Customer Discussions > A Stolen Life: A Memoir forum

Best way to Buy?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 11, 2011 7:03:14 AM PDT
A. Failla says:
Does anyone know where or what format to buy this book so that Jaycee gets the most out of our purchase? I want to make sure she gets every penny she deserves when I buy it. (Does this make sense?)

I don't buy too many books, but I feel this is a book I need to buy and read no matter how difficult it may be.

Posted on Jul 12, 2011 2:18:45 PM PDT
serumjockey says:
Not sure but I pre-ordered the hard cover.

Posted on Jul 13, 2011 6:11:40 AM PDT
A. Failla says:
Thanks for the response. I guess, seeing as not many are giving feedback, it probably is not a big deal.

Posted on Jul 13, 2011 8:37:09 AM PDT
It all depends what the author negotiates with the publisher. Usually royalties are greater for the ebook, especially giving the deep discount on amazon for the hardcopy. But his is just a guess.

Posted on Jul 13, 2011 2:33:24 PM PDT
D. Peer says:
She got $20 million from the states 'Victim Compensation Fund', I don't think she wrote the book for the money, and the difference in royalties won't make much difference.

Posted on Jul 14, 2011 5:46:21 AM PDT
I agree as far as taking care of her own needs but disagree in that I could see Jaycee Dugard becoming a major philanthropist and victim advocate, which takes funding. I'm sure the proceeds from her book will go to good use.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Jul 11, 2011
Latest post:  Jul 14, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
A Stolen Life: A Memoir
A Stolen Life: A Memoir by Jaycee Lee Dugard (Hardcover - July 12, 2011)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (2,337)