased every one and could not put it down but this year was just okay.
on February 16, 2012
I purchased this book as Valentine's Day gift and read it prior to wrapping it up. The stories are all short yet very well written. The book includes stories dealing with exhibitionism, group play, erotic fantasy, submission, encounters between strangers, and other areas. There is something in here for virtually all readers. "Pagoda" is a fine example of mindplay in that both the protaganist and the reader are never sure if it is truly an exhibitionist display or all in the mind. Things being all in the mind are also a central part of "Skin Doctor" while "Eddie's All Night Diner" will make you look a little closer next time you're eating out. "Bad" and "A Wider World" both involve adding a third person or couple to bedroom play and were probably my favorite stories in the book. I agree with an earlier reviewer that "Dolly" is somewhat disturbing but then different strokes for different folks. All in all a great read.
on July 24, 2013
I'm not sure a...one handed read needs to be a literary classic, although I wish it had been. Moderately arousing, but not likely to be something I return to. In that case, it was slightly expensive.
on December 1, 2011
Best Women's Erotica 2012
Erotic Anthology - Dec. 6th, 2011
3 stars

In the Best Women's Erotica, there is an array of stories that vary from: implied sex, to spanking, to sex with knives, MFF, bondage and even one that felt a bit incestuous.

The shorts in the book really differ. In fact, the very first story called Drought seemed a bit poetic and experimental. Unlike many erotic anthologies the sex does not often seem straightforward and many of the stories are in first person which sometimes did not work for me since I have more trouble getting into a story where the main character isn't very interesting. Compared to their book, The Best Erotic Romance, I found this book was a little lack luster. I could I could not get into the stories quite as easily and the stories were a bit uneven. The story about Dolly I found a bit disturbing and one story in particular seemed to be on the edge of violence. I found this book a bit too shocking for my tastes. Still, less mainstream readers who enjoy more edgy reads that have much more than vanilla sex and that could even be called a bit artsy will find this book a treat.

Be warned, some of these stories are bit extreme and I would caution readers that some stories may not be to their tastes -wilder and kinkier than most in the market.

Reviewed by Steph from the Bookaholics Romance Book Club
on September 30, 2012
Except for two of the short stories - which should not have been included, overall this is a very well written collection of short Erotica stories that are more realistic than hype.
on May 8, 2015
Some of the choices were a bit of a stretch to be considered erotic, but all-in-all a well-selected choice of stories to arouse and inspire.
on May 1, 2013
I purchased this book because I read the blurb about it. I have skimmed the pages and think it will be a good book once I sit down and read it.