Kodak Zi8 Pocket Video Camera - Black
Used & New from: $79.95
Best wireless Zi8 microphone 2 questions...
1. I've heard great reviews of the Sony Wireless Bluetooth microphone and want to know if it fits the Kodak Zi8?
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-ECM-HW2-Wireless-Bluetooth%C2%BF-Microphone/dp/B001PKUUF4/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t

2. What other wireless microphones work well for the Kodak Zi8? What are people currently using to create a better sound?
asked by Ashley Jessen on December 23, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
vote
I recently purchased my zi8 and love the picture quality, but am soooo disappointed in the hassle I'm going through to get good sound. I'm trying to film small educational video blogs. I purchased a Shure wireless microphone and it's sound was not that good. When I called Kodak, was told it can not record in stereo, only in mono. They also told me @ Kodak that wireless mics did not work. Unless anyone knows of a bonified way to get good (to match the excellent video), I will be returning the zi8...which is not what i want to do. I'm dissapointed the sound quality is not as good as the video.
Rick Joseph Dalrymple answered on June 2, 2010

A
vote
Just ran into this message thread, looking to update my wireless mic setup for my Zi8, that I've had since Christmas. Rick-whoever you talked to at Kodak must not be very well-knowledged. I have been using a wireless mic that I've had for nearly 30 years. I'm looking to find one with updated technology, hoping the quality will be a bit better. Hope I can, but if I can't, I know I have one that does work with it. It's an old RCA, but its range is only about 15-18 feet and I have to get the mic close to my mouth or decent sound pickup.
Patti Stoll answered on August 25, 2010

A
votes
I'm pretty sure it will not work with the zi-8 as the zi-8 has a 1/8" (3.5mm) jack for a microphone and this requires an active boot.
Andrew D Betts answered on December 27, 2009

A
votes
Hi Andrew
Thanks for answering that one. I appreciate the feedback.
Would you know of which ones might work best on the Zi8?
Ashley Jessen answered on December 29, 2009
‹ Previous   1   Next ›